Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hood alignment - need help

Go down 
+5
Shawn1112
jontoad
liljoejoe54
Illinois Chaos
northsiderz
9 posters
AuthorMessage
northsiderz
CAMM Member

Hood alignment - need help  Empty
PostSubject: Hood alignment - need help    Hood alignment - need help  I_icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2010, 3:04 pm

Ok, so I swapped out my R/T hood for an OEM SRT hood a little while back (Thanks Tom). I have messed around with the hood a couple different occasions to get it to line up right and just cannot quite seem to get it to sit flush like my stock R/T hood. For the most part the hood sits pretty flush, but my drivers side front seems to be up just a little bit at the corner (and it is only a little bit, but it drives me nuts).

There is a bit more of a gap along the front fascia between the hood but generally it sits flat. My question to you all is, do you have any tips for me to get this lined up like my stock R/T hood? My thought is that since both are stock Dodge hoods that a direct swap should not be a problem as far as alignment. Help me out, am I wrong here?

Thanks for the help
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Hood alignment - need help    Hood alignment - need help  I_icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2010, 3:56 pm

I think that if it's up a little on that side just hit it with a dead blow hammer a few times. I think the factory does it that way. Ask a good body and fender man how they to do it. Just needs a good tweaking to fit.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Hood alignment - need help    Hood alignment - need help  I_icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2010, 4:37 pm

My OEM SRT hood does the exact same thing. When I bought it off Elcobra, we messed around with it for about an hour and then just let it be. Its barely noticeable and it doesnt really bother me.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Hood alignment - need help    Hood alignment - need help  I_icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2010, 5:41 pm

i heard the guys at VFN can align a hood before you can blink.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Hood alignment - need help    Hood alignment - need help  I_icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2010, 7:10 pm

jontoad wrote:
Yes thay can, but thats a hood you buy from them.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Hood alignment - need help    Hood alignment - need help  I_icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2010, 7:32 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
jontoad wrote:

im sure they would help him for a couple bux under the table...
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Hood alignment - need help    Hood alignment - need help  I_icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2010, 8:05 pm

jontoad wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:
jontoad wrote:

im sure they would help him for a couple bux under the table...
Now thats a different story.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Hood alignment - need help    Hood alignment - need help  I_icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2010, 9:23 pm

The oem hoods are Aluminum so I wouldn't think that giving them a good tweaking could hurt if you carefull. Maybe sit in the radiator cover area with your legs dangling out over the bumper and pull the hood down onto your shoulder and reach up with your arms getting both hands on top of the hood and apply some downward pressure onto yor braced shoulder in just the right spot. The only question is, where is that spot exactly?
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Hood alignment - need help    Hood alignment - need help  I_icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2010, 9:27 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
The oem hoods are Aluminum so I wouldn't think that giving them a good tweaking could hurt if you carefull. Maybe sit in the radiator cover area with your legs dangling out over the bumper and pull the hood down onto your shoulder and reach up with your arms getting both hands on top of the hood and apply some downward pressure onto yor braced shoulder in just the right spot. The only question is, where is that spot exactly?

Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Hood alignment - need help    Hood alignment - need help  I_icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2010, 9:30 pm

lol, Jon.

Last edited by Illinois Chaos on August 19th 2010, 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Hood alignment - need help    Hood alignment - need help  I_icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2010, 9:31 pm

Try the rubber "bump stops" on the core support, try to turn the side that is higher down a bit, they just turn and are only rubber, I think I have miy old ones laying around somewhere if it twists off and breaks. Also too they are a PITA, I remember when I got my hood aligning it seemed easy but sucked. I remember my body guy doing it, he left them barely snug enough to hold the hood in place while we shut it, and being barely snug gave us the room to move it arounf here n there to get it right before tightening the bolts. If ya need a hand feel free to ask and I can lend a hand bro
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Hood alignment - need help    Hood alignment - need help  I_icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2010, 9:33 pm

your gonna do more damage ..leave it I'm pretty sure lots of peoples don't line up mine doesn't ..im going to live with it ...i asked my body guys he was gonna try to bend it a bit .but advised me to leave it alone
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Hood alignment - need help    Hood alignment - need help  I_icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2010, 9:59 pm

LOL Jon! Love the video!! Very Happy

Gotta remember that one for future use.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Hood alignment - need help    Hood alignment - need help  I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2010, 2:14 am

just adjust the bumper stops like Adam said... ive never had an issue with them turning or anything... thats pretty much what those bumpers are for... hood alignment
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Hood alignment - need help    Hood alignment - need help  I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2010, 11:05 am

the back of the 2007 dont have bumper stops on the back there more like foam fillings of some kind.the one side of mine still looks a bit higher but im still not touching it.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hood alignment - need help    Hood alignment - need help  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hood alignment - need help
Page 1 of 1