Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alignment maybe???

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Srteight
CAMM Member
Srteight

Alignment maybe??? Empty
PostSubject: Alignment maybe???   Alignment maybe??? I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2009, 1:13 am

What up cam! My front tires are wearing really bad towards the outter side. And i mean, time for new fronts bad. Struck me as odd cuz the rear looks ok considering the way i stomp it from time 2 time. I was thinkin alignment, but both front tires seem 2 have worn towards the outter side. Could that still be the problem? I was told the tires cant be rotated because of the offset, which made sense to me. These are the stock goodyear F1s 245 45 r20 front, and 255 45 r20 rear. Im at 17500miles so I know the alignment wont be covered under warranty anymore. Any insight would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

Alignment maybe??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alignment maybe???   Alignment maybe??? I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2009, 1:28 am

i would pm jontoad, resident tire expert!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Alignment maybe??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alignment maybe???   Alignment maybe??? I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2009, 6:33 am

Probably wait till Jontoad or Adam looks at this post. They can answer this question for you
Back to top Go down
Srteight
CAMM Member
Srteight

Alignment maybe??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alignment maybe???   Alignment maybe??? I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2009, 7:49 am

Okay hopefully they will chime in soon. Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

Alignment maybe??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alignment maybe???   Alignment maybe??? I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2009, 8:18 am

Yeah, it's the alignment. Also since they can't be rotated ever, they seem to wear "faster". Plus I've noticed Chargers kinda wear the front tires a little funky anyways. I'd (if I were you), get some new tires, get the front end checked out (tie-rods, ball joints, etc...) then get an alignment afterwards. If you're looking for that stuff, let me know, that's what I do LOL
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

Alignment maybe??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alignment maybe???   Alignment maybe??? I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2009, 8:25 am

my bad I forgot that Adam doers suspension work. sorry Adam!
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

Alignment maybe??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alignment maybe???   Alignment maybe??? I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2009, 8:30 am

ghost wrote:
my bad I forgot that Adam doers suspension work. sorry Adam!

ha ha ha It's all good man, I've been kinda busy and not on the board lately anyways, by the time I sit down and look at the clock, it's time to pass out..... lol
Back to top Go down
Srteight
CAMM Member
Srteight

Alignment maybe??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alignment maybe???   Alignment maybe??? I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2009, 11:10 am

Moparcharger06 wrote:
Yeah, it's the alignment. Also since they can't be rotated ever, they seem to wear "faster". Plus I've noticed Chargers kinda wear the front tires a little funky anyways. I'd (if I were you), get some new tires, get the front end checked out (tie-rods, ball joints, etc...) then get an alignment afterwards. If you're looking for that stuff, let me know, that's what I do LOL

Cool. Thanks alot bro. Have any of u guys that were offset switched 2 the same size tires all around? I know you could get more life outta the tires since u can rotate them, but is the uneven wear still an issue? Also, if sumthin is wrong up front (tie-rods, ball joints, etc...), would that still be covered under warranty?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Alignment maybe??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alignment maybe???   Alignment maybe??? I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2009, 12:20 pm

Srteight wrote:
Moparcharger06 wrote:

Cool. Thanks alot bro. Have any of u guys that were offset switched 2 the same size tires all around? I know you could get more life outta the tires since u can rotate them, but is the uneven wear still an issue? Also, if sumthin is wrong up front (tie-rods, ball joints, etc...), would that still be covered under warranty?
Tie rods and ball joints should be covered, mine were!
Back to top Go down
Srteight
CAMM Member
Srteight

Alignment maybe??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alignment maybe???   Alignment maybe??? I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2009, 5:12 pm

Sounds good. I appreciate the info guys. I gotta go to the dealer soon anyway. The rear ves took a crap and my daughter is not a happy camper... Sad Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Alignment maybe??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alignment maybe???   Alignment maybe??? I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2009, 8:27 pm

I would argue my ass off for new tires. If the ball joints or tie rods are bad that could have caused premature tire wear. You should give it a shot, the most they can do is tell you to go fuck yourself on the tires
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alignment maybe??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alignment maybe???   Alignment maybe??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alignment maybe???
Page 1 of 1