Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Driver/Passanger Side Rockers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Greyghost9
CAMM Member
Greyghost9

Driver/Passanger Side Rockers Empty
PostSubject: Driver/Passanger Side Rockers   Driver/Passanger Side Rockers I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2015, 12:03 pm

I don't know if this has happened to anybody else here, but the driver side skirt cracked and then totally split on my Challenger. So right now its just flapping in the wind in front of my rear tire. I have been looking around at other forums and it seems cold weather and snow or ice build up seem to be the issue.

I was looking to get this fixed so my car doesn't look like poop and I was wondering if anyone else in this group has had that issue and if you replaced them who did the work?
Back to top Go down
kermit
CAMM Pro
kermit

PostSubject: Re: Driver/Passanger Side Rockers   Driver/Passanger Side Rockers I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2015, 1:44 pm

Very common problem that people were getting fixed under warranty. I lucked out though and it never happened to my 2011, but I know it did to others like MsScarlett.
Back to top Go down
MsScarlett
MsScarlett

PostSubject: Re: Driver/Passanger Side Rockers   Driver/Passanger Side Rockers I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2015, 8:27 am

Yep, fixed under warranty. No problems since. I believe Tom C also had his replaced.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Driver/Passanger Side Rockers   Driver/Passanger Side Rockers I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2015, 12:04 pm

Question is does he still have a warranty left on his Chally?
Back to top Go down
kermit
CAMM Pro
kermit

PostSubject: Re: Driver/Passanger Side Rockers   Driver/Passanger Side Rockers I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2015, 12:46 pm

Probably not under warranty anymore unless he got an extended. I'm trying to find the rockers on Chrysler Factory Parts right now to get the part numbers and costs through them. The site is a pain in the ass.
Back to top Go down
kermit
CAMM Pro
kermit

PostSubject: Re: Driver/Passanger Side Rockers   Driver/Passanger Side Rockers I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2015, 12:54 pm

Looks like they're called Rocker Panel Cladding?  It's showing 104.95 for each panel on Chrysler Factory Parts
Back to top Go down
nolajunkie
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Driver/Passanger Side Rockers   Driver/Passanger Side Rockers I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2015, 8:48 am

If it is a big issue with these cars You should call Chrysler if you ate out of warranty. Alot of times they will help cover the costs of replacement on items that ate known to be a problem to prevent recalls. Be firm with them. Ask for replacement and you will cover labor. I used to work for dodge and saw this all the time
Back to top Go down
nolajunkie
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Driver/Passanger Side Rockers   Driver/Passanger Side Rockers I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2015, 8:49 am

Sorry for the typos did it on my phone
Back to top Go down
Greyghost9
CAMM Member
Greyghost9

PostSubject: Re: Driver/Passanger Side Rockers   Driver/Passanger Side Rockers I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2015, 7:43 am

Thanks for all the help guys, yeah my warranty ran out last fall and if I had read about it before hand I would have probably got them changed. Thanks for the link though Kermit, looking around that 104 is the cheapest I have seen, I might have to suck it up and just do it. I might try and call like Nola suggested but I don't want to do the whole back and forth thing with them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Driver/Passanger Side Rockers   Driver/Passanger Side Rockers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Driver/Passanger Side Rockers
Page 1 of 1