Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

$80 HUD too good to be true?

Go down 
+4
funkpolice
Shawn1112
liljoejoe54
Kalec
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kalec
CAMM Member
Kalec

$80 HUD too good to be true? Empty
PostSubject: $80 HUD too good to be true?   $80 HUD too good to be true? I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2013, 3:52 pm

Gogoautoshop.com/electronics/head-up-display-hud.html

So I have been really wishing that I could find a way to put a HUD in my car for a long time. I assumed that this would be an expensive thing to do, and that it would be something to think about later. I found this online during an early morning quest online, and I'm thinking I will buy one with my next paycheck. Thought that I would share the link, because it's badass, and only $80. They also have a plug and play version for $130, but I have zero desire to have cables running around on the front of my dash.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: $80 HUD too good to be true?   $80 HUD too good to be true? I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2013, 4:10 pm

Looks decent enough but that might be distracting, unless you can aim it to hit lower on the windshield.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: $80 HUD too good to be true?   $80 HUD too good to be true? I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2013, 4:44 pm

I loved HUD on my GTP, interested to see how this works out for you
Back to top Go down
Kalec
CAMM Member
Kalec

PostSubject: Re: $80 HUD too good to be true?   $80 HUD too good to be true? I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2013, 5:10 pm

Give me a few weeks and I will let you know.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: $80 HUD too good to be true?   $80 HUD too good to be true? I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2013, 5:10 pm

My wife's Acadia has it and it is awesome. I've been thinking about getting one for my car, but hadn't found anything that had good reviews. I'm interested to see what you think.

bill
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: $80 HUD too good to be true?   $80 HUD too good to be true? I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2013, 6:57 pm

an issue that I am aware of with HUD displays is the windshield. If you've ever had to replace the windshield in a car with HUD you'll know this. As I recall (now i could be outdated here), but in order for the HUD to work properly, the windshield has a special coating allowing the HUD to show up clearly on the glass. A lot of glass shops will ask you when replacing a windshield if its and HUD window or not.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: $80 HUD too good to be true?   $80 HUD too good to be true? I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2013, 7:44 pm

firestartr420 wrote:
an issue that I am aware of with HUD displays is the windshield. If you've ever had to replace the windshield in a car with HUD you'll know this. As I recall (now i could be outdated here), but in order for the HUD to work properly, the windshield has a special coating allowing the HUD to show up clearly on the glass. A lot of glass shops will ask you when replacing a windshield if its and HUD window or not.

you can add a small square clear reflective film on the windshield. it comes in the kit, no big deal.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: $80 HUD too good to be true?   $80 HUD too good to be true? I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2013, 7:53 pm

i did not know this... thanks Jon!
Back to top Go down
ChicagoSRT8
CAMM Member
ChicagoSRT8

PostSubject: Re: $80 HUD too good to be true?   $80 HUD too good to be true? I_icon_minitimeMay 20th 2013, 3:10 pm

I give up. What's a HUD?
Back to top Go down
jlg1963
CAMM Pro
jlg1963

PostSubject: Re: $80 HUD too good to be true?   $80 HUD too good to be true? I_icon_minitimeMay 20th 2013, 3:18 pm

Heads UP Display = HUD
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: $80 HUD too good to be true?   $80 HUD too good to be true? I_icon_minitimeMay 20th 2013, 6:32 pm

In my wife's car it projects the mph, outside temp, nav directions, etc onto the windshield. It sounds pointless, but it really is nice to have. I got to try out the cooled seats for the first time last weekend and that is definitely a strange feeling. Kind of feels like your sitting in a puddle. I had to check and make sure my ass wasn't all wet when I got out...weird.

bill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: $80 HUD too good to be true?   $80 HUD too good to be true? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

$80 HUD too good to be true?
Page 1 of 1