Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

true or false?

Go down 
+4
Illinois Chaos
Shawn1112
firestartr420
jgraun
8 posters
AuthorMessage
jgraun
CAMM Member
jgraun

true or false? Empty
PostSubject: true or false?   true or false? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2012, 10:29 pm

When I bought my car the salesman told me you can put a background picture on the 8.4 inch screen, is that true or false? or can you change the colors on your screen? dabears
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

true or false? Empty
PostSubject: Re: true or false?   true or false? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2012, 12:11 am

false.... unless you find out something i havent, I would love to change to color of my screen background to Blue to match with my blue stitching...
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

true or false? Empty
PostSubject: Re: true or false?   true or false? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2012, 6:33 am

I know Bull from Z forum has a pic of his car on his screen. He has a srt8 though.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

true or false? Empty
PostSubject: Re: true or false?   true or false? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2012, 7:05 am

You can upload any pic that you want to. To change colors you need to get into the engineering screen. I would advise against that. You can easily brick it, if you change the wrong setting. I just leave mine alone and enjoy the tunes.
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

true or false? Empty
PostSubject: Re: true or false?   true or false? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2012, 10:01 am

Illinois Chaos wrote:
You can upload any pic that you want to. To change colors you need to get into the engineering screen. I would advise against that. You can easily brick it, if you change the wrong setting. I just leave mine alone and enjoy the tunes.
You also do not have a 2011 8.4 unit goofball I have the camm logo on mine but that is also not the newer nicer unit
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

true or false? Empty
PostSubject: Re: true or false?   true or false? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2012, 10:29 am

Headtripp wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:
You also do not have a 2011 8.4 unit goofball I have the camm logo on mine but that is also not the newer nicer unit

I know, stick to racing. What a Face
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

true or false? Empty
PostSubject: Re: true or false?   true or false? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2012, 5:06 pm

ive been looking for a way to change the Image and the colors on our nice big screens but to no avail ... if there was a way, Im sure I would have figured it out already... sadly, i havent...
Back to top Go down
jgraun
CAMM Member
jgraun

true or false? Empty
PostSubject: Re: true or false?   true or false? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2012, 2:23 pm

yeah I was all excited when the salesman told me that. I have been looking all over the internet and trying to read up on things and I couldent find one thing.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

true or false? Empty
PostSubject: Re: true or false?   true or false? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2012, 8:12 pm

i know there's a way to change color.but you can really mess it up in the process....
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

true or false? Empty
PostSubject: Re: true or false?   true or false? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2012, 12:12 am

i suppose, if you knew someone who worked at a dealership, you might be able to get the service tech to load something or change the color... either way, you gotta somehow get into the programming of the unit to change the color at the moment.
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

true or false? Empty
PostSubject: Re: true or false?   true or false? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2012, 9:23 pm

Cant you just download it from a USB? The same way you add music? scratch
Back to top Go down
jgraun
CAMM Member
jgraun

true or false? Empty
PostSubject: Re: true or false?   true or false? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2012, 10:29 pm

I actully just thought about that the other day, im going to have to try it and see what happens
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

true or false? Empty
PostSubject: Re: true or false?   true or false? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2012, 12:10 am

AlterEgo wrote:
Cant you just download it from a USB? The same way you add music? scratch

nope...the usb and sd card readers only recognize music files, and some special file format called like KBL or something. I did an update on the radio through the USB with a flash drive, got me thinking... i tried loading a drive with pictures and music and the only thing that showed up was the music... picture folders were there, but no pictures...
Back to top Go down
jgraun
CAMM Member
jgraun

true or false? Empty
PostSubject: Re: true or false?   true or false? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2012, 9:22 am

damn that sucks ...thanks for lettin me know tho. Just pisses me off that the salesman (bastard) told me that cause i got all excited
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

true or false? Empty
PostSubject: Re: true or false?   true or false? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2012, 6:59 pm

Isn't there a radio book in the glove box?
Back to top Go down
mwa145
CAMM Pro
mwa145

true or false? Empty
PostSubject: Re: true or false?   true or false? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2012, 7:54 pm

ask bullish how he changed his
http://www.lxforums.com/board/members/bullishv8-21289.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

true or false? Empty
PostSubject: Re: true or false?   true or false? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

true or false?
Page 1 of 1