Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SUSPENSION HELP - please

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
northsiderz
CAMM Member

SUSPENSION HELP - please Empty
PostSubject: SUSPENSION HELP - please   SUSPENSION HELP - please I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 10:30 am

So I have been looking into doing some suspension upgrades on my '09 Charger R/T (non R&T package). My goals are pretty simple. I would like it to sit lower (about 1-1,5") and handle a bit better (meaning less bounce or roll in the corners). To this point I have 2 separate estimates, one option is for a full coilover kit from Peddars and the other is for a full suspension upgrade also from Peddars. The quotes I got are from a local shop that has come very highly recommended. I respect what they are offering and their opinions. Unfortunately, I just don't think I have the cash (scratch that, it would be hard to drop all that cash at one time) to get this done right now.

I was just hoping to get some thoughts from you all. I don't just want to slap on some lowering springs and call it a day because this would wind up doing more damage than it would good in the long run. So, I'm not looking to get it done cheaply I just want to feel like I am getting a really good price for a solid set up.

Below are the estimates for work I'm looking to get done. Thanks in advance.

LX GSR Front Strut (144304) 2 x 114.73 229.46
LX Front Coil (2940) 2 x 92.30 184.60
LX Front Upper Control Arm Bushing Adjustable (EP6570) 1 x 282.19
LX Rear Camber Link/ Radius Rod Bushing (EP7276) 1 x 109.84
LX Rear Camber Link Adjustable Busking Kit (EP7277) 1x 170.15
LX GSR Rear Shock (141206) 2 x 113.08
LX Rear Coil (2051) 1 x 92.30
LX Bump Steer Correction Kit (EP2113) 1 x 84.00
Shipping 80.00
Install 7 hours x 100 = $700
Alignment 69.99
Shop supplies 7 x 1 = 7

tax 7.25% Grand Total $2336.15

Coilover option:

LX Xa Extreme Coilovers (160059) 1 x 1524.99
LX Front Upper Control Arm Bushing Adj (EP6570) 1 x 282.19
LX Rear Camber Link/ Radius Rod Bushing (EP7277) 1 x 109.84
LX Rear Camber Link Adj Bushing Kit (EP7277) 1 x 170.15
LX Bump Steer Correction Kit (EP2113) 1 x 84.00
Shipping 135.00
Shop Supplies 1 x 9 = 9
Install 9 hours x 100 = $900
Alignment 69.99
Tax 7.25% 158.06

Grand Total $3443.22

These are my options. I was hoping to be a little lower than the first estimate. Is there anything I can do to achieve my goals of lowering and handling without having something crap out on me too soon? Are there other vendors that I should consider? I'm just reaching out to my CAMM members for some help and guidance.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: SUSPENSION HELP - please   SUSPENSION HELP - please I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 11:23 am

That would be good to do those things to your suspension. One of the biggest things you should do is replace the EP1172 rear subframe bushes. Right now I have purchased bushings here and there that I see in the for sale threads on forums. With the items listed here, that I'm installing, your LX platform will be transformed into a true E class Mercedes that they popped our Charger body onto.

EP1172
EP7276
EP7277
EP7282
EP7275
EP7281
EP7283
EP6568
EP6570

I have a Razors Edge Bump Steer Cor Kit. Fr/rear adj. end links, Sub Frame Connectors. Stack Perf. Chubby Fr/rear sways.

Keep your eyes open and just pick them up cheaper as they come up for sale.
Back to top Go down
northsiderz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: SUSPENSION HELP - please   SUSPENSION HELP - please I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 1:33 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I think its a good idea to get multiple options when considering something like this. I was hoping to stay at or under $1500 or so, but I may not have any other options because of the install labor. I would love to say I could do this myself but I think I would be in way over my head.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: SUSPENSION HELP - please   SUSPENSION HELP - please I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 2:04 pm

Yeah, it takes knowledge, press, tools, lift, alignment. It's labor intensive, too. Might want to ask Adam (Moparcharger) he can do it.
Back to top Go down
northsiderz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: SUSPENSION HELP - please   SUSPENSION HELP - please I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 2:56 pm

Thanks for the heads up. Maybe I'll see if he chimes in.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: SUSPENSION HELP - please   SUSPENSION HELP - please I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 5:20 pm

you could also save yourself some money by buying the parts yourself and just having the shop do the install. You could save yourself some of the tax, and shipping costs on the parts of you shop around and find places offering free shipping and things like that.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: SUSPENSION HELP - please   SUSPENSION HELP - please I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 5:22 pm

remember, the shop usually adds a percentage of his cost on top of your cost for the part... so something that he says costs $115, he's actually buying for like 95..
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: SUSPENSION HELP - please   SUSPENSION HELP - please I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 5:43 pm

northsiderz wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. I think its a good idea to get multiple options when considering something like this. I was hoping to stay at or under $1500 or so, but I may not have any other options because of the install labor. I would love to say I could do this myself but I think I would be in way over my head.

Always best to play wait and see. I've been picking up parts since March. Deals will pop up suddenly, so have $ at the ready.
Back to top Go down
northsiderz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: SUSPENSION HELP - please   SUSPENSION HELP - please I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 6:14 pm

Thanks again .....I guess I'll get started shopping around
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: SUSPENSION HELP - please   SUSPENSION HELP - please I_icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2010, 12:06 am

That labor is HIGH!! I could beat that.....
Back to top Go down
northsiderz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: SUSPENSION HELP - please   SUSPENSION HELP - please I_icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2010, 9:39 am

Moparcharger - Well thanks for lookin out. Let me know if there is any way you could help out.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: SUSPENSION HELP - please   SUSPENSION HELP - please I_icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2010, 8:51 pm

I could help out with the install on a WAY lower labor rate.....
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: SUSPENSION HELP - please   SUSPENSION HELP - please I_icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2010, 9:52 pm

You should check out the Pedders bushings that Rich has for sale on the LX forums. I bought some of my bushings from him. A real good guy.
Back to top Go down
northsiderz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: SUSPENSION HELP - please   SUSPENSION HELP - please I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2010, 11:05 am

IL Chaos....thanks for that. I actually reached out to Rich......he sold the bushings already. Too bad. But, he is helping me potentially buy the stuff. That would save me some money and hopefully get this done.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: SUSPENSION HELP - please   SUSPENSION HELP - please I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2010, 1:13 pm

northsiderz wrote:
IL Chaos....thanks for that. I actually reached out to Rich......he sold the bushings already. Too bad. But, he is helping me potentially buy the stuff. That would save me some money and hopefully get this done.

Yeah, just send Rich D a pm and tell him what you want and he will send you an invoice and order it for you and have Pedders ship it direct to you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SUSPENSION HELP - please   SUSPENSION HELP - please I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SUSPENSION HELP - please
Page 1 of 1