Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck

Go down 
+13
Shawn1112
josph26
AlterEgo
eviltrycycle
HiPwr
HemiMag
Hoodie
jontoad
irishrt5.7
chargerchick
Illinois Chaos
TheDarkKnight
bogieboy
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

do you like it?
Yes
Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck - Page 4 I_vote12100%Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck - Page 4 I_vote13
 100% [ 29 ]
No
Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck - Page 4 I_vote120%Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck - Page 4 I_vote13
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 29

AuthorMessage
bogieboy
CAMM All-Star
bogieboy

Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck   Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2012, 9:55 pm

Lol yep 4bbl with adapter.... Loose a touch more on the bottom, but with boost the gains outweigh the losses
Back to top Go down
bogieboy
CAMM All-Star
bogieboy

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck   Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2012, 4:33 pm

Well... Todays score..... A $45 set of hoosier cheater slicks......
Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck - Page 4 0602121552a

Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck - Page 4 Downsized950602121552
Back to top Go down
bogieboy
CAMM All-Star
bogieboy

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck   Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2012, 7:29 am

Next on the parts list....hehehe let the fun begin
Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck - Page 4 20120616_160240

Also picked up a set of forged rods, a 220/230 114lsa 507 lift cam, some heads, head studs, roller rockers, and pushrods.....still need more forged goodies though...LOL
Back to top Go down
bogieboy
CAMM All-Star
bogieboy

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck   Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2012, 8:54 am

todays pick up... ended up fighting with trying to polish the rims to no avail.... got em back from powdercoat today, pics mounted later this week...i had to drop em and run to work, and wont be able to get em on the truck til the weekend most likely...

Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck - Page 4 20120821_080924

what you cant reallly se is that even though its a flat finish, it has a metal/prism flake in it that pops when in the sun.... the actual gray is within a shade or two of the gray on the lower portion of the truck....
Back to top Go down
bogieboy
CAMM All-Star
bogieboy

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck   Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2012, 8:55 am

oh yeah..almost forgot what came last week....hehehe

Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck - Page 4 20120817_190224
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck   Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2012, 10:15 am

nice!
Back to top Go down
bogieboy
CAMM All-Star
bogieboy

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck   Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2012, 11:48 am

See i told ya you would like what i was going to do with them.....LOL you were all meh before...
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck   Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2012, 12:58 pm

Lil Boogie is growing up!!!!!
Back to top Go down
bogieboy
CAMM All-Star
bogieboy

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck   Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2012, 1:46 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Lil Boogie is growing up!!!!!

haha yep...should be in the neighborhood of 450-500 at the wheels when its done.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck   Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2012, 3:35 pm

Holy Shit!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
bogieboy
CAMM All-Star
bogieboy

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck   Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2012, 5:15 pm

Hehehe yep... With the mods i have it will have good pep... This turbo made 560some hp on a 5.2 with a mild cam and no other mods (twisted a rod a month later), i will have lightly ported heads, 220/230 .507 lift 114lsa cam, roller rockers, m1 4bbl single plane intake, and all forged internals....weak point of my build will be the block....
Back to top Go down
Axiom
CAMM Member
Axiom

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck   Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2012, 11:38 pm

So. There are other Dakota owners on this forum.
Back to top Go down
bogieboy
CAMM All-Star
bogieboy

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck   Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2012, 11:44 pm

Yep.... You go by slokota on any dak forums? Im bogieboy pretty much everywhere...LOL
Back to top Go down
Axiom
CAMM Member
Axiom

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck   Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2012, 11:46 pm

I'm Axiom on DakotaRT and Dak-Dur. SLOKOTA is just the plate on my truck.
Back to top Go down
bogieboy
CAMM All-Star
bogieboy

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck   Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2012, 11:51 pm

Ahh ok i am over on dak dur.... Used to be more active there before steve sold the site....
Back to top Go down
Axiom
CAMM Member
Axiom

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck   Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2012, 6:23 pm

bogieboy wrote:
Ahh ok i am over on dak dur.... Used to be more active there before steve sold the site....
Yeah I mainly stick to DakotaRT. I browse RaceMagnum occasionally. Never posted though.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck   Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2012, 6:46 pm

there are a couple more here but they have been MIA a bit this year for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Axiom
CAMM Member
Axiom

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck   Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2012, 6:48 pm

jontoad wrote:
there are a couple more here but they have been MIA a bit this year for some reason.

I'd be more active if I could get this damn thing running. Need someone to finish the short block and drop it in but I don't have $2500 for it.
Back to top Go down
bogieboy
CAMM All-Star
bogieboy

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck   Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2012, 6:51 pm

Haha finish it yourself.... Thats what i am doing...only thing i am outsourcing is the block machine work.... And the balancing of the crank and such..... I will be assembling it all myself....
Back to top Go down
bogieboy
CAMM All-Star
bogieboy

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck   Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2012, 6:52 pm

And i been too busy working lately to be more active here....LOL we gotta meet up sometime man....
Back to top Go down
Axiom
CAMM Member
Axiom

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck   Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2012, 6:53 pm

bogieboy wrote:
Haha finish it yourself.... Thats what i am doing...only thing i am outsourcing is the block machine work.... And the balancing of the crank and such..... I will be assembling it all myself....
Don't know how and I'm not risking $3000 worth of parts on a learning experience.
Back to top Go down
bogieboy
CAMM All-Star
bogieboy

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck   Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2012, 9:43 pm

Axiom wrote:
bogieboy wrote:
Don't know how and I'm not risking $3000 worth of parts on a learning experience.

honestly its not that hard...
Back to top Go down
Axiom
CAMM Member
Axiom

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck   Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2012, 6:25 pm

bogieboy wrote:
Axiom wrote:
bogieboy wrote:

I beg to differ. Never having done it before I don't even know where to start.
Back to top Go down
bogieboy
CAMM All-Star
bogieboy

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck   Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2012, 10:57 pm

Axiom wrote:
bogieboy wrote:
Axiom wrote:
bogieboy wrote:

honestly an engine isnt near as complex as it seems... You got a crank, rods, pistons, block to hold them, cam (s) lifters, pushrods, rockers, valves, water and oil pump, bearings, and gaskets... Knowing what each part does and how it does it is pretty simple, knowing that it goes together a certain way to make it do its job is easy too...when the block and rotating assy is out, they will check all clearances on bearings, so it literally becomes a bolt it together and go affair...if you can turn a wrench you can build an engine...if you can use a micrometer or feeler gauge, you can do 99% of it yourself...

Im not trying to be cocky or anything, an engine is really simpler than it seems... I never tore down a block before, and i had the engine i am building go from whole engine (intake to oilpan, waterpump to crank output) down to a pile of parts in about 2 hrs...remember i have never pulled apart an engine bigger than a briggs 5hp.... They arent really that complicated unless you get into the variable valve timed engines, dohc, etc...

Also, not trying to force you into it, if you arent comfortable with doing it thats your call man, not mine...
Back to top Go down
Axiom
CAMM Member
Axiom

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck   Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2012, 1:58 pm

bogieboy wrote:
Axiom wrote:
bogieboy wrote:
Axiom wrote:
bogieboy wrote:

honestly an engine isnt near as complex as it seems... You got a crank, rods, pistons, block to hold them, cam (s) lifters, pushrods, rockers, valves, water and oil pump, bearings, and gaskets... Knowing what each part does and how it does it is pretty simple, knowing that it goes together a certain way to make it do its job is easy too...when the block and rotating assy is out, they will check all clearances on bearings, so it literally becomes a bolt it together and go affair...if you can turn a wrench you can build an engine...if you can use a micrometer or feeler gauge, you can do 99% of it yourself...

Im not trying to be cocky or anything, an engine is really simpler than it seems... I never tore down a block before, and i had the engine i am building go from whole engine (intake to oilpan, waterpump to crank output) down to a pile of parts in about 2 hrs...remember i have never pulled apart an engine bigger than a briggs 5hp.... They arent really that complicated unless you get into the variable valve timed engines, dohc, etc...

Also, not trying to force you into it, if you arent comfortable with doing it thats your call man, not mine...

My problem is that I've never been able to learn by reading. I very much learn by doing. The problem with that here is if I do something wrong while learning. There's potentially thousands of dollars going down the drain. I have no doubt that I could do it. I would just need someone there to walk me through the first time. Then I have no doubt I could build another engine without issue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck   Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lil' Bogie...AKA my truck
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next