Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CAMM 14th Anniversary Picnic

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

CAMM 14th Anniversary Picnic Empty
PostSubject: CAMM 14th Anniversary Picnic   CAMM 14th Anniversary Picnic I_icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2023, 6:24 pm

Busse Woods South/Ned Brown Meadow
Shelter #26
Arlington Heights Rd and Higgins Rd
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007

Saturday, June 10th
10 am to 430 pm

We have the shelter from 7 am to 630 pm.  I will have to be onsite by 9 am to show the permit which is fine since we will have set up to do.

Everyone that can read this is invited to come, you are also more than welcome to bring your family members.  We try to make this a family friendly event but please note there will be foul language used and beer will be probably be consumed so keep that in mind. We just need a count so we can make sure we have enough food.

We will have a covered shelter with picnic tables but you are also welcome to bring your own chairs to sit around in.  We have plenty of room to play any lawn games that you would like to bring, just keep things that are thrown around away from the cars.  There will be games on site for all to play with, we just ask that all parts are left with the game so they can go back to their home together.  

Drinking is allowed as long as you are 50 feet away from the road and its not in a glass container. Please do not test the park district on this.  Also please do not drink heavily then drive home, we do not condone drinking and driving and do not want to see anyone hurt or a ride messed up.  Anyone driving in the park at excessive speeds, doing burnouts, chirping tires, etc you will be asked to leave.  This has gone really well in the past and I would like to keep it that way.

If you have a set of bags you are willing to bring please let me know, that will be appreciated.

We are asking anyone that is coming to bring bring an appetizer or a side dish, or a dessert to share.  Or you can donate $20 per person you are bringing and just show up.  Donations will be used to cover the cost of renting the space, renting the grill, and the food provided by the club.  If you would like to bring food please post what you are bringing in the comments below. If you are going to donate it cane be sent ahead of time to the clubs paypal account.  Do not send me money yet, I forgot to update my freaking phone number so now I cannot get into the account because it wants to send a code to my old number.  I am working on fixing it.

Please note there is not power at the shelter so if you are bringing something that needs to be warm we will have a few chafing dishes avilable and fuel but it will be limited on how hot it can keep things.

Last edited by eviltrycycle on January 18th 2023, 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: CAMM 14th Anniversary Picnic   CAMM 14th Anniversary Picnic I_icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2023, 6:25 pm

I will update as I see things posted to Facebook.

Menu (covered by club/ donations)

Smoked chicken tenders
Hamburgers and hot dogs
buns
cheese
condiments
plates
bottled water
assorted soda
ice
plates
utensils

Suggestions to bring

nacho cheese doritos
cool ranch doritos
tortilla chips and salsa
pita chips and spinach artichoke dip
potato chips (any variety) and french onion dip
chicken in a basket crackers and buffalo chicken dip
other chips and dips are optional just need to know what you are bringing

meat and cheese tray
fruit tray
veggie tray
other trays are optional just need to know what you are bringing

deviled eggs
potato salad
pasta salad
baked beans
coleslaw
other sides are optional just need to know what you are bringing

brownies
cookies
cupcakes
pie
other desserts are optional just need to know what you are bringing

Last edited by eviltrycycle on May 27th 2023, 1:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: CAMM 14th Anniversary Picnic   CAMM 14th Anniversary Picnic I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2023, 2:41 pm

What day is this happening??
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: CAMM 14th Anniversary Picnic   CAMM 14th Anniversary Picnic I_icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2023, 9:00 pm

June 10th, I updated the first post. Thanks dude.

jamesv82 likes this post

Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: CAMM 14th Anniversary Picnic   CAMM 14th Anniversary Picnic I_icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2023, 11:20 am

Like we talked already, we are not going to make it. My mom's daughter's cousin's sister-in-law's college sorority big sister is getting married and we got invited that weekend.

Let me know when you get the donation account fix cause I still want to help out.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: CAMM 14th Anniversary Picnic   CAMM 14th Anniversary Picnic I_icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2023, 5:07 pm

HA HA HA

3 calls later the FARKING PayPal account has been fixed. If you want to send you can but its not needed since yall won't be here. I can show what I use the money for to prove I didn't use it to put gas in my car.

chicagolandareamodernmopars@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: CAMM 14th Anniversary Picnic   CAMM 14th Anniversary Picnic I_icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2023, 10:41 am

Ok only if you show the receipt, the food being cooked and it being eaten.

Have fun....
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: CAMM 14th Anniversary Picnic   CAMM 14th Anniversary Picnic I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2023, 5:32 pm

We were out in the area of the shelter today so we stopped by. Its cool but I have a worry now. Its near the main bike trail so there were a decent amount of cars parked in the area leading up to where we are going to be and where our shelter was.

It will be easy enough to block the circle and just let our people park in there but I really do not want to have to ask people to move but Tim said he can handle.

Also we talked it over and we are going to just smoke up a few different meats vs getting a grill and having to deal with all that. Just easier all around. Right now the plan is smoking a turkey, a ham, and a pork shoulder. I might get some hot links too just to have options.

Just a quick update.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: CAMM 14th Anniversary Picnic   CAMM 14th Anniversary Picnic I_icon_minitimeMay 27th 2023, 11:25 am

Bumping this in case anyone but Shawn or James actually comes onto the board.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CAMM 14th Anniversary Picnic   CAMM 14th Anniversary Picnic I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CAMM 14th Anniversary Picnic
Page 1 of 1