Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cruise for the Kids

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Cruise for the Kids Empty
PostSubject: Cruise for the Kids   Cruise for the Kids I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2020, 7:22 am

Cruise for the Kids

Sunday at 1 PM – 3:30 PM
6 days from now · 46–66°F Partly Cloudy

DuPage County Sheriff's Office
Hosted by DuPage County Sheriff's Office

Sheriff James Mendrick and the DuPage County Sheriff's Office, along with our local businesses, fire departments, police departments, and the Mike Mashal family, would like to invite you to attend our "Cruise For The Kids"! Many of you have been cooped up at home with the kids for the last couple of weeks now and what better way to stretch your legs than to get out of the house, set up your lawn chairs in front, and have us come to you for some vehicular entertainment!

On Sunday, May 3rd, at 1:00 p.m. our mobile car cruise parade will be departing westbound from the area of Rt. 59 & Rt. 64 and begin a designated route through several communities in the West Chicago/Carol Stream area. This parade will be made up of various vehicles to include police, fire, muscle cars, exotic cars, local tow trucks, big rigs and more!

The route with approximate times is as follows:
1. Prairie Crossing neighborhood - 1:00 to 1:20
2. Timberlane neighborhood - 1:20 to 1:30
3. Iroquois neighborhood - 1:30 to 1:40
4. Birchbark neighborhood - 1:40 to 2:00
5. Rolling Oaks neighborhood - 2:00 to 2:20
6. Lies Road - 2:20 to 2:30
7. County Farm Road (between Lies and Rt. 64) - 2:30 to 2:40
8. North Avenue (between County Farm and Prince Crossing) - 2:40 to 2:50
9. Prince Cossing - 2:50 to 3:00
10. Persimmon neighborhood - 3:00 to 3:10
11. Rosewood neighborhood - 3:10 to 3:30

If anyone with a show vehicle as mentioned above that would like to participate in the "Cruise For The Kids" parade, please contact Lt. Brian Thompson at 630-327-2536 or at Brian.thompson@dupagesheriff.org. Please spread the word of this event and we look forward to seeing everyone on the parade route soon!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Cruise for the Kids   Cruise for the Kids I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2020, 8:02 pm

Anyone doing it, I'll bring the Regal out being the Hawk is with Jeremy
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Cruise for the Kids   Cruise for the Kids I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2020, 2:54 pm

I am not, I know they are expecting over 300 cars and it seems like it might be a bit of a cluster but I hope it goes well.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Cruise for the Kids   Cruise for the Kids I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2020, 11:05 am

I'm going
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Cruise for the Kids   Cruise for the Kids I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2020, 6:28 am

People are BIG MAD about this on Facebook. They saw all the people gathered and have now lost their minds. I will try to get some screen grabs.

Others that were in the parade have posted that it was a cluster and cars were doubling back on themselves and other things.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Cruise for the Kids   Cruise for the Kids I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2020, 9:24 am

Went, spent about a hour at the meeting spot. Probably 400-500 cars, didnt do the parade.
Heard a WK2 and Chally crashed leaving the lot to start the parade
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Cruise for the Kids   Cruise for the Kids I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2020, 10:34 am

Didn't hear that. Some politician posted that the McDonald's there locked their doors because they were worried about all the people and others posted they drove by and saw a ton of people standing around with no masks on and the police just let it happen.

Sigh. lol
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Cruise for the Kids   Cruise for the Kids I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2020, 12:32 pm

Heard the Sheriff got a bunch of shit for hosting it lol
Mc Donald’s doors were open the whole time. When parade started people were still in there getting food.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Cruise for the Kids   Cruise for the Kids I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2020, 10:48 am

Yup to both.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cruise for the Kids   Cruise for the Kids I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cruise for the Kids
Page 1 of 1