Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

15 Charger RT Build Thread

Go down 
+5
eviltrycycle
funkpolice
jontoad
A.W.
Shawn1112
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jamesv82
jamesv82

15 Charger RT Build Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 15 Charger RT Build Thread   15 Charger RT Build Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 5th 2016, 9:36 am

Looks great with that stance and rims. What size rims did you end up going with?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: 15 Charger RT Build Thread   15 Charger RT Build Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 5th 2016, 1:16 pm

22 X 9 and 22 X 11
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: 15 Charger RT Build Thread   15 Charger RT Build Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2016, 8:54 am

So I scored a KILLER deal on CL. I found some dude who just moved here from Utah selling a JL 10" W6 sub and a JL 600/1 amp. Got both for half of the cost of the sub, lmfao, and the shits only 5 months old, he bought it in November. He started at $600 for everything, and I knew he was desperate just by talking to him on the phone. Been here a month going to school at ITT and still hadnt found a job yet. So after some back and forth and basically telling him its $300 or nothing because thats all I had, and then me getting in to my car to leave, he caved in. I had no plans on doing this until mid summer and I was going to do a single 12" JL W3, all new door speakers and a 5 channel amp. From everything I have read this little 10" W6 out performs the 12" W3. I have enough spare wire and an LOC in my garage to install this. So my plan is to install it on Saturday, I will rip out the shitty Beats factory sub, tap in my LOC to the Beats sub wires. Build an amp rack and try to utilize the Beats sub mounts to mount the amp where the factory sub was. If that works out, I will then fabricate a cover out of masonite, wrap it in same carpet to match the trunk, and then install over the amp so it looks flush mounted. Will more than likely still swap out factory speakers and go with a 5 channel amp, but that wont be till mid summer or so. I know for a fact I can sell this JL amp for $200-$250

http://www.crutchfield.com/shopsearch/jl_audio_w6.html
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_13698604/JL-Audio-XD600-1v2.html
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: 15 Charger RT Build Thread   15 Charger RT Build Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2016, 9:50 am

Very nice!
Back to top Go down
Jeebus
CAMM Member
Jeebus

PostSubject: Re: 15 Charger RT Build Thread   15 Charger RT Build Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2016, 10:17 am

Love the wheels ! what brand are they ?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: 15 Charger RT Build Thread   15 Charger RT Build Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2016, 11:11 am

Jeebus wrote:
Love the wheels ! what brand are they ?
Rohana RC22, local company which is a bonus
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: 15 Charger RT Build Thread   15 Charger RT Build Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2016, 11:52 am

Damn nice pick up
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: 15 Charger RT Build Thread   15 Charger RT Build Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2016, 2:07 pm

So I knocked out the install of sub and amp yesterday, will post pics later. What a MUTHA FUCKING PITA! Took me 8 fucking hours, I could have installed a sub/amp in 2-3 cars with aftermarket head units in that amount of time. I decided to order a LC2 instead of using a piece of shit $15 LOC I had laying around. For those not familiar with a LOC it's a line out converter, you hook it up by tapping your factory speakers and that gives you your RCA's for the amp. Well as I said, I ordered a LC2 which is similar but a lot better and gives you more control. So figured this will be a piece of cake, I can tap in to the factory sub wires since I'm eliminating it, battery is in trunk, fuck easy 1 hour job, lmfao. So I just ran all wires loosely to test everything, once everything worked I would tighten everything up and build my amp rack and false wall. Well I had no sound coming from sub, double checked all my wiring, moved some shit around and still nothing. Had good power to both amp and LC2. Started looking up some shit on net figuring factory sub wires must not create a good enough signal. Couldn't find much as people have used those wires on other cars. So I pulled door panels off and went directly to the speaker wires, still no sound. I knew the fucking amp worked because I heard it prior to buying it. So for shits and giggles I threw another amp on it and still no sound. So back to Google, and phone calls to buddies, and mind you now I'm pounding beers one after another like they are water. Low and behold, found a post on LX from 2012 that said with an LC2 on a Mopar you have to tap in pre amp for a signal to LC2. Do you now how fucking hard it is to get to the factory amp on these fucking cars??? Finally got to the wire harness that goes in to the factory amp. Tapped the wires I needed, ran that wire to the LC2 in the trunk and what you know, got sound from amp/sub. Well now I'm 18 beers deep, didn't think using a saw and other power tools was a good idea to build my amp rack. So I ran all the wiring really nice, hid it all and just laid amp on the floor where factory sub sat. Will tackle the amp rack and false wall in the next few weeks. Sounds pretty good for a single 10" sub. I'm sure my neighbors agree as I had it playing really loud at 10pm last night trying to dial it all in.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: 15 Charger RT Build Thread   15 Charger RT Build Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2016, 2:10 pm

Oh yeah, if I decided to use the shitty $15 LOC I had laying around in the garage, I wouldn't have had those issues. Tapping the factory sub would have worked. But since I decided to do it the right way using a better LOC I fucked myself, lol
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: 15 Charger RT Build Thread   15 Charger RT Build Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2016, 7:47 pm

Haha looking forward to seeing and hearing it man!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 15 Charger RT Build Thread   15 Charger RT Build Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

15 Charger RT Build Thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2