Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Magnusson or Procharger????

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ChargerSRT
CAMM Pro
ChargerSRT

Magnusson or Procharger???? Empty
PostSubject: Magnusson or Procharger????   Magnusson or Procharger???? I_icon_minitimeDecember 25th 2014, 11:36 am

Ok I am going to be pulling the trigger on some boost but I am debating a Procharger or Magnusson. I will only be going as far as 6lbs but I would like to know if some of you have opinions on what to get.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Magnusson or Procharger????   Magnusson or Procharger???? I_icon_minitimeDecember 25th 2014, 11:57 am

If I was buying new I would go with the Magnusson for the almost factory look. At 6lbs I'm pretty sure they are very comparable performance wise. Have you thought about going the turbo route? I know a local company who has built turbos for jeeps with success and is now building turbos for LX's
Back to top Go down
ChargerSRT
CAMM Pro
ChargerSRT

PostSubject: Re: Magnusson or Procharger????   Magnusson or Procharger???? I_icon_minitimeDecember 25th 2014, 12:05 pm

Yeah I have thought about the turbo (actually twin) but I am not a fan of them being outside of and under the car by the rear bumper.
Now that I will be adding a meth kit too I wonder if I could go to 7lbs safely?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Magnusson or Procharger????   Magnusson or Procharger???? I_icon_minitimeDecember 25th 2014, 12:43 pm

Would be a single front mount. No need for twins. Let me see if I can get a pic of a Chally they are doing rite now
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Magnusson or Procharger????   Magnusson or Procharger???? I_icon_minitimeDecember 25th 2014, 2:08 pm

Magnusson is a roots style which will give you full boost right away. a pro charger is centrifugal so you will build boost with rpm's. roots have better low end power due to instant boost, but that really just means more tire spin on our cars for the most part.

roots will also get worse gas mileage if you care about that sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Magnusson or Procharger????   Magnusson or Procharger???? I_icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2014, 10:40 am

Contact Tim Barth. He can fabricate all of the duct work for TT, and save you some coin. No need to buy a kit that some places are selling now. He does Mopar race car builds for a living; and street cars.
Back to top Go down
ChargerSRT
CAMM Pro
ChargerSRT

PostSubject: Re: Magnusson or Procharger????   Magnusson or Procharger???? I_icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2014, 11:10 am

jontoad wrote:
Magnusson is a roots style which will give you full boost right away. a pro charger is centrifugal so you will  build boost with rpm's. roots have better low end power due to instant boost, but that really just means more tire spin on our cars for the most part.

Good point Jon.

Tom does he pictures of a finished product? Shawn is trying to get pics of a single but I just can't picture how that will fit under the hood.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Magnusson or Procharger????   Magnusson or Procharger???? I_icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2014, 4:01 pm

ChargerSRT wrote:
jontoad wrote:
Magnusson is a roots style which will give you full boost right away. a pro charger is centrifugal so you will  build boost with rpm's. roots have better low end power due to instant boost, but that really just means more tire spin on our cars for the most part.

Good point Jon.

Tom does he pictures of a finished product? Shawn is trying to get pics of a single but I just can't picture how that will fit under the hood.

Tim? Pics? lol Just kidding he might if he was doing a job for someone. I was out there to see him on the 26th and I asked him your question and he said procharger for the street. I have a few pics on my phone of one he is doing now when it was almost finished. His work is the best I've ever seen, including mine, and I welded for 5 years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magnusson or Procharger????   Magnusson or Procharger???? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Magnusson or Procharger????
Page 1 of 1