Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jeep sold, on to the next one!

Go down 
+6
jontoad
funkpolice
HiPwr
GSB06SRT
MsScarlett
Shawn1112
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Jeep sold, on to the next one!  Empty
PostSubject: Jeep sold, on to the next one!     Jeep sold, on to the next one!  I_icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2014, 12:58 pm

Sold my Jeep yesterday to a 19 year old kid from Oklahoma. Met him in St Louis and I flew back, but not without it being an eventful day. 2 hours in to my 5 hour drive I shredded my belt, not sure how or why, had cruise set at 75mph for those 2 hours, so wasnt beating on it. I brought my little bag I always carried with me in the Jeep, which has a socket set, 2 belts, and the stock tensioner. So I pulled over and threw another belt on it only took about 30 minutes and I got a nice 3" gash on my palm from my hand slipping and running it across the end of a clamp. First time I ever shredded a belt with the Pro Charger, but they are known for it, thats why I always carried that bag with me. So made it to St Louis met this kid and his brother in law, called his bank to verify cashiers check was in fact good ( I also did that on Friday) and I called corporate not a number he gave me or even the number listed on the check for that matter. Kid has no fucking idea what he bought, not a fucking clue. Took him for a ride before letting him drive it, he drove it and I could tell it was way too much truck for him. I started explaining maintenance and other shit, tried telling him to drive it normally for a few weeks and gradually start beating on it so he could learn the characteristics of the truck and how it reacts from a dig, a roll, or at certain speeds, basic do's and donts. All he wanted to talk about was street racing and whats the best way to launch it on the street. So my guess is he will wreck it or blow it up in within 6 months. They trailered it back to Oklahoma which was probably a good thing, lol. After that my plane was delayed 6 fucking times and I had to sit in that shit hole airport almost 5 hours, could have rented a car and been home sooner. So its bittersweet to see it go, but I now have a nice fucking chunk of change to put down on a 13 or 14. I found a 14 local that already has a Corsa exhaust, Hennesy CAI and the upgraded Harmon Kardon 19 speaker system in it from the factory. Hoping cashiers check clears by Tues so I can go look at that 14.
Back to top Go down
MsScarlett
MsScarlett

PostSubject: Re: Jeep sold, on to the next one!     Jeep sold, on to the next one!  I_icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2014, 1:34 pm

Congrats on the sale! I'm sure it was hard to watch the Jeep pull away and hopefully, that kid will respect the vehicle and not kill himself. Looking forward to seeing what your next venture will be and what you do with it. Smile
Back to top Go down
GSB06SRT
CAMM Pro
GSB06SRT

PostSubject: Re: Jeep sold, on to the next one!     Jeep sold, on to the next one!  I_icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2014, 1:44 pm

Congrats and that's the best way to sell them to someone far away cause then you don't have to worry about seeing it again all beat up.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Jeep sold, on to the next one!     Jeep sold, on to the next one!  I_icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2014, 2:52 pm

Last time I was in the St. Louis airport, it was a shit-hole. And the people working there all seemed to have "attitudes."
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Jeep sold, on to the next one!     Jeep sold, on to the next one!  I_icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2014, 4:25 pm

St Louis does suck. I went there for a Ronnie James Dio concert about 15 years ago.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Jeep sold, on to the next one!     Jeep sold, on to the next one!  I_icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2014, 4:31 pm

how long till you supercharge the next one?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Jeep sold, on to the next one!     Jeep sold, on to the next one!  I_icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2014, 4:54 pm

jontoad wrote:
how long till you supercharge the next one?
lol, if I go forced induction on this one it will be a turbo. Yes I know all about the pistons being the weak point, even weaker than the 6.1. But they will hold 6lbs on a conservative tune. There is two local 2014's running turbos already. So I'm going to watch them and how they hold up next season before making that decision. Supposedly SHR is going to have a built 8 speed available really soon and one of those 14's will be putting it in. So to answer your question if I do it will be next year. Who knows, I might just throw some rims on it, lower it and do some minor cosmetic shit and call it a day.
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: Jeep sold, on to the next one!     Jeep sold, on to the next one!  I_icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2014, 5:13 pm

Congrats on selling the jeep.

Haha he said rims, lower it and cosmetic only hahaha now that funny shit right there.
Back to top Go down
chaynick
CAMM Member
chaynick

PostSubject: Re: Jeep sold, on to the next one!     Jeep sold, on to the next one!  I_icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2014, 5:41 pm

Congrats man! Can't wait to see what you get.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Jeep sold, on to the next one!     Jeep sold, on to the next one!  I_icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2014, 5:44 pm

jamesv82 wrote:
Congrats on selling the jeep.

Haha he said rims, lower it and cosmetic only hahaha now that funny shit right there.
I'm serious, when I bought my Charger in 06 I said I was putting rims, grill, and minor sounds. I kept my word, lol.

Funny story here
My best friend works for the county, county guys are like city guys when it comes to work. His first words were so whats the plans for the new ride.
Told him, just rims, lower it, and some minor cosmetic shit.
His response, "ya and I'm going to work my ass off at work this week"
Back to top Go down
Blackbird
CAMM Member
Blackbird

PostSubject: Re: Jeep sold, on to the next one!     Jeep sold, on to the next one!  I_icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2014, 11:15 pm

Congrats on the sale. I'll be looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
Back to top Go down
Tom C
CAMM Pro
Tom C

PostSubject: Re: Jeep sold, on to the next one!     Jeep sold, on to the next one!  I_icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2014, 2:41 pm

I hate the St Louis airport. Although they do have a bar with Stella on tap so it's slightly bearable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jeep sold, on to the next one!     Jeep sold, on to the next one!  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jeep sold, on to the next one!
Page 1 of 1