Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Viper Wheels I sold broke!!!!

Go down 
+8
HemiMag
Moparcharger07
Okie6.1
Shawn1112
jontoad
liljoejoe54
eviltrycycle
Illinois Chaos
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Viper Wheels I sold broke!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Viper Wheels I sold broke!!!!   Viper Wheels I sold broke!!!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2010, 7:08 pm

I just got a PM from the guy I sold my wheels to and he said the back wheels broke. WTF? He said 3 of the lug nuts went right through the sleeves and the wheels were wobbling. He isn't blaming me for it, but wtf? How in hell could that happen? His shop said that they thought it looked like they had been re-sleeved. Now I feel like shit! I never had any trouble with them. I asked him if he re-torqued them after a few miles and if he used the 3" gorilla nuts. I'm waiting for a reply. It was weird anyway. This is the first time I never got a reply or feedback from something I sold. He was completely spamming me the whole time they were being sold and shipped and then nothing after that. WTF should I do now? He isn't asking for a refund, but I kinda feel like an ass!

Last edited by Illinois Chaos on November 30th 2010, 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Viper Wheels I sold broke!!!!   Viper Wheels I sold broke!!!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2010, 7:32 pm

Dang Tom that sucks.

Honestly I would wait to see if he comes at you asking for anything. You are a good person for wanting to make it right but how long were the rims on his car? And you never know what he did to them after he got them. Not saying he did anything to them but you never know.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Viper Wheels I sold broke!!!!   Viper Wheels I sold broke!!!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2010, 7:44 pm

He couldof used some really cheap lugs or not tightened enough and beat the fuck out of them. I agree with Crystal, dont do anything till he asks and then evaluate it from there.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Viper Wheels I sold broke!!!!   Viper Wheels I sold broke!!!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2010, 8:03 pm

like i told you in pm nothing was wrong with them when we put them on your car originally. i don't remember seeing any sleeves on them either. (no reason they would have sleeves anyways as viper wheels don't come with them and i don't think there were any lug hole problems before you sent them to be straightened way back when.

sounds like he didn't get them on tight and the lug holes wallowed out pulling the nuts through. honestly it sounds like installer error to me.

think about how many times you had them on and off with no problems. you had to do all that suspension work...

Last edited by jontoad on November 30th 2010, 8:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Viper Wheels I sold broke!!!!   Viper Wheels I sold broke!!!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2010, 8:04 pm

I say he is full of shit! If you didnt have any problems when you took them off, then you should know better. Tell him to fuck off and have a nice day. Too many fucking scam artists around these days.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Viper Wheels I sold broke!!!!   Viper Wheels I sold broke!!!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2010, 8:33 pm

Yeah, I think he just fucked up and forgot to recheck them. He told me that it was his brother that had his car when it happened. He was probably pulling a bunch of hole shots and beating the shit out of the car and all on loose lug nuts.
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: Viper Wheels I sold broke!!!!   Viper Wheels I sold broke!!!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2010, 9:13 pm

I agree sounds like owner/installer error if i was him my brother would be fixing the wheels.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Viper Wheels I sold broke!!!!   Viper Wheels I sold broke!!!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2010, 9:20 pm

Those rims weren't re-sleeved man. The company that straightened them would have told me when I sent them out, as well as the powder coat guy would have saw that when the wheels were getting stripped ya know man??

INSTALLER ERROR!! Don't fret it bro, has nothing to do with you...
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Viper Wheels I sold broke!!!!   Viper Wheels I sold broke!!!! I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2010, 12:37 am

I would have to agree as well. I'm sure they weren't torqued properly
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Viper Wheels I sold broke!!!!   Viper Wheels I sold broke!!!! I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2010, 5:58 am

I feel better, now Smile Thanks
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Viper Wheels I sold broke!!!!   Viper Wheels I sold broke!!!! I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2010, 10:45 am

Here is the reply from Eric (the guy I sold them to)

Honestly, I originally thought it was install error as well, but then the shop had me come down and check out the wheels. They showed me the sleeves that were damaged. Several of them were just disintegrated, while several others were starting to come out. Then they showed me the front wheels and showed me how they did not have sleeves. You could totally tell the difference. Again, I am not blaming you for this and do not feel like you were trying to cheat me. But as far as my untrained eye could tell, they were definitely resleeved. I'll see if the shop still has them and get some pics if they did. They swear they torqued them down too. The guy that put them on is the guy that put my 426 stroker motor in and he said he had torqued them to over 100 ft-lbs. (don't remember the exact number)[/QUOTE]
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Viper Wheels I sold broke!!!!   Viper Wheels I sold broke!!!! I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2010, 12:23 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Here is the reply from Eric (the guy I sold them to)

Honestly, I originally thought it was install error as well, but then the shop had me come down and check out the wheels. They showed me the sleeves that were damaged. Several of them were just disintegrated, while several others were starting to come out. Then they showed me the front wheels and showed me how they did not have sleeves. You could totally tell the difference. Again, I am not blaming you for this and do not feel like you were trying to cheat me. But as far as my untrained eye could tell, they were definitely resleeved. I'll see if the shop still has them and get some pics if they did. They swear they torqued them down too. The guy that put them on is the guy that put my 426 stroker motor in and he said he had torqued them to over 100 ft-lbs. (don't remember the exact number)
[/quote]

100ft lbs sounds high to me. I think I remember that they are supposed to be somewhere in the 60lb range but I could be wrong. If thats the case, then maybe he over torqued the shit out of them and damaged the sleeves causing the failure. Either way, I still dont think you have to do anything to right the situation especially since he says he doesnt blame you.
Back to top Go down
northsiderz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Viper Wheels I sold broke!!!!   Viper Wheels I sold broke!!!! I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2010, 2:06 pm

WOW!! Tom, you are far too nice of a guy but I know where you are coming from. Don't blame yourself. I would wait on pics of the wheels so you can see for yourself what happened. But like Shawn said...too many scammers out there. Some will get all upset and yell and scream....and others will take the nice guy approach. Be cautious and wait it out. Your reputation is solid Smile

On another note, what does resleeving even mean? Sorry, but I had to ask. I also want to make sure there is nothing wrong w/ my factory repro wheels.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Viper Wheels I sold broke!!!!   Viper Wheels I sold broke!!!! I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2010, 2:31 pm

90 ft lbs is what they should be torqued to i believe, it could just as easily be 110 though...

after a quick search it is 100
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Viper Wheels I sold broke!!!!   Viper Wheels I sold broke!!!! I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2010, 9:16 pm

Yup from dealer 110tq
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Viper Wheels I sold broke!!!!   Viper Wheels I sold broke!!!! I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2010, 9:20 pm

110 in a star pattern then a circle.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Viper Wheels I sold broke!!!!   Viper Wheels I sold broke!!!! I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2010, 10:07 pm

Sounds like they were o er torqued
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Viper Wheels I sold broke!!!!   Viper Wheels I sold broke!!!! I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2010, 11:10 pm

inkedup wrote:

na, under torqued. they had to have play when moving to destroy themselves in the seats like that.
Back to top Go down
The Black Stig
Supporting Vendor
The Black Stig

PostSubject: Re: Viper Wheels I sold broke!!!!   Viper Wheels I sold broke!!!! I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2010, 1:37 am

jontoad wrote:
inkedup wrote:

na, under torqued. they had to have play when moving to destroy themselves in the seats like that.

Thats if they were Torqued.... Probly zipped them on with a fucking impact....

I would have to see theses pics.... I mean srsly even if not tq how often do rims get that fucked up... I call BS and Shenanigans. Not to mention wtf fucks up putting rims and tires on?? i mean thats the first fucking thing you learn in auto.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Viper Wheels I sold broke!!!!   Viper Wheels I sold broke!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Viper Wheels I sold broke!!!!
Page 1 of 1