Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Exhaust Cut out

Go down 
+2
Shawn1112
Greyghost9
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Greyghost9
CAMM Member
Greyghost9

Exhaust Cut out Empty
PostSubject: Exhaust Cut out   Exhaust Cut out I_icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2014, 11:11 am

I got a 5.7 and I am thinking about putting exhaust cut outs on. My brother put a pair on his Trans Am and they sound awesome, not one to be outdone its time for me to look into getting a set. Has anyone put them on a 5.7 or similar, how was the job, or if you can think of any risks that I may not have thought of besides sounding too awesome, let me know.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Exhaust Cut out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Cut out   Exhaust Cut out I_icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2014, 12:06 pm

Definitely need a muffler shop to install them.

Make sure if you do drive it in the winter that you install the block off plates prior to winter driving.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Exhaust Cut out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Cut out   Exhaust Cut out I_icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2014, 4:06 pm

Just run a set of turn downs right out of the collectors and blow your brother away!  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

Exhaust Cut out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Cut out   Exhaust Cut out I_icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2014, 4:38 pm

jackie (AlterEgo) has them on her daytona.... they are awesome!
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

Exhaust Cut out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Cut out   Exhaust Cut out I_icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2014, 11:14 pm

I have DMH Low Profile ones. I LOVE THEM! Put my switch by my ashtray.....

This is my second pair. The first ones .... one of them seized up and wasn't able to open it. Just be careful if you drive it everyday.
Back to top Go down
Greyghost9
CAMM Member
Greyghost9

Exhaust Cut out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Cut out   Exhaust Cut out I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 10:33 am

Thanks guys, the car is an everyday driver but I wouldn't run around town with them open maybe just here and there to blow away the little ricers in the area.

Where have you gotten them from, I want a good set but I'm not looking to spend an arm and a leg. I got a little extra money after my wedding so I am looking to do maybe these cut outs and swap the muffler for a flowmaster for everyday sound and hp upgrades.
Back to top Go down
ekaz
CAMM Member

Exhaust Cut out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Cut out   Exhaust Cut out I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 11:13 am

I had QTP cutouts on my Jeep and work well but I think a set of low profile ones would be a better choice. As for where to get them from, I've gotten mine from Summit but you can check Amazon or ebay as well.
I second the recommendation to throw the block-off plates on during the winter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Exhaust Cut out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Cut out   Exhaust Cut out I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exhaust Cut out
Page 1 of 1