Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Getting a tune from Tim

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ChuckECM
CAMM Rookie
ChuckECM

Getting a tune from Tim Empty
PostSubject: Getting a tune from Tim   Getting a tune from Tim I_icon_minitimeMay 19th 2014, 6:26 pm

Finally got my car back together and off to Tim at mph.

I had Tim do a custom tune for me last year when I installed a KB 2.8 with a 9lb pulley. I have a 2009 Challenger RT Auto. He pushed out 450 RWHP.

This year I added OS Giken LSD

And when talking with Tim while tuning for the KB he suggested my nexst mod should be a 6.4 cam. Well I added this, PWR Ported heads w/ a valve job, Non MDS Lifters, Forged Pushrods, 80lb Fuel Injectors, API Fuel pump, ARH Longtubes and high flo cats.

I'm new to the mod thing, but have a lot of help. We messed up a pushrod when installing and the car would not start, or I guess start, run like crap, and then stop. I had to take it all apart again. Found a pushrod not pointed at a lifter. Fixed put back together and it started right up. I did also have a problem installing the 80 lb fuel injectors on the KB 2.8. Because the new injectors were 1/2 inch taller then the 50's I needed to shimmy the rails. When I shimmed the rails, they were too tall to fit under the SC!!!! So, I had to grind a bit off the SC intake between the TB and the SC. Thennn I had an Oil leak on the passenger side head cover gasket. That Head cover is one PITA to get on. So I had my problems. Missed my appointment with Tim on the 6th of May!

We'll finally got it running on a basic tune to get it over to Tim. He said he'd fit it in this week (hopefully).

Can't wait to see his magic done on this! I'm thinking 575+ rwhp. Hope my axles hold up!

Back to top Go down

Getting a tune from Tim
Page 1 of 1