Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Killer Glass or other options

Go down 
+5
funkpolice
Illinois Chaos
Shawn1112
eviltrycycle
WideSpicy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
WideSpicy
CAMM Pro
WideSpicy

Killer Glass or other options Empty
PostSubject: Killer Glass or other options   Killer Glass or other options I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2014, 8:28 am

Was looking at Killer Glass, has anyone had any issues with it. I've heard in the past there were issues with the glass cracking and such. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My other option I just found online and not sure but looks pretty cool, but again, no LED lighting up the hose either.

http://jmbperformance.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=395
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Killer Glass or other options   Killer Glass or other options I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2014, 8:42 am

Jackie had one on the Mango and the dealership tried to tell her it was the reason she went through two radiators. Hopefully she can chime in with more details.
Back to top Go down
WideSpicy
CAMM Pro
WideSpicy

PostSubject: Re: Killer Glass or other options   Killer Glass or other options I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2014, 8:44 am

i was leaning towards the steel hose option as its a piece you dont see everyday. I heard some KG had issues but then alot of people love it too. CHIME AWAY!!! lol
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Killer Glass or other options   Killer Glass or other options I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2014, 12:06 pm

Pretty sure Jackie is the only person I can recall using KG.
Back to top Go down
WideSpicy
CAMM Pro
WideSpicy

PostSubject: Re: Killer Glass or other options   Killer Glass or other options I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2014, 12:49 pm

I know Tom(Fido) had issues in the beginning but not since.....for the same price bascially I do like the painted stainless hose, but anytime I can add an LED its always a good time
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Killer Glass or other options   Killer Glass or other options I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2014, 3:25 pm

Seems to me a radiator hose isn't bling. I dunno.
Back to top Go down
WideSpicy
CAMM Pro
WideSpicy

PostSubject: Re: Killer Glass or other options   Killer Glass or other options I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2014, 4:26 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:

Bling? just trying to make the engine bay look nice with the new motor.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Killer Glass or other options   Killer Glass or other options I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2014, 4:52 pm

I have a killer glass hose, but only for a couple months now. No issues other than it took 5 weeks to get the air bubble out. I can't see how a pc of pyrex vx. rubber is going to blow a radiator. I haven't hooked up any lights yet, but I like the way it looks. I requested one without the logo etched on it and they didn't have a problem with that.

bill
Back to top Go down
WideSpicy
CAMM Pro
WideSpicy

PostSubject: Re: Killer Glass or other options   Killer Glass or other options I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2014, 7:42 am

Funk, how much of the actual tubing is glass. I know the rubber ends are big on them
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Killer Glass or other options   Killer Glass or other options I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2014, 12:09 pm

IIRC, about 6"-8". Its not much
Back to top Go down
WideSpicy
CAMM Pro
WideSpicy

PostSubject: Re: Killer Glass or other options   Killer Glass or other options I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2014, 12:55 pm

kinda what I thought, I think the stainless piece colormatched will pop more, and saly there not many night shows anymore to use the LEDs
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Killer Glass or other options   Killer Glass or other options I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2014, 5:50 pm

like shawn said, about 8". I'll snap a picture tomorrow. there is about 3" of rubber going to the water neck, then it's glass until after the downward bend. I died my coolant red, and even without the leds it looks pretty good. Since my car got smashed, and I lost the engine splash shield, my engine bay is DIRTY. tore up.

bill
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Killer Glass or other options   Killer Glass or other options I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2014, 6:28 pm

Speaking of how you dyed the you're coolant Bill, got me thinking....

Spicy, you should, If you havent already, flush out the system and convert it to green coolant, it would look cool and flow with you're color scheme you got on you're car
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Killer Glass or other options   Killer Glass or other options I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2014, 7:13 pm

I've seen pictures of the green coolant with green leds, it looks like radioactive ooze from a cartoon.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Killer Glass or other options   Killer Glass or other options I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2014, 10:48 pm

i agree with what Adam said... with your green scheme... the green coolant killer glass would look pretty sweet...
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Killer Glass or other options   Killer Glass or other options I_icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2014, 1:02 pm

I loved my killer glass. It looks cool and I really don't think it was the reason that my radiator got messed up.

I have one for sale if you are interested. I have both the top and bottom tubes.

and IL Chaos.....it IS 'bling'  Tom 
Back to top Go down
WideSpicy
CAMM Pro
WideSpicy

PostSubject: Re: Killer Glass or other options   Killer Glass or other options I_icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2014, 1:51 pm

yeah hard to believe a hose can blow a radiator. Jackie, is the tube clear? then I just have to light it up with a green LED?
Back to top Go down
WideSpicy
CAMM Pro
WideSpicy

PostSubject: Re: Killer Glass or other options   Killer Glass or other options I_icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2014, 2:15 pm

Moparcharger07 wrote:
Speaking of how you dyed the you're coolant Bill, got me thinking....

Spicy, you should, If you havent already, flush out the system and convert it to green coolant, it would look cool and flow with you're color scheme you got on you're car

The coolant is green currently. When we put the new drivetrain and radiator in he ran all new fluids. Getting a new coolant tank delivered within the next week or so too as the one i had on there started to paint chip. With all the new BT goodies and having to change out the water neck too, figured I would do the hoses as well.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Killer Glass or other options   Killer Glass or other options I_icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2014, 6:35 pm

Killer Glass or other options IMG_2298_zps3868aa70
Back to top Go down
GSB06SRT
CAMM Pro
GSB06SRT

PostSubject: Re: Killer Glass or other options   Killer Glass or other options I_icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2014, 8:06 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:

^ what he said, not my cup o tea but to each ...
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Killer Glass or other options   Killer Glass or other options I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2014, 7:40 am

WideSpicy wrote:
yeah hard to believe a hose can blow a radiator.   Jackie, is the tube clear?   then I just have to light it up with a green LED?

Yep. Both the top and bottom are glass...clear. Right now I have an orange LED but that is easily changed out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Killer Glass or other options   Killer Glass or other options I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Killer Glass or other options
Page 1 of 1