Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Killer Glass

Go down 
+7
Mad Hatter
Hoodie
Shawn1112
Dalegit1
Admin
liljoejoe54
ChiTownHemi
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

Killer Glass Empty
PostSubject: Killer Glass   Killer Glass I_icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2009, 9:52 pm

I am thinking of going killer glass instead of braided. Anyone have or know of any issues with these? I know Alter Ego has one and I think has had good luck with it. Just trying to do a little research before I dive in...
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

Killer Glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killer Glass   Killer Glass I_icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2009, 10:03 pm

I heard they are very durable but they take a long time to get and the customer service isnt that great. Im just going by what I heard, it doesnt make it true.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

Killer Glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killer Glass   Killer Glass I_icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2009, 10:33 pm

I'm not a big fan of this over priced mod..
Back to top Go down
Dalegit1
CAMM Pro
Dalegit1

Killer Glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killer Glass   Killer Glass I_icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2009, 10:49 pm

I'd like to see what "killer glass" has to offer. I'd like to see it in person.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Killer Glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killer Glass   Killer Glass I_icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2009, 6:45 am

elcobra44 wrote:
I'm not a big fan of this over priced mod..
X2..................
Back to top Go down
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

Killer Glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killer Glass   Killer Glass I_icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2009, 11:59 am

It is a bit overpriced.. But looks damn good to me..

I've also heard the customer service isn't that great and it takes a bit of time, especially if you want something custom on the tube instead of it saying killerglass..
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

Killer Glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killer Glass   Killer Glass I_icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2009, 3:17 pm

Yeah... I do agree it is overpriced but I do think it shows well. It's definitely an attention grabber at the shows. I'm more concerned with durability but so far, I've heard good things on that end.
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

Killer Glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killer Glass   Killer Glass I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2009, 10:05 pm

Yeah, I wanted to win the GC for this at Galesburg Real Bad!
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

Killer Glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killer Glass   Killer Glass I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2009, 9:27 pm

The glass is ultra durable it wont break and the shrink wrap fittings hold up great. I was sceptical about those at first but they do just fine. I like this mod for cruise nights great attention grabber. Little pricey well maybe but they give you 2 tubes one curved and one straight thats supposed to go on the lower hose lol no one will ever see it. But I gage mine to Adam to use n his 3.5 which looks like it will fit perfectly on that hose. So just find a friend with a 3.5 and split the cost Smile
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

Killer Glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killer Glass   Killer Glass I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2009, 9:25 am

Yeah, I'm thinking of installing it pretty soon. Just haven't had any time. I will DEFINATLEY post picks when it's installed!!! I DO have a quick question though if anybody knows. I drive my car year round, SO in the winter when it gets real cold out, do any of you think it will cause a problem?? You know, being mega cold then after start up, and the hot coolant going through it.......
Back to top Go down
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

Killer Glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killer Glass   Killer Glass I_icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2009, 5:14 pm

I don't think it should be a problem.. They've been around for a few years now so they should have it down..

Anyone know if they have any kind of warranty?
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

Killer Glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killer Glass   Killer Glass I_icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2009, 11:12 pm

Moparcharger06 wrote:
Yeah, I'm thinking of installing it pretty soon. Just haven't had any time. I will DEFINATLEY post picks when it's installed!!! I DO have a quick question though if anybody knows. I drive my car year round, SO in the winter when it gets real cold out, do any of you think it will cause a problem?? You know, being mega cold then after start up, and the hot coolant going through it.......
With the engine on it would warm up the glass up gradually before the thermostat opens up. You are good to go bro.
Back to top Go down
TALON
CAMM Member
TALON

Killer Glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killer Glass   Killer Glass I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2009, 11:43 pm

I installed my Killer Glass 1 1/2 years ago, and haven't had any problems!!!

Go for it, one of my favorite mods.

Killer Glass IMG_4557

Ken
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

Killer Glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killer Glass   Killer Glass I_icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2009, 12:04 am

Thanks Ken. I'm thinkin' that's the next one on the list.
Back to top Go down
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

Killer Glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killer Glass   Killer Glass I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2009, 4:23 am

TALON wrote:
I installed my Killer Glass 1 1/2 years ago, and haven't had any problems!!!

Go for it, one of my favorite mods.

Killer Glass IMG_4557

Ken

Thanks for chiming in on the reliability of it Ken..
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

Killer Glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killer Glass   Killer Glass I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2009, 8:23 am

Screw the glass, get Ken's supercharger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Killer Glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killer Glass   Killer Glass I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Killer Glass
Page 1 of 1