Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Killer glass install...

Go down 
+7
Pomps
VIKES4093
Moparcharger07
firestartr420
inkedup
Shawn1112
Fidostudio
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Fidostudio
CAMM Pro
Fidostudio

Killer glass install... Empty
PostSubject: Killer glass install...   Killer glass install... I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2010, 2:24 pm

Anyone feel like helping me install my Killer Glass hose. I can probably do it but would rather have someone around that knows more about cars than me. That way if it's screwed up I have someone else to blame Smile
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Killer glass install...   Killer glass install... I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2010, 3:42 pm

Fidostudio wrote:
Anyone feel like helping me install my Killer Glass hose. I can probably do it but would rather have someone around that knows more about cars than me. That way if it's screwed up I have someone else to blame Smile
The only people I know who have done this is Vic and I think Adam.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Killer glass install...   Killer glass install... I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2010, 3:53 pm

what is this????????????????
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Killer glass install...   Killer glass install... I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2010, 3:59 pm

inkedup wrote:
what is this????????????????
Secret!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fidostudio
CAMM Pro
Fidostudio

PostSubject: Re: Killer glass install...   Killer glass install... I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2010, 4:00 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLffjbkVgcA
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Killer glass install...   Killer glass install... I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2010, 4:19 pm

Tom, i can give you a hand with it... you wanted to use my heat gun too as well right? send me a pm and ill give ya my number.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Killer glass install...   Killer glass install... I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2010, 8:04 pm

I never did it, I went with the braided hoses instead, I can help too if ya want man. I still have Vic's piece, if he wants it back. I like the braided hoses a little more, and I TRIED to use it, bought a new hoses, cut it, and went to install it, but the glass is just a little too big for the 3.5 hose. So I said "F" it
Back to top Go down
Fidostudio
CAMM Pro
Fidostudio

PostSubject: Re: Killer glass install...   Killer glass install... I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2010, 10:58 pm

Think I did it!!! Had a big leak problem first time out but reshrunk the tubing and then let it run so the heat of the engine shrank them more. Seems good to go now!! YAY ME cheers

Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Killer glass install...   Killer glass install... I_icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2010, 12:18 am

thats bad ass Tom!!! Way to go!!! but why didnt you go with a blue LED?? or does the light just depend on the coolant color?
Back to top Go down
Fidostudio
CAMM Pro
Fidostudio

PostSubject: Re: Killer glass install...   Killer glass install... I_icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2010, 1:08 am

Yup and kinda like the contrast...red kryptonite makes superman a badass...that's a fact and I'm running with it...

Back to top Go down
VIKES4093
CAMM Pro
VIKES4093

PostSubject: Re: Killer glass install...   Killer glass install... I_icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2010, 7:57 am

very cool...you got great ideas
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Killer glass install...   Killer glass install... I_icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2010, 9:57 am

so you've got Blue Kryptonite for immunity to Green Kryptonite, and now a little Red Kryptonite to make it more of a badass.... maybe now you can bring your drag times down into the upper 15's. hahah
Back to top Go down
Pomps
CAMM Pro
Pomps

PostSubject: Re: Killer glass install...   Killer glass install... I_icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2010, 10:04 am

Tom, looks great. Congrats man!
Back to top Go down
Fidostudio
CAMM Pro
Fidostudio

PostSubject: Re: Killer glass install...   Killer glass install... I_icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2010, 10:55 am

firestartr420 wrote:
so you've got Blue Kryptonite for immunity to Green Kryptonite, and now a little Red Kryptonite to make it more of a badass.... maybe now you can bring your drag times down into the upper 15's. hahah

She's much prettier than she is fast...gonna have to go with that...

Added amps and a dual sub box in the trunk too. Too much weight for draggin...

Killer glass install... 73054_445577287964_637492964_5490873_696361_n
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Killer glass install...   Killer glass install... I_icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2010, 11:21 am

look's great.i can't wait to get some extra money so can start modding again
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Killer glass install...   Killer glass install... I_icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 12:51 pm

Looks great make sure you burp it! air in the system kinda sucks for temps. If you still need anything just give me a call.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Killer glass install...   Killer glass install... I_icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 6:55 pm

Headtripp wrote:
Looks great make sure you burp it! air in the system kinda sucks for temps. If you still need anything just give me a call.

if he added enough to the resevoir, air shouldnt become an issue... the tank should do that for him... I miss the radiators with the cap right there...
Back to top Go down
Fidostudio
CAMM Pro
Fidostudio

PostSubject: Re: Killer glass install...   Killer glass install... I_icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 7:28 pm

Seems to be OK...Don't know how to burp it???
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Killer glass install...   Killer glass install... I_icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2010, 12:25 am

the way i would purge the air out would be, when the engine is cold... make sure the resevoir is filled to the cold fill line, open the cap on the resevoir, start the engine, turn the heat on full blast, and just run it for maybe 15-20 min at tempature.... thats how i do it on the older cars, not sure if it would work the same way on ours though..
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Killer glass install...   Killer glass install... I_icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2010, 8:55 pm

Looks good Tom, can't wait to see it in person.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Killer glass install...   Killer glass install... I_icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2010, 11:00 pm

Love the new mods!!!
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Killer glass install...   Killer glass install... I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2010, 12:36 pm

Very nice!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Killer glass install...   Killer glass install... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Killer glass install...
Page 1 of 1