Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Intake Development On The 3.6L Pentastar V6

Go down 
+4
eviltrycycle
Yuro
jesse031081
johnr2c
8 posters
AuthorMessage
johnr2c
CAMM Rookie
johnr2c

Intake Development On The 3.6L Pentastar V6 Empty
PostSubject: Intake Development On The 3.6L Pentastar V6   Intake Development On The 3.6L Pentastar V6 I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2013, 8:05 am

My company is interested in developing an new SRI for the Challenger 3.6L Pentastar. We have a system currently out for the older 3.5L vehicles and have recently been receiving requests for the 3.6.

I am looking for someone in the Chicagoland area who owns a current Challenger V6 who would be willing to bring their vehicle in to help develop the new intake setup for the 3.6L Pentastar V6. We are located out of Vernon Hills, Illinois and are requesting that you would be able to make it three to four times into the office for a initial 3D engine image, prototype fit-up, and final production model fitting along with pictures to be posted as the sales examples.

The vehicle will be compensated with a free intake once completed.

If you are interested you can reach me though PM, or email at either jglass@r2cperformance.com during the week, or at johnr2c@gmail.com on weekends.

We are still looking for a Charger SRT8 and 300 SRT8 with the 6.4L 392 to double check a universal fitment with our current Challenger 392 intake that is in development.
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: Intake Development On The 3.6L Pentastar V6   Intake Development On The 3.6L Pentastar V6 I_icon_minitimeJune 18th 2013, 8:34 pm

Ms. Scarlett! They used my challenger for the 5.7 build, it was a good experience. Just watch out for Ed.
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

PostSubject: Re: Intake Development On The 3.6L Pentastar V6   Intake Development On The 3.6L Pentastar V6 I_icon_minitimeJune 18th 2013, 8:49 pm

My post was deleted? Oh it was merged...?
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Intake Development On The 3.6L Pentastar V6   Intake Development On The 3.6L Pentastar V6 I_icon_minitimeJune 18th 2013, 9:06 pm

Deleted. He did just fine posting this a few days ago. No need for a repost yet.
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

PostSubject: Re: Intake Development On The 3.6L Pentastar V6   Intake Development On The 3.6L Pentastar V6 I_icon_minitimeJune 18th 2013, 9:17 pm

I thought i saw april... My bad
Back to top Go down
MsScarlett
MsScarlett

PostSubject: Re: Intake Development On The 3.6L Pentastar V6   Intake Development On The 3.6L Pentastar V6 I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2013, 5:08 pm

I just saw this post...what is SRI?  Is it a cold air intake system?  If it is then crap....I just had the Mopar CAI installed the beginning of May.
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

PostSubject: Re: Intake Development On The 3.6L Pentastar V6   Intake Development On The 3.6L Pentastar V6 I_icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2013, 8:03 am

MsScarlett wrote:
I just saw this post...what is SRI?  Is it a cold air intake system?  If it is then crap....I just had the Mopar CAI installed the beginning of May.

SRI= Short Ram Intake- a different intake that doesn't draw air from the outside.  See the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5imTblzbMXo
Back to top Go down
MsScarlett
MsScarlett

PostSubject: Re: Intake Development On The 3.6L Pentastar V6   Intake Development On The 3.6L Pentastar V6 I_icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2013, 8:23 am

Thank you for the video.
Back to top Go down
Tom C
CAMM Pro
Tom C

PostSubject: Re: Intake Development On The 3.6L Pentastar V6   Intake Development On The 3.6L Pentastar V6 I_icon_minitimeJune 27th 2013, 7:36 am

Sounds like you and I made the right decision on installing the CAI. I also did the Mopar one as I thought that it looked better than the rest.
Back to top Go down
MsScarlett
MsScarlett

PostSubject: Re: Intake Development On The 3.6L Pentastar V6   Intake Development On The 3.6L Pentastar V6 I_icon_minitimeJune 27th 2013, 7:56 am

Tom....I'm really happy with it as I'm sure you are too. After watching the video I feel I made the right choice.

Now my next mod is lowering the car. Need to find out if it voids the warranty in any way and how to go about it.
Back to top Go down
Tom C
CAMM Pro
Tom C

PostSubject: Re: Intake Development On The 3.6L Pentastar V6   Intake Development On The 3.6L Pentastar V6 I_icon_minitimeJune 27th 2013, 8:11 am

I like mine too. I have stayed away from doing things that might void the warranty, I bought the extended one. Dont know about lowering it and whether that would void the warranty. The only thing that would be affected is the suspension and I dont know if that is even covered under the warranty as it is.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Intake Development On The 3.6L Pentastar V6   Intake Development On The 3.6L Pentastar V6 I_icon_minitimeJune 27th 2013, 8:43 am

warranties are only voided on the parts you replace or change.... If you lower your car, you void the suspension warranty, but the rest of the warranty is ok.... as for bolt on mods and things like that for the engine/drive train. They have to prove that the part you replaced was the cause of the failure to void the warranty...
Back to top Go down
MsScarlett
MsScarlett

PostSubject: Re: Intake Development On The 3.6L Pentastar V6   Intake Development On The 3.6L Pentastar V6 I_icon_minitimeJune 27th 2013, 8:49 am

I too have the extended warranty. I need an oil change now, so I will talk to the guys and see what they say about it. After the Lake Geneva cruise and seeing other cars I really like the way the car looks lowered and from what I've read it should improve handling. Not that I'm out racing or anything crazy. lol I have a lot to learn about the car, but I'm trying. It's one of the reasons I really enjoy this site...everyone is so very helpful and no one makes me feel like a "dumb girl" for asking questions.
Wink
Back to top Go down
MsScarlett
MsScarlett

PostSubject: Re: Intake Development On The 3.6L Pentastar V6   Intake Development On The 3.6L Pentastar V6 I_icon_minitimeJune 27th 2013, 8:51 am

Thanks Tom for the warranty info. Very helpful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intake Development On The 3.6L Pentastar V6   Intake Development On The 3.6L Pentastar V6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intake Development On The 3.6L Pentastar V6
Page 1 of 1