Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

steering noises

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

steering noises Empty
PostSubject: steering noises   steering noises I_icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2013, 6:39 pm

I had an awful noise from somewhere in the steering this morning. The first left turn at about 5 mph sounded like someone opening the front door of a haunted house on Scooby Doo. It only did it on that first turn in the morning, no noises on the way home. Which parts should I take look at?

bill
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

steering noises Empty
PostSubject: Re: steering noises   steering noises I_icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2013, 6:46 pm

I'd say check all the ball joints (tension struts, upper ball joints, and the other lower ball joints) and tie rods to start. Might be a grease issue since most parts arent greasable. BUT if I remember you're outers are aftermarket so they might have grease fittings
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

steering noises Empty
PostSubject: Re: steering noises   steering noises I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2013, 8:12 pm

I know how to check the tie rods, how do I check the other parts? There was no noise this morning, but I'm pretty sure it didn't fix itself.

bill
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

steering noises Empty
PostSubject: Re: steering noises   steering noises I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2013, 6:46 pm

Well, to check for a noise, what I usually do, is have somebody turn the wheel to make the noise, then just lay on the ground or whatever and listen and even grab the parts as the other person is turning the wheel to make the noise, you'll be able to either hear it, or feel the vibration from the noise, can be tricky sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

steering noises Empty
PostSubject: Re: steering noises   steering noises I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

steering noises
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Wheels and Suspension-
Jump to: