Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Torque Converter

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
A.W.
CAMM Member
A.W.

Torque Converter Empty
PostSubject: Torque Converter   Torque Converter I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2013, 6:49 pm

My cam got delivered today. I opened it up and looked at the specs and the Duration is 218/218 and LSA 114. Appears that I may have received the Spartan Max from Inertia vs the Spartan - Duration 214/218. I have been reading on LXF because I couldn't find a topic about TC's. A lot of people are saying that this cam is beneficial with a TC. I am fairly new to all of this and have no clue how to pick out a TC or figure out the stall?

Can anyone recommend or suggest a converter and stall that would compliment this cam?
HHP has an FTI verter for $500. But I don't know if this is a good brand or not?
http://www.highhorseperformance.com//ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=FTI-E-CUSTOM
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Torque Converter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torque Converter   Torque Converter I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2013, 8:17 pm

2800-3200 stall is a pretty common choice for the street. I currently have a 4000 Paramount Performance Dominator torque converter. With this past winters changes I don't know if I will have to change it out or not. Have to hit the track first and see if the car will shift.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

Torque Converter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torque Converter   Torque Converter I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2013, 8:34 pm

If you contact the people making the TC they can find you what you need based on what you have done to the car, and what you want from the torque converter. I think I'm going to be in the market for one next winter, but haven't really started looking yet. I've read good things about Paramount converters.

bill
Back to top Go down
A.W.
CAMM Member
A.W.

Torque Converter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torque Converter   Torque Converter I_icon_minitimeApril 18th 2013, 1:44 am

Okay thanks guys, I hit up HHP but figured I would ask some of you just incase you all had some experience with this.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Torque Converter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torque Converter   Torque Converter I_icon_minitimeApril 18th 2013, 11:40 am

They can be hit or miss. Not an exact science. If you aren't drag racing, you don't really need/want one. I ran my stock 1800 stall until just the last couple of years, drag racing. I still run the stock tcm and have not had a reason to swap it out, as the car shifts fine.

The thing about converters is the higher the stall the hotter it will make the verter run on the street. Kind of a waste if you ask me. They do make for cool car conversations, though. lol
Back to top Go down
osoish08
CAMM Member
osoish08

Torque Converter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torque Converter   Torque Converter I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2013, 10:41 am

I have a stock 6.1 TC sitting around and I'm running a 3200 TC from ATI....
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Torque Converter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torque Converter   Torque Converter I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2013, 11:32 am

After my build I will also be looking in to a TC. I think I will talk with Ekaz and Tim after he tunes it and pick there brains a little bit about a TC
Back to top Go down
A.W.
CAMM Member
A.W.

Torque Converter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torque Converter   Torque Converter I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2013, 7:48 pm

Thanks Ismael for the text!

I will also be hitting up Ekaz. Just feel bad because I have asked him a ton of questions already. Feel like a 4 yr old child. WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Torque Converter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torque Converter   Torque Converter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Torque Converter
Page 1 of 1