Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Look at that pretty torque curve

Go down 
+5
jontoad
jesse031081
Okie6.1
Shawn1112
funkpolice
9 posters
AuthorMessage
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

Look at that pretty torque curve Empty
PostSubject: Look at that pretty torque curve   Look at that pretty torque curve I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2013, 2:09 pm

I picked up my car from MPH today and it's awesome! Got a SRT Max Plus cam installed and a tune. Between the cam, tune, getrag, and a week driving a shitty jetta around, makes my car feel insane. I'm sure I'll used to it, but I had a big smile the whole ride home from Rockford. Even a few school girl giggles. king
bill
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Look at that pretty torque curve   Look at that pretty torque curve I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2013, 2:10 pm

forgot the pick.
Look at that pretty torque curve IMG_1615_zps7601e8dc

bill
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Look at that pretty torque curve   Look at that pretty torque curve I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2013, 2:32 pm

Does that say 492 on torque??? 403 to the wheels, not bad!!!
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: Look at that pretty torque curve   Look at that pretty torque curve I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2013, 3:22 pm

Pretty sure that's 402 torque
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: Look at that pretty torque curve   Look at that pretty torque curve I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2013, 6:30 pm

Just curious, did they do a base line test? It looks smooth!
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Look at that pretty torque curve   Look at that pretty torque curve I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2013, 8:35 pm

no, they didn't do a base line.
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: Look at that pretty torque curve   Look at that pretty torque curve I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2013, 8:39 pm

post a video at idle if you can
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Look at that pretty torque curve   Look at that pretty torque curve I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2013, 9:19 pm

damn, nice flat torque curve. looks good man.
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

PostSubject: Re: Look at that pretty torque curve   Look at that pretty torque curve I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2013, 6:59 am

Pretty numbers... yes, way better then the Jetta- enjoy!!!
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Look at that pretty torque curve   Look at that pretty torque curve I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2013, 8:25 am

Very nice Bill! Congrats!
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Look at that pretty torque curve   Look at that pretty torque curve I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2013, 2:11 pm

unfortunately I don't have a device to capture accurate audio. here is a shitty video with my wife's point and shoot. sounds like poo.

Look at that pretty torque curve Th_P2240065_zps1c1f5f3d

bill
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Look at that pretty torque curve   Look at that pretty torque curve I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2013, 7:40 am

Congrats, Bill. Couple more performance mods and Tim will be calling you "crack addict".
Back to top Go down
srtdoodzer
CAMM Member
srtdoodzer

PostSubject: Re: Look at that pretty torque curve   Look at that pretty torque curve I_icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2013, 3:43 pm

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but is 400whp about normal for 6.1's? What do the 6.4's avg whp? With basic mods?
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Look at that pretty torque curve   Look at that pretty torque curve I_icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2013, 9:53 pm

360-380rwhp is normal for 6.1's with mild bolt on's.
Back to top Go down
srtdoodzer
CAMM Member
srtdoodzer

PostSubject: Re: Look at that pretty torque curve   Look at that pretty torque curve I_icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2013, 9:13 am

Thanks Jon. I'm going through that never ending desire for a faster car LOL. I want 11's.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Look at that pretty torque curve   Look at that pretty torque curve I_icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2013, 1:34 pm

It isn't always motor that can get you there. These cars are heavy pigs. I plan on losing a shit ton more weight over the winter. I'm @ 3950 with me in it and a half tank of fuel. Now the gas tank is gone. All glass is next, and replacing with lexon. Front Wilwood brakes, tube frame k-member and bumpers.
Back to top Go down
srtdoodzer
CAMM Member
srtdoodzer

PostSubject: Re: Look at that pretty torque curve   Look at that pretty torque curve I_icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2013, 1:46 pm

3950 isn't terrible especially since you are in the 10's. I've been looking at Challengers, although we're talking about internet claims, but those girls are heavy. So sexy though, but I don't want to trade in my pitbull for a saint bernard. If that makes any sense at all...
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Look at that pretty torque curve   Look at that pretty torque curve I_icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2013, 3:13 pm

Believe it or not, it was the Chargers that Mopar built for best performance, in stock form.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Look at that pretty torque curve   Look at that pretty torque curve I_icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2013, 3:48 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Believe it or not, it was the Chargers that Mopar built for best performance, in stock form.
yea, but that was mostly with suspension differences. stiffer spring rates and shocks.

the challengers got a more touring oriented softer suspension. once you replace the suspension it really doesn't matter i guess.

Last edited by jontoad on November 7th 2013, 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Look at that pretty torque curve   Look at that pretty torque curve I_icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2013, 5:07 pm

I would think that your Caliber could go 11s without too much messing around. I know nothing about them, but can't you just forge it and crank up the boost?

bill
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Look at that pretty torque curve   Look at that pretty torque curve I_icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2013, 7:04 pm

funkpolice wrote:
I would think that your Caliber could go 11s without too much messing around.  I know nothing about them, but can't you just forge it and crank up the boost?

bill
there is options. gizmo's ran 10's and got 35mpg on the way home. lol.

Back to top Go down
srtdoodzer
CAMM Member
srtdoodzer

PostSubject: Re: Look at that pretty torque curve   Look at that pretty torque curve I_icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2013, 7:11 pm

I'm on a stock block lol. BOOM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Look at that pretty torque curve   Look at that pretty torque curve I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Look at that pretty torque curve
Page 1 of 1