Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Looking for a Good Performance Shop

Go down 
+6
Illinois Chaos
Rabbitshell
BackNBlack
Wicked 09
chicagovich
Rubo
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Rubo
CAMM Member
Rubo

Looking for a Good Performance Shop Empty
PostSubject: Looking for a Good Performance Shop   Looking for a Good Performance Shop I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2012, 9:06 pm

Hey guy I'm just looking for a Good Trust worthy Performance shop to do some work on my car and Where i could buy parts for my car. Don't mind traveling but nothing too far I' currently in Bensenville IL.
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Performance Shop   Looking for a Good Performance Shop I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2012, 9:11 pm

I had my work done at Mr. Norms in Rockford; nitrous install. Many go there- great people, tons of knowledge. I will be going back when and if a tune becomes available. Highly recommend.
Back to top Go down
Wicked 09
CAMM Member
Wicked 09

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Performance Shop   Looking for a Good Performance Shop I_icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2012, 5:08 pm

If you're still looking, try Finish Line Performance in Naperville. Had a lot of my work done there. Their tuner Dan is on the "A" list with Diablo Sport.
Back to top Go down
BackNBlack
Founding Member
Founding Member
BackNBlack

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Performance Shop   Looking for a Good Performance Shop I_icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2012, 7:56 am

chicagovich wrote:
I had my work done at Mr. Norms in Rockford; nitrous install. Many go there- great people, tons of knowledge. I will be going back when and if a tune becomes available. Highly recommend.

BOY OH BOY!!..lol your right the wives are not going to like this! Im glad to hear tuning is getting closer than we expected. Been to FLP...im thinking of giving Mr Norms a shot.
Back to top Go down
Wicked 09
CAMM Member
Wicked 09

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Performance Shop   Looking for a Good Performance Shop I_icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2012, 8:33 am

Both are good. FLP is just a lot closer.
Back to top Go down
Rabbitshell
CAMM Rookie
Rabbitshell

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Performance Shop   Looking for a Good Performance Shop I_icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2012, 2:14 pm

I have also been looking for another performance shop. I have gone to Mr Norms to have my car checked for vacuum leak, no leak was found but I did have them tune the car on the dyno. The car has been runnig great since, but when I emailed several times to get the dyno results, I never got a reply back. I also emailed them about getting a cam installed, but never got a reply. So I called them to get a quote for a cam install, I talked with one of the guys and he said he would getl me the quote, never heard back from them. I know then do good work, but not happy with the customer service. I will look at Finish Line Performance.
Back to top Go down
Wicked 09
CAMM Member
Wicked 09

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Performance Shop   Looking for a Good Performance Shop I_icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2012, 4:23 pm

I've been real happy with FLP. Their customer service is great and their tuner is outstanding. He found 17 more horses and 17 more torque over Norm's. He also comes highly recommended by the guys at Diablo. I can't complain about the work I had done at Norm's. But since dealing with FLP, I'll be staying with them.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Performance Shop   Looking for a Good Performance Shop I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2012, 1:55 pm

Here is a real good video from a guy that is well renowned.

http://www.thatvideomagazine.com/newyork/autos/vinny-ten-racing
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Performance Shop   Looking for a Good Performance Shop I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2012, 6:03 pm

Nice video, love his guinea accent.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Performance Shop   Looking for a Good Performance Shop I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2012, 6:53 pm

Yeah, he's from the east coast. Did you see the part where he was talking about guys coming back on their knees begging him to fix their fucked up car from the other two cheap shops they went to?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Performance Shop   Looking for a Good Performance Shop I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2012, 8:37 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Yeah, he's from the east coast. Did you see the part where he was talking about guys coming back on their knees begging him to fix their fucked up car from the other two cheap shops they went to?
You mean where he says, what cause someone fucked your shit up or its half done now you want a better price??? lmfao!!!!
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Performance Shop   Looking for a Good Performance Shop I_icon_minitimeNovember 27th 2012, 6:29 am

Yes, that part. I hate it when you see someone brag about the cheap quote they got, that you know is going to be a nightmare in the end.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Performance Shop   Looking for a Good Performance Shop I_icon_minitimeNovember 27th 2012, 9:00 am

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Yes, that part. I hate it when you see someone brag about the cheap quote they got, that you know is going to be a nightmare in the end.
You live and you learn, sometimes the hard way. I know I have learned the hard way more than once!
Back to top Go down
A.W.
CAMM Member
A.W.

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Performance Shop   Looking for a Good Performance Shop I_icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2012, 7:52 pm

That was awesome... I felt like he was lecturing me. I have to start researching shops since my SRT8 dream is falling thru.
Back to top Go down
Wicked 09
CAMM Member
Wicked 09

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Performance Shop   Looking for a Good Performance Shop I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2012, 6:10 am

Location wise, FLP is your best bet. Nothing against Norm's but Naperville is a lot closer and FLP's customer service is great.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Performance Shop   Looking for a Good Performance Shop I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2012, 5:57 pm

what about modern muscle in oswego????????anyone ever go there
Back to top Go down
A.W.
CAMM Member
A.W.

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Performance Shop   Looking for a Good Performance Shop I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2012, 7:38 pm

I have heard mixed reviews. I spoke w/ Savi a few times, EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE. I personally have never been there tho, so don't let "reviews" stop you.
Back to top Go down
Wicked 09
CAMM Member
Wicked 09

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Performance Shop   Looking for a Good Performance Shop I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2012, 6:19 am

I've also talk with Modern Muscle but only on the phone when I was having problems with my torque converter. They recomended pulling the converter and reducing the stall. On the other hand, Tony at FLP was convinced we could solve the problem. He was right. So not only did that save me money, but my car runs great. So, having had all my recent work done at FLP and all in all being very satisfied with the results, I will remain convinced that they are the shop I will stay with. I can only say this because I've had a lot of work done there and always been treated outstanding and I've been way happy with the end results.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Performance Shop   Looking for a Good Performance Shop I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2012, 4:53 pm

I just made 750 rwp on a very conservative nitrous tune from Tim @mph. This is on a 6.1l all stock internals hemi. It can make 800+ easy if I want it. Show me another tuner that has done that on a stock hemi.
Back to top Go down
Tim@MPH
Supporting Vendor

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Performance Shop   Looking for a Good Performance Shop I_icon_minitimeDecember 3rd 2012, 4:57 pm

There isn't a Mr. Norm's garage any more. If you need a quote you can email me @ mphracing@yahoo.com. We are setting records with modern hemi's, no local shop has the ET records we do. We can build and tune anything your looking for with your modern hemi car. Tom's 100% stock block car just went 10.60 @125 mph, he will see 9's in January on a 100% stock engine.

Tim
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Performance Shop   Looking for a Good Performance Shop I_icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2012, 4:44 am

As an FYI for people with 11+ Charger/Challenger/300's, Modern Muscle wouldn't touch my car. Tim at MPH (then Mr. Norms) had no problem doing the work; still very happy with the job they did. Maybe things have changed at MM, but that was my experience.

EDIT: I feel I cut Tim's post by adding a new page to the thread so I wanted to paste it here- this is the last post from the previous page

Tim@MPH-
"There isn't a Mr. Norm's garage any more. If you need a quote you can email me @ mphracing@yahoo.com. We are setting records with modern hemi's, no local shop has the ET records we do. We can build and tune anything your looking for with your modern hemi car. Tom's 100% stock block car just went 10.60 @125 mph, he will see 9's in January on a 100% stock engine."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Performance Shop   Looking for a Good Performance Shop I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for a Good Performance Shop
Page 1 of 1