Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ipad for the radio

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sublime378
CAMM Member
Sublime378

Ipad for the radio  Empty
PostSubject: Ipad for the radio    Ipad for the radio  I_icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2012, 6:29 pm

so I kinda stumbled on to this guy that had a ipad for the head unit and it looked really cool. So I looked and found this I'm kinda getting into this I am allways trying to find somthing that make me stand out Razz
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Ipad for the radio    Ipad for the radio  I_icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2012, 7:44 pm

I have been looking in to this as well. Not easy and not cheap at all to do it rite. You still have to use your head unit, but either hide it or build something custom and mount it somewhere. You can use an e.q. or sound processor, but you wont get the same effect as using a head unit.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Ipad for the radio    Ipad for the radio  I_icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2012, 8:24 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
I have been looking in to this as well. Not easy and not cheap at all to do it rite. You still have to use your head unit, but either hide it or build something custom and mount it somewhere. You can use an e.q. or sound processor, but you wont get the same effect as using a head unit.

the biggest problem is an ipad with enough gig's of space for music is like 800 or 900 bux.

my ipod at 32 gig has been full for a year or two now. i have to keep deleting stuff to fit new stuff and i have been meaning to upgrade to one with more space. i have been looking into new ipods/ipads but i just can't justify the price of a 64 gig ipad or even ipod touch. think i'm just gonna get a 160 gig ipod classic...
Back to top Go down
Sublime378
CAMM Member
Sublime378

PostSubject: Re: Ipad for the radio    Ipad for the radio  I_icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2012, 9:28 pm

yeap it is involded but there not many people out there that got it done thats why i'm looking into it I'm trying to talk the rockford poeple to say its the best idea in the world so I can get it done for nothing but that may not happen the guy thats redoing the system likes my idea so I just might do it Jon you got to look at like this if you put a fearly nice tv / dvd or nav or anything like that its around 1000 plus any way and the key to doing this is so you can remove the ipad but making it look like its built in kinda like the vid he did a real nice job I love it the only thing I don't like is the chrome theres a couple of ways you can do it shawn but yes I think the best is the hiden head unit I think thats what I will do if i do it
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Ipad for the radio    Ipad for the radio  I_icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2012, 9:41 pm

Sublime378 wrote:
yeap it is involded but there not many people out there that got it done thats why i'm looking into it I'm trying to talk the rockford poeple to say its the best idea in the world so I can get it done for nothing but that may not happen the guy thats redoing the system likes my idea so I just might do it Jon you got to look at like this if you put a fearly nice tv / dvd or nav or anything like that its around 1000 plus any way and the key to doing this is so you can remove the ipad but making it look like its built in kinda like the vid he did a real nice job I love it the only thing I don't like is the chrome theres a couple of ways you can do it shawn but yes I think the best is the hiden head unit I think thats what I will do if i do it
Thats the only way to do it RITE!!! I wont half ass anything on my car. I have done more research than you will believe and even talked to people who have had it done locally. As I said the only RITE way to go about it, is using an aftermarket head unit. I have talked with people who went the e.q. route as well as the sound processor route and they hate it. They love the look, but have no control over anything. Jerry the owner of Show Time audio in the city is probably the only person I would let do the install of something like this. He has done the install on several vehicles including a 300 and a Charger and it's not as simple as it looks. Good luck if you decide to go that route, but do it RITE, dont half ass it.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Ipad for the radio    Ipad for the radio  I_icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2012, 10:49 pm

He did a great job on that. I love the way it opens so you can slide the ipad into it. I just really dont dig the polished bezel. I think color matching the bezel below it would of been the way to go with that. Other than that, its a great job for sure.
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

PostSubject: Re: Ipad for the radio    Ipad for the radio  I_icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2012, 8:11 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSnIXfoSU6I

Check that out guys. Seen this a while back and love it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ipad for the radio    Ipad for the radio  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ipad for the radio
Page 1 of 1