Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

updating predator

Go down 
+2
crazy933
inkedup
6 posters
AuthorMessage
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

updating predator Empty
PostSubject: updating predator   updating predator I_icon_minitimeOctober 6th 2011, 10:36 pm

i was lookin on diablo's site looking like a new version came out since i last installed .the adjustments were mainly milage booster to our car's and 08 and up had some shifting changes...did anyone do the update ?and can comfirm this
Back to top Go down
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

updating predator Empty
PostSubject: Re: updating predator   updating predator I_icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2011, 1:35 pm

do not do it!!! I have v9r12 in the car and updated the predator to v9r29. they removed the EGR off feature and now the predator WILL NOT downgrade to anything lower than v9r27. I saw on the diablo website that v9r18 was the last one with the EGR off option. So right now I am pretty screwed and have to put the EGR back on or else have the check engine light on all the time. I read they did it becasue the EGR is an emmision controll and they cannot alter it from factory.

I'm pretty pissed. Now the thing is useless to me. and the car is back to stock.

or you or i need to have a custom tune. I dont know what that would cost.

Last edited by crazy933 on October 11th 2011, 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

updating predator Empty
PostSubject: Re: updating predator   updating predator I_icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2011, 1:40 pm

Im sending my predator to johan, im getting a custom tune,maybe i can send yours with mine.i wonder what version i have,causr i swear i cant shut egr off..
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

updating predator Empty
PostSubject: Re: updating predator   updating predator I_icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2011, 3:30 pm

inkedup wrote:
Im sending my predator to johan, im getting a custom tune,maybe i can send yours with mine.i wonder what version i have,causr i swear i cant shut egr off..
Just out of curiosity, why send to Johan for a custom tune. You dont have any major performance mods. Why dont you go see Tim at Mr. Norms and tune it the rite way, on a dyno?????
Total waste of money imo???
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

updating predator Empty
PostSubject: Re: updating predator   updating predator I_icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2011, 3:35 pm

He stated he could make custom tune and add 10-20 hp.on top of 93 octane tune....
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

updating predator Empty
PostSubject: Re: updating predator   updating predator I_icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2011, 3:37 pm

inkedup wrote:
He stated he could make custom tune and add 10-20 hp.on top of 93 octane tune....

So could Tim, plus you can get it dyno tuned and get your horsepower results right on the spot. How much is he charging you to get a custom tune?
Back to top Go down
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

updating predator Empty
PostSubject: Re: updating predator   updating predator I_icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2011, 3:47 pm

I think for now I'll put the egr back on until I figure what I want to do or see what mike does. What does Mr. norm charge?
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

updating predator Empty
PostSubject: Re: updating predator   updating predator I_icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2011, 3:51 pm

Johan doesnt charge.he takes donations.....and around a hundred
Back to top Go down
moros323
CAMM Pro
moros323

updating predator Empty
PostSubject: Re: updating predator   updating predator I_icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2011, 5:29 pm

Get on the diablosport forum somebody will hook you up with the version you need!!
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

updating predator Empty
PostSubject: Re: updating predator   updating predator I_icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2011, 5:33 pm

He works for diablo sport
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

updating predator Empty
PostSubject: Re: updating predator   updating predator I_icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2011, 5:35 pm

Spend the 450 and go see Tim. I dont see the point of a mail tune???
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

updating predator Empty
PostSubject: Re: updating predator   updating predator I_icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2011, 5:39 pm

Dont you think they have more canned tunes, better ones than what we have on our current tuners.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

updating predator Empty
PostSubject: Re: updating predator   updating predator I_icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2011, 6:12 pm

inkedup wrote:
Dont you think they have more canned tunes, better ones than what we have on our current tuners.
I just dont understand how he can just send you a tune without data logging anything, or putting it on a dyno. Vic had his Chally dyno tuned by Tim with mods similar to yours, and he gained I think around 15rwhp, but the tourque he gained was huge!!! If Vic sees this maybe he can chime in. Hey bro do what you want, like I said its a waste of money imo. Spend the $100 on something else or save it till you can see Tim.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

updating predator Empty
PostSubject: Re: updating predator   updating predator I_icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2011, 7:55 pm

i was told to do the logging thing,but im the first to admit im lost when it comes to that shit.i asked him if i could just send it to him.if someone cojuld help me log then i would be happier than a pig in pooop
Back to top Go down
moros323
CAMM Pro
moros323

updating predator Empty
PostSubject: Re: updating predator   updating predator I_icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2011, 2:25 pm

Wait what he works for Diablosport and can't get the tune he wants sad,you would think he could get it with ease...also would think you would have went with the trinity instead??
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

updating predator Empty
PostSubject: Re: updating predator   updating predator I_icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2011, 2:36 pm

I didnt want the trinity since i dont have alot of engine mods.and i heard the trinity causes cars to do weird shit like 180's.....
Back to top Go down
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

updating predator Empty
PostSubject: Re: updating predator   updating predator I_icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2011, 3:42 pm

EGR is back on, the wife does like the latest tune though.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

updating predator Empty
PostSubject: Re: updating predator   updating predator I_icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2011, 7:41 am

inkedup wrote:

A "canned tune" is a one size fits all type of thing, meant to be used until you can get it on a dyno for a real tune. It's fat and lazy, but better than stock. An e-mail tune can only do so much. A dyno tune will get you spot on and safely eek out every ounce of hp and tq and afr/timing. The dyno sees everything and is why the pred. was developed in the first place.

Do you really want to trust your motor to an e-mail tune from a log that only shows a few perameters? CMR software that is used in conjunction with the dyno is around 5 grand and creates a full log of everything going on that a GOOD tuner will tweak.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

updating predator Empty
PostSubject: Re: updating predator   updating predator I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

updating predator
Page 1 of 1