Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Predator advice? New user.

Go down 
+3
vagrant
Illinois Chaos
BigM
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

Predator advice?  New user. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Predator advice? New user.   Predator advice?  New user. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2011, 10:19 pm

Yeah it has firmness when connected to a 5.7 car but when you hook it to a 6.1 car it isn't an option.

Day two and I'm really liking my canned tune Smile Mileage is going to stink on this tank for sure!

I swear even the exhaust sounds meaner and mine is stock!
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Predator advice? New user.   Predator advice?  New user. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2011, 11:21 pm

BigM wrote:
Yeah it has firmness when connected to a 5.7 car but when you hook it to a 6.1 car it isn't an option.

Day two and I'm really liking my canned tune Smile Mileage is going to stink on this tank for sure!

I swear even the exhaust sounds meaner and mine is stock!

Been around the block a few times and I knew it was there at one time

rev r17

Fixed screw up(by me) in quick adjust parameters:

SRT's had shift firmness in them, removed now as it does not do anything

06 5.7L did not have shift firmness in them, added that as it does do something

Renamed Perfromance tunes, to Perf 93oct as people did not know which one was the 93 octane tune.

Removed the -/+ in the WOT fuel adjustment so it will just start at zero and numbers will go up either way you go on the scale towards rich and lean.

Added export and police calid support, NOTE: These calids only have 2 tunes , Perf93 and Perf93 CAI

Live data display and log implemented

Added early05 (SCI) support, NOTE: For Q&A to work they need to update to latest TCM flash as early flash does not support that feature, plus autostick upshift is removed as it was not supported either in the early 05's

07 SRT8's have the autostick upshift disable parameter in them, BUT it does not work like the 05-06's, when disabled it will not allow vehicle to shift past the commanded gear but it will downshift to a lower gear and shift back up to commanded based on throttle input, we mainly left it there for dyno use.

The reason it was removed was because the srt cars have an mtcm in the tcm stock. So the tool was telling the tcm to adjust a perameter that was there to begin with. I never updated mine.

Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Predator advice? New user.   Predator advice?  New user. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2011, 7:23 am

So I adjusted firmness and changed auto stick to mode 1...so what did I just do
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

PostSubject: Re: Predator advice? New user.   Predator advice?  New user. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2011, 7:38 am

I'm glad you looked it up that makes me feel better about adding the firmness to the R/T since the NAG1 is the same if the SRT can handle harder shifts with the extra torque of the 6.1 then it should not be an issue with a 5.7

I know harder shifts are good in the sense that there is a reduction in heat but it was all the rest of the gear getting hit with the load that you worry about.
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

PostSubject: Re: Predator advice? New user.   Predator advice?  New user. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2011, 7:46 am

inkedup wrote:

Ok so here is my understanding having read the Diablo forums the shift firmness is pretty obvious there is a tweak in the line pressure that will make the transmission shift harder/faster. The SRTs pretty much already have this tweak so they don't get the option in later revisions.

The Mode 1, 2, 3 is for if you want it to hold the gears in auto stick. The reason there are three modes is because between the 2005 to 2010 years and the 300, Charger, Challenger, Magnum there are some differences in software. Try mode 1 if that works great if not try mode 2 and so on.

I personally didn't change this parameter because it didn't matter to me. If it matters to you try it out and see if the transmission still upshifts at redline or if it holds gear.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Predator advice? New user.   Predator advice?  New user. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2011, 7:53 am

What does hold gears do....I'm lost
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

PostSubject: Re: Predator advice? New user.   Predator advice?  New user. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2011, 8:01 am

inkedup wrote:

Oh and if you haven't, for good measure clear the TCM adaptives as well in the quick adjust. This will have your TCM "unlearn" any of your driving habits. It is the same thing people used to do by removing a fuse but now it is even easier.

My car downshifts immediately even when I'm part throttle and not really looking for it! My commute has way too much stop and go so I'm sure the TCM will get back into granny mode soon enough Smile

I really don't know how much real HP the canned 91 tune adds but even if it was 0 the changes in the "throttle boost", torque management and firmer shifts really liven the car up.
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

PostSubject: Re: Predator advice? New user.   Predator advice?  New user. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2011, 8:06 am

inkedup wrote:
What does hold gears do....I'm lost

What I'm saying is if you go into autostick mode on a stock car and floor it the car will shift at/near redline (can you tell I never do this).

If you want you can make auto stick even more like a manual in that it will hold the gear and won't auto upshift. I don't see an advantage here for my commute Smile I normally use Autostick for engine breaking on off ramps and occasionally for engine breaking when I spot a State Trooper and don't want to bang on the breaks and draw attention!

If you don't wish to over rev your engine in auto stick I'd say don't enable that feature. For guys with a heavily modded engine that spins past stock redline and has the springs/internals to handle it that would appeal to them. Or for a drag racer who wants to hit the 1/4 in a certain gear without shifting right before the end of the 1/4 etc.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Predator advice? New user.   Predator advice?  New user. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2011, 10:15 am

I tried mode 1.ill watch the redline I wanna get a better time on my 0-60 but my car always shift too soon.thanks for the breakdown ....
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Predator advice? New user.   Predator advice?  New user. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2011, 10:15 am

I tried mode 1.ill watch the redline I wanna get a better time on my 0-60 but my car always shift too soon.thanks for the breakdown ....
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Predator advice? New user.   Predator advice?  New user. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2011, 7:27 pm

BEFORE:my best time was 5.68 and after today changing shift firmness and auto-stick to mode 1 .....i saw a big leap 0-60 .i still had alot of tire spin at the line ,i swear i would have a 5.1 if they would grip right away

AFTER:

Predator advice?  New user. - Page 2 Facebo10
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

PostSubject: Re: Predator advice? New user.   Predator advice?  New user. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2011, 10:12 pm

Are you running one of the canned tunes? My 06 EVIC doesn't have the timer Sad

How heavy are your wheels, lots of aftermarket 20s are heavy they must not hurt your 0-60 too much.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Predator advice? New user.   Predator advice?  New user. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2011, 8:22 am

i have the 93 oct. tune with fan mod's,egr off,auto-stick mode 1,shift firmness,and speed limiter off.....yea my wheels are pretty heavy too ...shit if you minus wheel spin and heavy wheel's i think i can actually do high 4's.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Predator advice? New user.   Predator advice?  New user. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Predator advice? New user.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2