Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

need a little advice

Go down 
+6
Illinois Chaos
chargerchick
RT!st!C
moaugust88
AlterEgo
inkedup
10 posters
AuthorMessage
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

need a little advice Empty
PostSubject: need a little advice   need a little advice I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2010, 5:53 pm

ok i just had my windows done and im a bit concerned the top of the back window has those dam lines which i took it back and he fixed the one and only bad strip.now today i noticed a imperfection thats driving me crazy on my driverside window its likt a (u) shaped finger nail not too big.should i complain or am i being too picky?

Cubs don't laugh at me i have "ocd when it comes to the ride" Cubs
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: need a little advice   need a little advice I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2010, 6:05 pm

COMPLAIN!

I took my charger back like 5 times to the place that did mine. YOu paid for it, you should like how it has turned out.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: need a little advice   need a little advice I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2010, 6:09 pm

i know i paid alot ,guess im going back,im just thinking if they cant get it out they will have to take it off put new one on then it might look worse from all that glue from first tint...
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: need a little advice   need a little advice I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2010, 8:20 pm

Well if you want to remove the glue residue get some water and mix it with baby shampoo. It's like 1:1/8 ratio i believe. Stuff comes off like butter. Likely that the tint guy uses that. He might be an ass and charge for removal with a "special" chemical but chances are he's using this. lol
Back to top Go down
RT!st!C
CAMM Pro
RT!st!C

PostSubject: Re: need a little advice   need a little advice I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2010, 8:28 pm

if you do peel it dont scrape it with a blade or you will mess up your defrosters. Auto zone sells a tint remover that works pretty good. should of let me do it, satisfaction gaurenteed. lol!
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: need a little advice   need a little advice I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2010, 8:29 pm

so you guys think i should be this picky about window?
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: need a little advice   need a little advice I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2010, 8:32 pm

Heck yeah!!! If you paid alot you should get what you paid for!!!
Back to top Go down
RT!st!C
CAMM Pro
RT!st!C

PostSubject: Re: need a little advice   need a little advice I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2010, 8:32 pm

how noticeable is it? i would if your not pleased!
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: need a little advice   need a little advice I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2010, 8:35 pm

inkedup wrote:
so you guys think i should be this picky about window?

Absolutely! You paid good money to get this done. It should be done right and to your satisfaction.
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: need a little advice   need a little advice I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2010, 10:10 pm

inkedup wrote:
i know i paid alot ,guess im going back,im just thinking if they cant get it out they will have to take it off put new one on then it might look worse from all that glue from first tint...

Then it's their problem that they have to fix. YOU are the customer! Don't feel bad that you are asking for a good job that you paid for.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: need a little advice   need a little advice I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2010, 10:59 pm

Maybe a credit card could fix it. Or a cc and a blow dryer just heat it a little and if it doesn't suck in try to smooth it with the cc.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: need a little advice   need a little advice I_icon_minitimeMay 25th 2010, 10:15 pm

there going to split the cost with me to remove and put up a new tint.i dont remember it being there but oh well at least it will be done right.its only 30 bucks vs my insanity....lol
Back to top Go down
RT!st!C
CAMM Pro
RT!st!C

PostSubject: Re: need a little advice   need a little advice I_icon_minitimeMay 25th 2010, 10:32 pm

good to hear, they should fix it for free though!
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: need a little advice   need a little advice I_icon_minitimeMay 26th 2010, 1:54 am

screw that I would bitch them out and make them do it for free....
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: need a little advice   need a little advice I_icon_minitimeMay 26th 2010, 6:57 am

A little late now, but there are plenty of posts on the subject of tinting places with lifetime warranty. just saying
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: need a little advice   need a little advice I_icon_minitimeMay 26th 2010, 7:25 am

inkedup wrote:
there going to split the cost with me to remove and put up a new tint.i dont remember it being there but oh well at least it will be done right.its only 30 bucks vs my insanity....lol

Really???? They are making you split the cost???!!!! I would be totally pissed! They should do it just for pure customer satisfaction alone!! They did a shitty job and should do it to your specifications not half-assed.

I'm glad it's getting fixed but I would make sure that when it's done they know that you aren't recommending them to anyone.
(or maybe you are, I dunno Smile Just figured)
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: need a little advice   need a little advice I_icon_minitimeMay 26th 2010, 9:01 am

Fuck that... i wouldnt pay them a fucking penny...
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: need a little advice   need a little advice I_icon_minitimeMay 26th 2010, 12:22 pm

Make sure you let us know where you got it done at so none of us go there ever!!
You paid for a job to be done and done right if it is crappy it should be done for free you paid for a flawless job and should expect it
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: need a little advice   need a little advice I_icon_minitimeMay 26th 2010, 2:08 pm

judging by your pictures did you get it done at that Zbart looking place across from the old dodge dealer on Ogden?

they did my truck and it was a good job and it was on sale at the time 5 years ago. (70 bux for both front roll up windows)

since they did a good job on my truck i asked them about doing my car a year and a half ago. holy shit did their price go up, there was no way in hell i was paying what they wanted (280 for just the back 3 windows) i think they were trying to walk me and they were being assholes to me too when i told them Express autoglass was doing it for 140 for the back 3 windows at 3%. fuck that place. it must have changed owners or something cause they used to be good.

now seeing your having problems with their install im glad they walked me. they did me a favor cause express autoglass did a top notch job.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: need a little advice   need a little advice I_icon_minitimeMay 26th 2010, 6:11 pm

its only thirty bucks believe me when he see's it i wont have to pay.......
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: need a little advice   need a little advice I_icon_minitimeMay 26th 2010, 6:26 pm

i hope not but dont go in there w/ that in your head go in there that you are not paying for shit...
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: need a little advice   need a little advice I_icon_minitimeMay 26th 2010, 7:33 pm

Hey Mike...there is NO way you should pay that extra 30 bucks. They didn't do the job properly and they should fix it FREE OF CHARGE!
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: need a little advice   need a little advice I_icon_minitimeMay 26th 2010, 7:44 pm

ok I won't pay peeps.
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: need a little advice   need a little advice I_icon_minitimeMay 26th 2010, 7:45 pm

inkedup wrote:
ok I won't pay peeps.

Good for you!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need a little advice   need a little advice I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

need a little advice
Page 1 of 1