Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CAI advice/input?

Go down 
+2
HiPwr
firestartr420
6 posters
AuthorMessage
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

CAI advice/input? Empty
PostSubject: CAI advice/input?   CAI advice/input? I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2010, 10:20 am

ok folks.... so i got my refund check, and now its time I got my CAI and Predator. i've got the 3.5L, but im sure some of you guys know a little about this. Basically, im wondering which CAI would be the better. I know you don't gain a whole heck of a lot from a CAI, but im wondering which one would give the best for what it gives. Im stongly considering the Mopar OEM, but i also know that marylandspeed also has aFe and K&N, along with a predator in a combo purchase deal(hopefully still available...). Im just not entirely sure which one is most worth the money ya know... any advice you folks might have would be stupendious!!
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

CAI advice/input? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAI advice/input?   CAI advice/input? I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2010, 10:22 am

oh... and to throw a wrench in there, while Maryland gets like 250-300, whats this deal with ebay having ones for 70?? what do you say about those?!?
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

CAI advice/input? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAI advice/input?   CAI advice/input? I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2010, 1:35 pm

Damn, you filed late!
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

CAI advice/input? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAI advice/input?   CAI advice/input? I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2010, 2:58 pm

here you go I'm sure this will help you choose the right one

CAI Comparison

http://www.custommagnums.com/forums/performance-talk/24343-3-5l-intake-evaluation-e-bay-k-n-big-bully-air-hammer-ho.html
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

CAI advice/input? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAI advice/input?   CAI advice/input? I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2010, 4:19 pm

I would say get one that has a solid reputation and is well built. I used to have an Airaid that I liked. It was well built and solid. They all do pretty much the same thing, so outside of build quality, looks may be a consideration. Black plastic ducting, polished aluminum, carbon fiber (very popular choice)
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

CAI advice/input? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAI advice/input?   CAI advice/input? I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2010, 9:38 pm

HiPwr wrote:
Damn, you filed late!

yeah..... but I have someone do my taxes so i can get more money back without the gov't finding out... more or less I do a Profit/ Loss from business sheet to get me like an extra $200-$300...i basically write off my gas purchase and cell phone bill.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

CAI advice/input? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAI advice/input?   CAI advice/input? I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2010, 9:39 pm

and Thank you Ivan for that thread... haha with all the different forums out there, i never would have found that one on my own!!
Back to top Go down
06 mid blue se
CAMM Member
06 mid blue se

CAI advice/input? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAI advice/input?   CAI advice/input? I_icon_minitimeMay 10th 2010, 8:31 am

Don't waste your $$$ on the expensive ones. This one will pull true cold air from below the engine bay. lower air temp = higher HP

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009-DODGE-CHARGER-MAGNUM-3-5L-V6-COLD-AIR-INTAKE-RED-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3cac5309a2QQitemZ260589160866QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
Back to top Go down
Bob_Kurgan
CAMM Member
Bob_Kurgan

CAI advice/input? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAI advice/input?   CAI advice/input? I_icon_minitimeMay 10th 2010, 9:07 am

we have predators in stock..
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

CAI advice/input? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAI advice/input?   CAI advice/input? I_icon_minitimeMay 10th 2010, 3:55 pm

Bob will give you a real good deal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CAI advice/input? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAI advice/input?   CAI advice/input? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CAI advice/input?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Engine Bay Aesthetics-
Jump to: