Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heated Indoor Storage

Go down 
+8
Headtripp
eviltrycycle
Shawn1112
vagrant
stairman
jontoad
Illinois Chaos
Tim@MPH
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

Heated Indoor Storage - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heated Indoor Storage   Heated Indoor Storage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2011, 5:08 pm

Tim@Mr.Norm's wrote:
liljoejoe54 wrote:
That is one hell of a price! I was renting a garage for my Charger for $120 a month and it was a piece of shit. Cold as fuck, holes in the fascia, where snow got in. Not to mention the squirrel that lived in the rafters that used to pee on my car. And lets not forget my pet rat that used to run across my feet when I opened the garage door from the outside.

Im sure you will have no problem renting every spot out Tim!

EDIT: Obviously I wont be storing my Charger there because I no longer have it but I read about attack dogs running around, I figure I would ask in case it slipped anybody else's mind.....do these dogs like to jump on cars by any chance? Anytime I kept a car in my yard during the winter, my dogs (pitbulls) used to love to jump on the hood and lay on the roof of the car. I had scratches all over it but I didnt care much cuz the cars were beaters.

The dogs are professionally trained and have better manners then most people do about cars. These dogs are around $5 million dollars worth of collector cars every night and if they werent trained not to mess with cars I couldn't have them in the building.. They would only jump on a car pursuing an intruder, and in that case I would forgive them for the scratches.Wink No bad guy to eat, no cars get scratched.. My dogs aren't like an untrained pet, they are very disciplined and know the boundries of their training.

Video's of one of the dogs I have trained. You can see she does 100% what she is told to do and doesn't even think about doing what she wants,only what she is told. This also applies to the cars, the dogs are taught that cars are off limits unless in a pursuit.

Front half
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TIxoXCmb8g&feature=share

Back half
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFp1eYhjuj4&feature=share

Tim

Lol that is good to know. For some reason, I thought of junk yard type dogs when I read it. Rock On
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Heated Indoor Storage   Heated Indoor Storage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2011, 5:08 pm

I love Flo. She is such a great dog. Loves everybody until she goes to work.
Back to top Go down
Tim@MPH
Supporting Vendor

PostSubject: Re: Heated Indoor Storage   Heated Indoor Storage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2011, 5:15 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:

Those videos are from the Regional Cahmpionship. She is the 2011 five state regional protection champion.. Her daughters who protect this building are 100 times more dangerous than her. She is an arm dog, they are "kill the guy" dogs.Wink
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Heated Indoor Storage   Heated Indoor Storage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2011, 5:17 pm

Tim, check your pm's
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Heated Indoor Storage   Heated Indoor Storage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2011, 5:23 pm

Tim@Mr.Norm's wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:

Those videos are from the Regional Cahmpionship. She is the 2011 five state regional protection champion.. Her daughters who protect this building are 100 times more dangerous than her. She is an arm dog, they are "kill the guy" dogs.Wink

If I have to be around the daughters, I just ignore them. No eye contact or even looking at them. They just lie there and watch me quietly if I ignore them. A big ass fence between us, of course, lol.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Heated Indoor Storage   Heated Indoor Storage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2011, 9:34 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:

I dont like using a cover, used 1 the first year and it put marks in my paint.

i will use my cover over night if i just cleaned the car for a show the next day but that is it. one year i left it on all winter in the garage and got mega holograms in the paint from the damn cover. had to buff the holograms out in the spring. i won't use a cover for long periods of time after that.
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Heated Indoor Storage   Heated Indoor Storage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2011, 5:16 pm

Both the Charger and Chally are at Mr Norms tucked away for the winter.
I think my truck peed when I pulled it into the garage I don't think it's house trained
Thanks Tim
Back to top Go down
JacksSRT8
CAMM Pro
JacksSRT8

PostSubject: Re: Heated Indoor Storage   Heated Indoor Storage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2011, 7:33 am

Hey Vic, Ive stored mine for 3 yrs now.. I dont start it,,,gas stable, put plastic under it to keep moisture from concrete goin up under, wood blocks for the tires (wont dry them out) just hook up the battery tender. cover her up. my old fart car guys say no need. plus the guy i bought it from said he didnt do it either. you will never get it hot enough, they say. i havent has any issues. it goes either way... just sayin
Back to top Go down
VIKES4093
CAMM Pro
VIKES4093

PostSubject: Re: Heated Indoor Storage   Heated Indoor Storage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2011, 6:30 pm

who are you calling an old fart?
Back to top Go down
JacksSRT8
CAMM Pro
JacksSRT8

PostSubject: Re: Heated Indoor Storage   Heated Indoor Storage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2011, 7:02 am

Suspect not you 50 is the new 30naaa
VIKES4093 wrote:
who are you calling an old fart?
Back to top Go down
Fidostudio
CAMM Pro
Fidostudio

PostSubject: Re: Heated Indoor Storage   Heated Indoor Storage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2012, 12:19 pm

Just went out to the garage and my girl is dead. Should I worry about charging it or just leave it until she's ready to come out again?
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Heated Indoor Storage   Heated Indoor Storage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2012, 12:22 pm

Fidostudio wrote:
Just went out to the garage and my girl is dead. Should I worry about charging it or just leave it until she's ready to come out again?

If you dont plan on starting it and let it run until its warmed up every few days then id say just leave the battery. I used to warm mine up every 2 days when it was this cold out just to keep the battery charged.
Back to top Go down
Fidostudio
CAMM Pro
Fidostudio

PostSubject: Re: Heated Indoor Storage   Heated Indoor Storage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2012, 12:34 pm

That's kinda what I was thinking. It's not like it will sit that long as I just put it away a few weeks ago. Maybe I'll pull it out on the next warm day and jump it and let it run a bit and then remember to start it once a week.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Heated Indoor Storage   Heated Indoor Storage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2012, 5:47 pm

Fidostudio wrote:
That's kinda what I was thinking. It's not like it will sit that long as I just put it away a few weeks ago. Maybe I'll pull it out on the next warm day and jump it and let it run a bit and then remember to start it once a week.

Put a battery tender on it. Running your battery down shortens it's life.
Back to top Go down
JacksSRT8
CAMM Pro
JacksSRT8

PostSubject: Re: Heated Indoor Storage   Heated Indoor Storage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2012, 6:07 pm

Farm n Fleet Battery tender. not too good to start it all the time youll never get it hot enough. let it sit wit the charger on it........
Back to top Go down
Fidostudio
CAMM Pro
Fidostudio

PostSubject: Re: Heated Indoor Storage   Heated Indoor Storage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2012, 6:11 pm

At this point will it hurt it to just leave it dead until spring?
Back to top Go down
JacksSRT8
CAMM Pro
JacksSRT8

PostSubject: Re: Heated Indoor Storage   Heated Indoor Storage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2012, 6:13 pm

battery might go bad sitting dead plus youll have to reset everything..... id get the charger 30.00$ or so
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heated Indoor Storage   Heated Indoor Storage - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heated Indoor Storage
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2