Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bomber was bleeding while in storage

Go down 
+7
06 mid blue se
Dartboy
Moparcharger07
Headtripp
HiPwr
jesse031081
JacksSRT8
11 posters
AuthorMessage
JacksSRT8
CAMM Pro
JacksSRT8

Bomber was bleeding while in storage Empty
PostSubject: Bomber was bleeding while in storage   Bomber was bleeding while in storage I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2010, 6:16 pm

Question...... Picked up the Bomber out from storage today. Come to find out after pullin her out some tranny fluid (about a 2" circle) on the ground. Wonderin if its because maybe the seal shrunk with the cold. I have the warranty no biggie. I have her at home covered for another month so Ill watch it. Anyone else seen it?
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: Bomber was bleeding while in storage   Bomber was bleeding while in storage I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2010, 6:28 pm

i believe its a common problem. ive read some threads that others have had the same issue
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Bomber was bleeding while in storage   Bomber was bleeding while in storage I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2010, 6:39 pm

It happens to all of us, John. I had mine fixed under warranty and it took maybe 30 minutes at the dealer.

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104066
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Bomber was bleeding while in storage   Bomber was bleeding while in storage I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2010, 7:39 pm

Its an O ring I believe and there is a TSB out for it.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Bomber was bleeding while in storage   Bomber was bleeding while in storage I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2010, 8:33 pm

Yeah, a simple fix. Mine wasn't covered under warranty, mine was over the miles, BUT they did it anyways.
Back to top Go down
JacksSRT8
CAMM Pro
JacksSRT8

PostSubject: Re: Bomber was bleeding while in storage   Bomber was bleeding while in storage I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2010, 6:30 am

Cool, I was hopin it was the sitting and the cold makeing it leak, but if I have to take it in oh well. Ill get it over there in a few weeks.....
Back to top Go down
Dartboy
Founding Member
Founding Member
Dartboy

PostSubject: Re: Bomber was bleeding while in storage   Bomber was bleeding while in storage I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2010, 8:39 am

yeah mine had it also... very simple fix... was there maybe 30 mins
Back to top Go down
06 mid blue se
CAMM Member
06 mid blue se

PostSubject: Re: Bomber was bleeding while in storage   Bomber was bleeding while in storage I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2010, 2:07 pm

Easy fix $15.00 part form the dealer. Plus you will need about 1-1/2 quarts of ATF+4.
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Bomber was bleeding while in storage   Bomber was bleeding while in storage I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2010, 7:28 pm

I had that happen to my first car. Dealer took care of it...no charge.
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Bomber was bleeding while in storage   Bomber was bleeding while in storage I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2010, 9:11 pm

Ok, I need to look out for this!

Now is this just an issue or a problem?
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Bomber was bleeding while in storage   Bomber was bleeding while in storage I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2010, 9:12 pm

It's an issue that will become a problem if all of your tranny fluid drains out.
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Bomber was bleeding while in storage   Bomber was bleeding while in storage I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2010, 9:26 pm

HiPwr wrote:
It's an issue that will become a problem if all of your tranny fluid drains out.

Rolling Eyes

Reece...I don't think our cars have that problem. I'm pretty sure they corrected it for newer models.
Back to top Go down
cjresto
CAMM Member
cjresto

PostSubject: Re: Bomber was bleeding while in storage   Bomber was bleeding while in storage I_icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2010, 9:27 pm

Common problem on I think 06 and earlier. Mine started to spot with less than 5k on it. Easy fix.
Back to top Go down
JacksSRT8
CAMM Pro
JacksSRT8

PostSubject: Re: Bomber was bleeding while in storage   Bomber was bleeding while in storage I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2010, 3:53 pm

Took the bommer to the dealer this morn. pan drain plug seal bad. Have extended warr with 100.00 deductable. Cost to fix 98.88 go figure, but its fixed
Back to top Go down
VIKES4093
CAMM Pro
VIKES4093

PostSubject: Re: Bomber was bleeding while in storage   Bomber was bleeding while in storage I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2010, 4:38 pm

im glad it was no big deal.now you can sleep well tonight Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Bomber was bleeding while in storage   Bomber was bleeding while in storage I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2010, 6:21 pm

John....they should have taken care of it for FREE!
Back to top Go down
JacksSRT8
CAMM Pro
JacksSRT8

PostSubject: Re: Bomber was bleeding while in storage   Bomber was bleeding while in storage I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2010, 6:25 pm

do you think ?whats regular warranty, I dont remember its 4 yrs old. I have the extended but it comes with a 100.00 deductable
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Bomber was bleeding while in storage   Bomber was bleeding while in storage I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2010, 6:28 pm

Hmmmm....I wonder if that's the difference. I had just the regular warranty but it happened before it ran out and they fixed it for free. This is a known problem though...they should have taken care of it for nothing.
Back to top Go down
VIKES4093
CAMM Pro
VIKES4093

PostSubject: Re: Bomber was bleeding while in storage   Bomber was bleeding while in storage I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2010, 7:13 pm

i have extended also..$200.00 dollar deductable..my transfer case leaked a couple of years ago.they replaced it..i was glad i just had to pay the deductable
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bomber was bleeding while in storage   Bomber was bleeding while in storage I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bomber was bleeding while in storage
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Engine Bay Aesthetics-
Jump to: