Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stainless grill mesh during the winter?

Go down 
+2
300Crocket
Hypnotiq
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

Stainless grill mesh during the winter?  Empty
PostSubject: Stainless grill mesh during the winter?    Stainless grill mesh during the winter?  I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2011, 1:12 pm

Hows it hold up in the winter months? Im 99% sure im gonna have to drive my car this winter and was just wondering what you guys thought.
Back to top Go down
300Crocket
CAMM Member
300Crocket

PostSubject: Re: Stainless grill mesh during the winter?    Stainless grill mesh during the winter?  I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2011, 3:10 pm

I didn't see any rust on mine over the last 4 winters.

Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Stainless grill mesh during the winter?    Stainless grill mesh during the winter?  I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2011, 3:48 pm

stainless steel shouldnt rust ever.... Id be worried about the salt causing pitting to occur, but its stainless steel, it shouldnt be a major issue.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Stainless grill mesh during the winter?    Stainless grill mesh during the winter?  I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2011, 5:01 pm

I would take it off if its not a pain in the ass. If so keep it clean because it will pitt
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Stainless grill mesh during the winter?    Stainless grill mesh during the winter?  I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2011, 5:31 pm

as long as it has good coating it shouldn't dull. I think you will be fine
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

PostSubject: Re: Stainless grill mesh during the winter?    Stainless grill mesh during the winter?  I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2011, 7:14 pm

Thanks everyone!!
Back to top Go down
djshystr
CAMM Rookie
djshystr

PostSubject: Re: Stainless grill mesh during the winter?    Stainless grill mesh during the winter?  I_icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2011, 1:03 pm

You should be fine, I had no problems with mine, just wash your car every other day if possible. That's what I do, I try to wash it every 2/3 days depending if its going to rain or not. Take it to the Algonquin Car Wash on Algonquin Rd, best $3 wash you will find.
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

PostSubject: Re: Stainless grill mesh during the winter?    Stainless grill mesh during the winter?  I_icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2011, 1:24 pm

djshystr wrote:
You should be fine, I had no problems with mine, just wash your car every other day if possible. That's what I do, I try to wash it every 2/3 days depending if its going to rain or not. Take it to the Algonquin Car Wash on Algonquin Rd, best $3 wash you will find.

Cool! Thanks for the info! Welcome to Camm!! You should make a intro thread get pics of your car up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stainless grill mesh during the winter?    Stainless grill mesh during the winter?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stainless grill mesh during the winter?
Page 1 of 1