Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

flow master super 10s

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

flow master super 10s Empty
PostSubject: flow master super 10s   flow master super 10s I_icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2011, 8:26 pm

I'm thinking about running flowmaster super 10's, high flow cats, reso delete, 3" all the way through, no tips? anyone have a similar setup? thanks ,
bill
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: flow master super 10s   flow master super 10s I_icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2011, 8:29 pm

I don't know anybody with that setup but I think with the 10s, you will get a bunch of drone and it might be too loud especially with the highflows and straight pipes out back. U might want to go with the super 40s instead.

I had the 40s with straight pipes out,back and it sounded great.

Last edited by liljoejoe54 on October 17th 2011, 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: flow master super 10s   flow master super 10s I_icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2011, 8:30 pm

I was afraid someone would say that. all the online clips I've heard sound great, but I want to hear it in person.
bill
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: flow master super 10s   flow master super 10s I_icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2011, 8:31 pm

funkpolice wrote:
I was afraid someone would say that. all the online clips I've heard sound great, but I want to hear it in person.
bill

Outside the car would sound great but inside might get annoying.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: flow master super 10s   flow master super 10s I_icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2011, 8:42 pm

if anything go 40's..i went with magnaflow cat-back
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: flow master super 10s   flow master super 10s I_icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2011, 8:47 pm

[quote]Outside the car would sound great but inside might get annoying

ha, I listen to mostly grind metal, it's pretty annoying in there most of time as it is.
bill
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: flow master super 10s   flow master super 10s I_icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2011, 12:58 pm

I dunno what it is, but to me our modern hemi doesn't sound anything like the old school motors. They do sound alot better at 1000rwp and up however. Twisted Evil Tout's, Rubbels and of course Tim's tt challenger all sound great. Tim's sounds the best and reminds me of that old school rumble.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: flow master super 10s   flow master super 10s I_icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2011, 5:40 pm

i guess that old school rumble is the sound I'm chasing. short of a 600+ hp boost any other suggestions? I'd love to do head/cam swap, but I'm broke and want a 426 first...Is there anybody in the south west burbs with high flow cats, no resonator, and the super 40s?
bill
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: flow master super 10s   flow master super 10s I_icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2011, 6:35 pm

I have the highest flow cats that you can imagine. It didn't make any difference in sound, but that isn't why I did it. I may try and figure out how to either straight pipe back to the back mufflers or just remove the rear ones. Droan seems to be the complaint in doing that.
Back to top Go down
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

PostSubject: Re: flow master super 10s   flow master super 10s I_icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2011, 7:21 pm

I'm not sure about the high flow cats, we have super 44's with no resonators and I think 2.25" pipes. I have super 44's on an Avalanche and they sound great also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: flow master super 10s   flow master super 10s I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

flow master super 10s
Page 1 of 1