Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

replacing the front struts/springs

Go down 
+2
Shawn1112
Dragond76
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dragond76
CAMM Member

replacing the front struts/springs Empty
PostSubject: replacing the front struts/springs   replacing the front struts/springs I_icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2011, 8:59 am

Alright I finally have all the new pieces for my suspension upgrade - rear nivomats and springs and front bilstein hd's and springs. How hard would it be to attempt the strut install myself? I'm fairly handy but have never messed with suspension stuff before. If it is possible for me to do this in my garage can anyone provide some direction on how to begin this endeavor?

On a side note I have a large fridge full of beer in my garage should anyone feel like assisting me with this job! =)
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: replacing the front struts/springs   replacing the front struts/springs I_icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2011, 11:49 am

Honestly if you have never done before, I would ask Adam (Moparcharger06).
Not that easy to do. If you do try to do it you will have to go buy or rent a spring compressor.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: replacing the front struts/springs   replacing the front struts/springs I_icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2011, 4:56 pm

The fronts are fairly easy and yes you will need the spring compressor. Autozone rents one. The rears are more tricky. You will need a jack and an extra person toake it easier on you. I did mine on my magnum Smile
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: replacing the front struts/springs   replacing the front struts/springs I_icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2011, 7:18 pm

Yeah, you'll need a spring compressor for the fronts, and for the rears, you gotta drop the cradle one side at a time, that way it doesn't throw off the thrust angle of you'r rear alignment
Back to top Go down
eortiz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: replacing the front struts/springs   replacing the front struts/springs I_icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2011, 8:13 pm

Adam,
Hope all is good. I have 2006 CSRT8 with 118K miles - looking to replace my shocks. I have no idea about suspension system and will stay away from the dealer. I tried to search the web for the Bilstien but I just get confuesd on options. Looking to replace with OEM equipment - but wondering why I read so many owners change the shocks from OEM? Do you know where and par number to buy what I need. I dont think I have rear leveling system ( Niovets I think that what they called) Never seen the car level from the rear. I'm sure just your standard shocks. Any ideas?
Thanks
Eddie
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: replacing the front struts/springs   replacing the front struts/springs I_icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2011, 3:53 pm

HemiMag wrote:
The fronts are fairly easy and yes you will need the spring compressor. Autozone rents one. The rears are more tricky. You will need a jack and an extra person toake it easier on you. I did mine on my magnum Smile

I did my rears alone. Piece of cake, if your strong enough. Right through the wheel well.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: replacing the front struts/springs   replacing the front struts/springs I_icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2011, 10:39 pm

To be honest, I am not really too sure about the difference between Novimats and Billstiens, What part number you needing? The part number for the stock replacements?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: replacing the front struts/springs   replacing the front struts/springs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

replacing the front struts/springs
Page 1 of 1