Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!

Go down 
+18
Shawn1112
stairman
clj17
inkedup
Pomps
vagrant
jontoad
Headtripp
moros323
KevinDSClark
Moparcharger07
Razor
AlterEgo
Iguanaman
liljoejoe54
eviltrycycle
VIKES4093
firestartr420
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening! Empty
PostSubject: Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!   Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening! I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2011, 4:12 pm

bump!!! My roommate and I were talking about this the other night. Thought maybe id revive the thread again... nows the time we should start planning something. There should be a route, taking back country roads in the first post i made about this last fall, but if anyone from down that way might know a different, more scenic or fun route, feel free to make the suggestion. I think it would be really cool if we could get a huge turn out for this drive during october and the fall color changes.

Last edited by AlterEgo on October 3rd 2011, 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added to calendar)
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!   Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening! I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2011, 4:25 pm

Looking at the calendar, hearing what everyone had to say on a day, its looking like probably Sunday October 9th or Sunday October 16th would be the best days to plan this, for when the colors are at their peak.
Back to top Go down
VIKES4093
CAMM Pro
VIKES4093

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!   Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening! I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2011, 5:07 pm

sounds good to me
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!   Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening! I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2011, 6:10 pm

16th and you all can sing happy (early) birthday to me.
Actually either day will be awesome!
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!   Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening! I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2011, 6:32 pm

If I sell my Charger, I dont think my hoopty will make it, lol. I can borrow my brothers Jeep though im sure. October sounds good to me, this way the leaves will be turning colors and we can get some really nice pics.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!   Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening! I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2011, 6:51 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
If I sell my Charger, I dont think my hoopty will make it, lol. I can borrow my brothers Jeep though im sure. October sounds good to me, this way the leaves will be turning colors and we can get some really nice pics.

thats exactly my thinking on this.... the fall colors would be great for pictures!
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!   Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening! I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2011, 7:03 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:

If I go and you sell your charger, I will give you a lift. But then you have to hold me around the waist like yer my Harley bitch.
Back to top Go down
VIKES4093
CAMM Pro
VIKES4093

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!   Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening! I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2011, 7:55 pm

now that would be a great picture lol!
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!   Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening! I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2011, 10:27 pm

I would love to go! The Lake Geneva cruise was fun and I wanna do it again!!

I'm in for whatever day .... Joey, you can ride with me or Vic! LOL
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!   Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening! I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2011, 10:31 pm

Iguanaman wrote:
liljoejoe54 wrote:

If I go and you sell your charger, I will give you a lift. But then you have to hold me around the waist like yer my Harley bitch.

Lol. I actually just got back from the dealership. I dont want to jinx anything but things are looking real good. Ill know for sure tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Razor
CAMM Pro
Razor

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!   Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening! I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2011, 11:28 pm

I am definitely in
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!   Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening! I_icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2011, 9:07 am

so, there seems to be enough intrest in this.... what day is best for you?! October 9th or October 16th?! Those who want to go, and need time off of work, now would be the time to start requesting it.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!   Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening! I_icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2011, 10:31 am

9th would be better I think, I have a wedding on the 14th and not sure if I will be recovered by that Sunday. Smile Plus you can use the 16th as a rain/ back up date.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!   Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening! I_icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2011, 10:36 am

eviltrycycle wrote:
9th would be better I think, I have a wedding on the 14th and not sure if I will be recovered by that Sunday. Smile Plus you can use the 16th as a rain/ back up date.

Lol x's 2.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!   Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening! I_icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2011, 6:09 pm

sounds good to me... October 9th it is... meet up in the late morning? like maybe 11, and then roll out at 1130? google maps says the drive is like 2 hour and 25 min from Orland Park, however, we might be able to set up a different meeting point. However since im not from down that way, I dont really know where a good place to meet up would be.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!   Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening! I_icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2011, 11:25 pm

AlterEgo wrote:

We should TOTALLY have another cruise out there
Back to top Go down
Razor
CAMM Pro
Razor

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!   Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening! I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2011, 6:07 am

Moparcharger06 wrote:
AlterEgo wrote:

We should TOTALLY have another cruise out there
I would be in for that too. That was when i first got my car and i was upset that i couldnt go.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!   Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2011, 12:45 am

Bump to the top for the new members who might be interested
Back to top Go down
KevinDSClark
CAMM Pro
KevinDSClark

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!   Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2011, 7:35 am

So who all is going so far? I still need to check a few things to make sure but I should be in as well.
Back to top Go down
VIKES4093
CAMM Pro
VIKES4093

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!   Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2011, 8:56 am

im in for the 9th
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!   Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2011, 11:14 am

so far it looks like we've got these people who said they were in...

Firestartr420
Razor
Vikes4093
eviltrycycle
headtripp
AlterEgo
jontoad?
vagrant?

with a few people who said they were interested. Ill keep bumping the thread to try and build a larger group. I think it would be awesome if we could like 10-15 cars at least on this!

Last edited by firestartr420 on September 26th 2011, 11:21 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : added to list)
Back to top Go down
moros323
CAMM Pro
moros323

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!   Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2011, 5:57 pm

I think that would be awesome and no need for a place to eat we could cook out at the park as well as make a fire if it is chilly! Hell next summer should plan a cruise there and camp over night drink some beers!!
Back to top Go down
moros323
CAMM Pro
moros323

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!   Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2011, 5:58 pm

Hell 50 cars would be awesome if we could pull it off!!
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!   Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2011, 9:18 am

Tom I am going to split this thread off and add it to the calendar for you.

Count me in as well. Just need to post up a meeting place and time for sure.

Joey I have no problem coming and picking you up too, we need our CAMM photographer!
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!   Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2011, 5:44 pm

thanks crystal!! Here is the Google Maps Directionsfrom the route I took last year. For a meeting spot, Ill suggest the Sams Club at I-80 and Larkin (where we were supposed to meet for the Morris Cruise Night). Although if anyone has a different suggestion on a meeting spot or even a slightly different route, im all for everyones opinion. If nobody comes up with anything, we'll just stick to the current planned route, and meet up at the Sams Club. Im thinking we meet up around 11 am, and roll out around 1130am. Google says this route will take 2.5 hours, which would put us at the park around 2pm. Plenty of time to walk around, take in the sights, as well as have some good photo ops.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!   Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next