Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend

Go down 
+10
soundsaved
Admin
jontoad
Mad Hatter
chargerchick
Hoodie
HiPwr
irishrt5.7
HemiMag
ChiTownHemi
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend Empty
PostSubject: SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend   SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend I_icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2009, 9:39 pm

Anyone going this weekend? I'm heading there tomorrow. Really looking forward to it. Fri and Sat are full but they still have openings for Sun. I'll be recruiting new CAMM members while there.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend   SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend I_icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2009, 9:43 pm

I know of a Twin Screw S/C SRT8 that should be there Monday???How much is it for spectators???
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PostSubject: Re: SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend   SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend I_icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2009, 9:57 pm

HemiMag24s wrote:
I know of a Twin Screw S/C SRT8 that should be there Monday???How much is it for spectators???

Web site says $60 for spectators which includes lunch and a ride on the track (hot laps) with a professional driver at the end of the day.

Also - I don't see anything on the schedule for Monday but maybe so. All I saw was Fri, Sat and Sun.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend   SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend I_icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2009, 10:05 pm

wow I sure don't have that type of cash...
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PostSubject: Re: SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend   SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend I_icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2009, 10:09 pm

HemiMag24s wrote:
wow I sure don't have that type of cash...

I know... it's crazy. The SRT Track Experience cost is $500 for the day. It's included in the cost of a new SRT so I HAVE to take advantage of this.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend   SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend I_icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2009, 8:37 am

wow well let us know how it was...
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PostSubject: Re: SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend   SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend I_icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2009, 7:22 pm

HemiMag24s wrote:

Well.. you were right. They are running through Monday.

It was a blast even though we had SHITTY conditions. It rained on us all freakin day so that made everything a challenge. The drag races were almost a complete waste because everyone was just spinnin tires (except for the Jeep SRT8's which were absolutely unbelievable). They ran Chally vs. Chally, Jeep vs. Jeep, Charger vs. Charger and 300c vs 300c. I only lost one race out of 5 so felt pretty good about that given it was my first time racing (rep to Jontoad for all the tips). I was the first one to run and the guy that I went up against waited for the green before he hit it. Needless to say he got smoked cheers

There were 60 people there split up into 2 teams. Our team (Shake 'n Bake) won the team autocross challenge. It was a blast running the little SRT4's on the autocross. Then they let us do our last autocross run in the Jeep which should have been quicker but with autocross and wet pavement don't mix well with a 4,000lb beast. People were slidin' all over the place.

The road course was probably the biggest disappointment because you could only really get it up to about 80 in the straight away with how wet it was but it really gave you an appreciation for how well the traction control systems work in these cars. I've never REALLY tested it out before on my car in wet conditions so it was good to be able to really hammer it and see how well it performs (especially on someone else's car).

I'll post up a couple pics later on.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend   SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend I_icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2009, 7:43 pm

Well im glad you had a good time even though the weather conditions sucked... i bet it was fun though...
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend   SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend I_icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2009, 7:48 pm

ChiTownHemi wrote:
I know... it's crazy. The SRT Track Experience cost is $500 for the day. It's included in the cost of a new SRT so I HAVE to take advantage of this.

How does that work? My car has the SRT Experience listed in the build sheet and I know that the previous owner didn't use it, but does it extend out to new owners until it is used?
Back to top Go down
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

PostSubject: Re: SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend   SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend I_icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2009, 8:08 pm

Sounds like it was a blast.. That's pretty much the reaction I've heard from everyone who has ever done it..
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PostSubject: Re: SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend   SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend I_icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2009, 8:09 pm

HiPwr wrote:
ChiTownHemi wrote:

How does that work? My car has the SRT Experience listed in the build sheet and I know that the previous owner didn't use it, but does it extend out to new owners until it is used?

If the original owner did not use it then you an use it as long as it is within 2 years of when the car was purchased by the original owner. There was a guy there today that was the 2nd owner of a Charger - same deal as you. Go online to the web site (I don't remember the site, just google it), and register the VIN on the site. I think they have another one coming up this fall at Road America. One of the instructors said that Road America is the favorite course of all them. I wish I had waited to go to that one. I'd say even if it's past the two year mark, go ahead and register anyway and see if it will still accept you. It's worth the try. It was A LOT of fun.
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PostSubject: Re: SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend   SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend I_icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2009, 8:15 pm

Here are some pics:

Team Shake 'n Bake
SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend 613595735_2NpYA-XL

Full Throttle Challenge (drag race)
SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend 613595792_YHhZb-XL

Road Course (it was POURING on us)
SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend 613595908_rZXqm-XL

Viper ACR
SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend 613595961_Nhprs-XL
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend   SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend I_icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2009, 8:29 pm

OMG that viper is GORGEOUS! Smile
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend   SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend I_icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2009, 10:49 pm

So that's where all the unsold SRT Plums went!

You guys with SRTs better take advantage of this if you haven't!
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend   SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend I_icon_minitimeAugust 8th 2009, 6:26 am

Mad Hatter wrote:

plum's were 07 only. those have 09 wheels and i think they are the dark blue color that was new for this year. pictures just make them look plum.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend   SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend I_icon_minitimeAugust 8th 2009, 11:53 am

Wow! Very cool...
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend   SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend I_icon_minitimeAugust 8th 2009, 8:17 pm

jontoad wrote:
Mad Hatter wrote:

plum's were 07 only. those have 09 wheels and i think they are the dark blue color that was new for this year. pictures just make them look plum.

Ok, then those were the '09 DWB SRTs then! Yeah they did look like Plums. Sometimes our Pics come out looking like that when there's lil sun.
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PostSubject: Re: SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend   SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend I_icon_minitimeAugust 8th 2009, 10:32 pm

Mad Hatter wrote:

Nope. No plums at this event. Would have been cool though. I've never driven a plum!!
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend   SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend I_icon_minitimeAugust 8th 2009, 11:08 pm

I have. It's great. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend   SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend I_icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2009, 12:16 am

chargerchick wrote:
I have. It's great. Very Happy

I second THAT!
Back to top Go down
soundsaved
CAMM Member
soundsaved

PostSubject: Re: SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend   SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2010, 8:33 pm

ChiTownHemi wrote:
HemiMag24s wrote:

Well.. you were right. They are running through Monday.

It was a blast even though we had SHITTY conditions. It rained on us all freakin day so that made everything a challenge. The drag races were almost a complete waste because everyone was just spinnin tires (except for the Jeep SRT8's which were absolutely unbelievable). They ran Chally vs. Chally, Jeep vs. Jeep, Charger vs. Charger and 300c vs 300c. I only lost one race out of 5 so felt pretty good about that given it was my first time racing (rep to Jontoad for all the tips). I was the first one to run and the guy that I went up against waited for the green before he hit it. Needless to say he got smoked cheers

There were 60 people there split up into 2 teams. Our team (Shake 'n Bake) won the team autocross challenge. It was a blast running the little SRT4's on the autocross. Then they let us do our last autocross run in the Jeep which should have been quicker but with autocross and wet pavement don't mix well with a 4,000lb beast. People were slidin' all over the place.

The road course was probably the biggest disappointment because you could only really get it up to about 80 in the straight away with how wet it was but it really gave you an appreciation for how well the traction control systems work in these cars. I've never REALLY tested it out before on my car in wet conditions so it was good to be able to really hammer it and see how well it performs (especially on someone else's car).

I'll post up a couple pics later on.

Dude, I went Sunday, and it was a blast....
I was on Hammer team, we lost in the team challange tho. I had best of day on the autocross 28.765 but i stopped out of the box so that cost me the win.
we ran the challys and the jeep on the autocross. then the head-to-head challenge in the challys as well, i lost in the finals for first place just because i stopped outside the box again. lol. everybody said i have problems breaking. haha i dont use brakes ahahha. then the laps around the track were great too, got to drive all 4 cars four timestimes, just because a lot of people didnt show so we had extra time on the track.
best time tho!!! and great weather. I told you we shoulda went sunday Smile
i dont know if its worth $500 tho, but since it was free then oh well Smile
Back to top Go down
four26
CAMM Rookie
four26

PostSubject: Re: SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend   SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend I_icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2010, 4:51 pm

Damn, I missed the one in Joliet, but I am going to the one on Sept 29 in Elkhart Lake Wisc. I never used the SRT experiance when car was purchased in 06. Went to drivesrt.com, put in my VIN, and it let me register.

Anyone thinking about going?
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend   SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend I_icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2010, 7:16 pm

Ron, there were quite a few of us that hit the Joliet Autobahn. I went on Friday 13th and 2 others from CAMM. Damn, you are right there too. Elkhart should be excellent though.
Back to top Go down
Rudedog74
CAMM Member
Rudedog74

PostSubject: Re: SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend   SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend I_icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2010, 8:17 pm

VERY TEMPTING to do the Elkhart Lake one too
Turns out the SRT Experiance was never redeemed on my New (Used) Car either
I typed my vin in on the site and it gave me the openings still available
what to do what to do LOL
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend   SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend I_icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2010, 8:31 pm

rudy you should go! car control school in someone else's car for free!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend   SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SRT Track Experience - Joliet Autobahn this weekend
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next