Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shorty Headers

Go down 
+7
Illinois Chaos
jontoad
HemiMag
irishrt5.7
Okie6.1
Shawn1112
Hurst Pak
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hurst Pak
CAMM Pro
Hurst Pak

Shorty Headers  Empty
PostSubject: Shorty Headers    Shorty Headers  I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2011, 5:08 pm

I have been looking at some Shorty Headers JBA-1964S-1JT

My question : Is it worth the extra money to get the coated headers ? will the heat off the un-coated headers be that much more ?

does it matter either way

Thanks for you input

Paul
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Shorty Headers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shorty Headers    Shorty Headers  I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2011, 6:16 pm

Hurst Pak wrote:
I have been looking at some Shorty Headers JBA-1964S-1JT

My question : Is it worth the extra money to get the coated headers ? will the heat off the un-coated headers be that much more ?

does it matter either way

Thanks for you input

Paul
From what I gathered before I bought my headers, you want them coated. I cant remember the exact reasons why, it was 2yrs ago. I would spend the extra for the coating, I think mine are ceramic coated.
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

Shorty Headers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shorty Headers    Shorty Headers  I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2011, 6:29 pm

Coating prolongs the life of the header and keeps engine bay temps down.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

Shorty Headers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shorty Headers    Shorty Headers  I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2011, 6:35 pm

yes you want them coated.... you would be amazed at how hot the underhood temps get when there not coated.... and like okie stated it prolongs the life of the header as well...
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

Shorty Headers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shorty Headers    Shorty Headers  I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2011, 7:05 pm

Yes coating helps more than you can think of...plus the look nicer in the engine bay
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

Shorty Headers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shorty Headers    Shorty Headers  I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2011, 7:09 pm

wish i would have coated the jba shortys i have on my truck if that tells you anything... rust color headers kinda suck.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

Shorty Headers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shorty Headers    Shorty Headers  I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2011, 7:38 pm

jontoad wrote:
wish i would have coated the jba shortys i have on my truck if that tells you anything... rust color headers kinda suck.

You still can,check out Hardaway Customs(however u spell it lol) they offer jet coating that's even better than any company out there
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

Shorty Headers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shorty Headers    Shorty Headers  I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2011, 7:41 pm

HemiMag wrote:
jontoad wrote:

You still can,check out Hardaway Customs(however u spell it lol) they offer jet coating that's even better than any company out there

not gonna spend money on that now. I'll get long tube headers when i build a motor for that truck someday anyways.
Back to top Go down
Hurst Pak
CAMM Pro
Hurst Pak

Shorty Headers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shorty Headers    Shorty Headers  I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2011, 7:47 pm

O.K. then I just ordered the set
thanks for the help

I need to get into the 12 step program for Mod addiction.

Just this past two months
1- gear shift handle
2 - hood venting system
3 - Mopar hood pins
4 - sequential turn signals
5 - BT Fender mount Catch can
6 - 6 sp shift boot
7- Predator & interface
8 - Shorty headers
9 - Jet 180 stat
and if I know myself , and I do.. likely Highflow Cats & mid-pipes

oh yea . after all that a trip to see Tim for a Dyno tune

I have O.C.D. Obsessive Challenger Disorder

The 12 Steps

Step 1 - We admitted we were powerless over our Mod addiction - that our lives had become unmanageable
Step 2 - Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity
Step 3 - Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood God
Step 4 - Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of Mods
Step 5 - Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our Mods
Step 6 - Were entirely ready to have God remove all these Modifications
Step 7 - Humbly asked God to remove our credit card privileges
Step 8 - Made a list of all persons we had smoked, and became willing to make amends to them all
Step 9 - Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except if it was a Mustang or Camaro
Step 10 - Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it, except to our spouse.
Step 11 - Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our 1/4 time , praying only for knowledge of air to fuel mixture.
Step 12 - Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other addicts, and to practice these principles at the track.

Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Shorty Headers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shorty Headers    Shorty Headers  I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2011, 7:50 pm

Why not do the high flows and mids at the same time? Will be a hell of a lot easier
Back to top Go down
Hurst Pak
CAMM Pro
Hurst Pak

Shorty Headers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shorty Headers    Shorty Headers  I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2011, 7:57 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Why not do the high flows and mids at the same time? Will be a hell of a lot easier

Ok let me get you credit card number .. LOL

Ohh ...I see your an enabler .. affraid
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

Shorty Headers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shorty Headers    Shorty Headers  I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2011, 8:06 pm

I agree with Shawn you should do high flows cats and mids at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Shorty Headers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shorty Headers    Shorty Headers  I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2011, 8:46 pm

Hurst Pak wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:

Ok let me get you credit card number .. LOL

Ohh ...I see your an enabler .. affraid
Whats a credit card?????
Back to top Go down
Hurst Pak
CAMM Pro
Hurst Pak

Shorty Headers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shorty Headers    Shorty Headers  I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2011, 8:38 pm

OK so the JBA'S arrived today . I gotta say very pleased with Autopartsdealer.com was best price & were here in 2 days.

So i have completed the drivers side . real time about 3 hours. I have no lift, no power tools .All by hand ( used to that been married for 18 years LOL)

In my small garage
Shorty Headers  395788534

Mid pipes out - High flows with Cats will be here Monday from Maryland speed.
Shorty Headers  395788533

the rest of exhaust on floor
Shorty Headers  395788727

Compare OEM manifold to JBA header
Shorty Headers  395788524
Shorty Headers  395788523

LT (drivers side) Head ports
Shorty Headers  395788532
Shorty Headers  395788531

Lt Header installed
Shorty Headers  395788525

Let me tell you it was hard to do on the floor but I was quoted $1200.00 from one place & $1000.00 from another

With a lift , air tools & an extra pair of hands it would be done in 3 hours VS one side.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

Shorty Headers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shorty Headers    Shorty Headers  I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2011, 8:49 pm

looking good so far... wait till you step it up to long tubes... makes shorties a walk in the park...
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Shorty Headers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shorty Headers    Shorty Headers  I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2011, 9:25 pm

Nice work there Paul. Have you made a reservation for the Hospital Clinic for Pain yet? lol.
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

Shorty Headers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shorty Headers    Shorty Headers  I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2011, 9:27 pm

Im curious what the difference with the headers are compared to the stockers performance wise. Is it worth it on our cars?
Back to top Go down
Hurst Pak
CAMM Pro
Hurst Pak

Shorty Headers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shorty Headers    Shorty Headers  I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2011, 9:22 am

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Nice work there Paul. Have you made a reservation for the Hospital Clinic for Pain yet? lol.

OMG I am sore today for sure. and one more side left

Advil please.
Back to top Go down
Hurst Pak
CAMM Pro
Hurst Pak

Shorty Headers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shorty Headers    Shorty Headers  I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2011, 9:23 am

jesse031081 wrote:
Im curious what the difference with the headers are compared to the stockers performance wise. Is it worth it on our cars?

I am sure someone can answer that from this site . I did a google search did find some info .
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

Shorty Headers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shorty Headers    Shorty Headers  I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2011, 10:16 am

def a difference in sound performance etc... same as strapping an intake on the car... in order to get more power the car needs more flow... headers alone make a difference but not a significant one... the high flow cats and cat back really complete the package to get the air out...
Back to top Go down
Dave13
CAMM Member

Shorty Headers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shorty Headers    Shorty Headers  I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2011, 10:43 am

I would think the right (passenger) side would be easier seeing you don't have to deal with the steering column. Props for doing it yourself. I would also like to know real time performance numbers.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

Shorty Headers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shorty Headers    Shorty Headers  I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2011, 10:59 am

Performance wise, those headers will help the air flow out because of the way the they are made and how they allow the exhaust to exit the car. Here is a video from Two Guys Garage, he starts explaining how the set up works around the 5 min mark. But either way, this is a great video for explaining how the headers actually make a difference from stock. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8VlynaUVO8
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Shorty Headers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shorty Headers    Shorty Headers  I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2011, 12:34 pm

Shorty headers peak in torque in the first 1/8th mile at WOT. Long tubes give you more power towards the big end.
Back to top Go down
Dave13
CAMM Member

Shorty Headers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shorty Headers    Shorty Headers  I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2011, 3:52 pm

For street use, short headers are the way to go. More power, and easier to install. Those of us that have swapped a starter with long tube headers will agree.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

Shorty Headers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shorty Headers    Shorty Headers  I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2011, 4:34 pm

Wow that's crazy,props to you for getting it started !!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shorty Headers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shorty Headers    Shorty Headers  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shorty Headers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next