Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New brakes ordered...

Go down 
+4
Okie6.1
HemiMag
The Black Stig
goldberg1701
8 posters
AuthorMessage
goldberg1701
CAMM Pro
goldberg1701

New brakes ordered... Empty
PostSubject: New brakes ordered...   New brakes ordered... I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2010, 9:33 am

Finally time to replace my worn out stockers...got 56,000 on them, and I can feel some strangeness going on in them (mushy in the rain, "popping" at low speeds when parking). Ordered the Stoptech pads and the R1 Concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors.

Now I just gotta find either the time and help do to it (never done rotors before), or find a good place to do it for me.

Definitely gotta be able to stop in winter...LOL

Just tossing this out there...realized I forgot to post this up on CAMM, and I had only done it on the ForumZ...oops!
Back to top Go down
The Black Stig
Supporting Vendor
The Black Stig

PostSubject: Re: New brakes ordered...   New brakes ordered... I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2010, 10:45 am

wave
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: New brakes ordered...   New brakes ordered... I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2010, 12:18 pm

Well since you're not that far from me I'd be willing to give you a hand on the weekend once they get here.I replaced mine in the Magnum and my Jeep Commander to dimpled and slotted rotors and I love them
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: New brakes ordered...   New brakes ordered... I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2010, 12:53 pm

Please check the rotors over when you get them look for cracks etc. I hope you have better luck with you set than I have had. R1 customer service has been great but product is so so. Let me know if you develop a ticking in the front brakes like I have. Head Bang
New brakes ordered... 73933_1578404471977_1591597014_1346222_2684613_n
Back to top Go down
The Black Stig
Supporting Vendor
The Black Stig

PostSubject: Re: New brakes ordered...   New brakes ordered... I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2010, 2:32 pm

you got the replacments yet?
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: New brakes ordered...   New brakes ordered... I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2010, 5:18 pm

Not yet but they are shipped.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: New brakes ordered...   New brakes ordered... I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2010, 5:33 pm

Rotors are an easy job!! they just pull right off... unless our's are like some fords and have the wheel bearing pressed into the rotor, but i dont think thats the case with ours...
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: New brakes ordered...   New brakes ordered... I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2010, 5:54 pm

They are easy my concern is with the R1 rotors. My brakes have given me hell and still continue to do so.
Back to top Go down
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

PostSubject: Re: New brakes ordered...   New brakes ordered... I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2010, 6:18 pm

super easy a few hours, remove the old pads and rotors, remove the caliper slide pins and clean and lube, put it all back and torque 'em down. break in the pads according to manufactures specs.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: New brakes ordered...   New brakes ordered... I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2010, 7:43 pm

I told you my garage is available for some Modelo. I did mine myself, but I dont have the fancy Brembo's. I'm sure its pretty much the same.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: New brakes ordered...   New brakes ordered... I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2010, 8:27 pm

the brembo brakes are super easy. much easer than the 5.7 ones. the pads are quick change style. take a punch and push the pins out and the pads just slide out like cartridges. lol. the rotors just take two bolts to remove the entire caliper assembly. if your pedal feels mushy i would bleed all new fluid into your system.

i did my rotors in my shop when i was bolting up my race tires one day. my boss didn't even know i did it. took me 10 minutes to do both rotors on the front.

F.Y.I. in the future just get the factory SRT rotors online from rockauto or moparsupercenter. fancy ones are a waste of money and factory rotors have been proven to last just as long for road racers. our cars are just too heavy to make expensive rotors worth it, you will eat them up just as quick. moparsupercenter has them for like 70 bux each and they will ship from the nearest dodge dealers mopar warehouse so you will get them quick.

pads video....

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New brakes ordered...   New brakes ordered... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New brakes ordered...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Wheels and Suspension-
Jump to: