Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Wheels Ordered

Go down 
+6
irishrt5.7
chargerchick
Moparcharger07
Shawn1112
TheDarkKnight
ttruckinon
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ttruckinon
CAMM Pro
ttruckinon

New Wheels Ordered Empty
PostSubject: New Wheels Ordered   New Wheels Ordered I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2009, 12:31 pm

Well, last Monday I sold one of my bikes and it left me with $$$ to spend on wheels and tires. I could have stayed with my stock wheels, they look ok and nothing wrong with them but my tires are toast after a track day at Grattan Raceway. Since I had the money though I decided to get what I wanted. In any case here are the wheels I am getting.

New Wheels Ordered AmericanEagleWheelBlackFinishBoss33

I was going for a "classic" muscle car look and these fit the bill. They are 18X9.5 and I want the widest tire I can fit without rubbing. Any recomendations for tires?

Now if I can sell my other bike I will be looking at heads, cam and headers. I think I need to see a doctor and try to cure the "Moditis" I am afflicted with.......NOT!
Back to top Go down
TheDarkKnight
CAMM Pro
TheDarkKnight

New Wheels Ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wheels Ordered   New Wheels Ordered I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2009, 3:27 pm

Those are nice!!!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

New Wheels Ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wheels Ordered   New Wheels Ordered I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2009, 4:47 pm

Nice rims, when do you get them?
Back to top Go down
ttruckinon
CAMM Pro
ttruckinon

New Wheels Ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wheels Ordered   New Wheels Ordered I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2009, 5:04 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:

7-10 days by UPS.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

New Wheels Ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wheels Ordered   New Wheels Ordered I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2009, 5:06 pm

ttruckinon wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:

7-10 days by UPS.
Kool cant wait to see them mounted!
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

New Wheels Ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wheels Ordered   New Wheels Ordered I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2009, 6:44 pm

Those look GREAT man!!!! If ya need em mounted let me know!!! Thats what I do!!! LOL
Back to top Go down
ttruckinon
CAMM Pro
ttruckinon

New Wheels Ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wheels Ordered   New Wheels Ordered I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2009, 7:15 pm

Moparcharger06 wrote:
Those look GREAT man!!!! If ya need em mounted let me know!!! Thats what I do!!! LOL

Thanks. I still need to figure out what tires to go with. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

New Wheels Ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wheels Ordered   New Wheels Ordered I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2009, 8:00 pm

Well I LOVE them! Those are the ones I wanted but were too expensive. Smile
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

New Wheels Ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wheels Ordered   New Wheels Ordered I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2009, 8:01 pm

I have Toyo Proxes4 on mine, in a 20" size. I BELIEVE you may have saw them at the Firestone show. BUT I can look some up and hook ya up at a VERY good price!!! I can let you know 2morow once I get to work, I don't have the passwords saved to my home computer LOL BUT as for size, could PROBABLY go with a 255/55R18 size I THINK. It would have a "beefier" look
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

New Wheels Ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wheels Ordered   New Wheels Ordered I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2009, 8:04 pm

Moparcharger06 wrote:
I have Toyo Proxes4 on mine, in a 20" size. I BELIEVE you may have saw them at the Firestone show. BUT I can look some up and hook ya up at a VERY good price!!! I can let you know 2morow once I get to work, I don't have the passwords saved to my home computer LOL BUT as for size, could PROBABLY go with a 255/55R18 size I THINK. It would have a "beefier" look

X2 would look much better i compared the 2 sizes side by side and that is what i will be going w/ for mine much beefier looking...it is amazing how much better the wider tires look compared to stock size...
Back to top Go down
ttruckinon
CAMM Pro
ttruckinon

New Wheels Ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wheels Ordered   New Wheels Ordered I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2009, 9:23 pm

Moparcharger06 wrote:

No rush. I leaave for work in the AM and I don't get home till Saturday or Sunday. I was thinking of Good Year F1's. Good reveiws on Tire Racks web page.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

New Wheels Ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wheels Ordered   New Wheels Ordered I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2009, 11:52 pm

i love those wheels! i almost bout the gray ones not too long ago!
Back to top Go down
ttruckinon
CAMM Pro
ttruckinon

New Wheels Ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wheels Ordered   New Wheels Ordered I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 5:19 am

chargerchick wrote:
Well I LOVE them! Those are the ones I wanted but were too expensive. Smile

They weren't bad, $693 for the set including shipping. 20's are probably a little more.
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

New Wheels Ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wheels Ordered   New Wheels Ordered I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 9:27 am

Oh I had them confused with the Foose wheels. That's a great price!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

New Wheels Ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wheels Ordered   New Wheels Ordered I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 1:06 pm

Can't see the pics (photobucket and the ship don't really work), what wheels are they?
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

New Wheels Ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wheels Ordered   New Wheels Ordered I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 7:21 pm

I thought they were Foose but I think they are Boss. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

New Wheels Ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wheels Ordered   New Wheels Ordered I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 9:42 pm

Im surprised you didn't find some with Red somewhere on them! Maybe you can get some Redline tires!
Back to top Go down
Dalegit1
CAMM Pro
Dalegit1

New Wheels Ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wheels Ordered   New Wheels Ordered I_icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2009, 9:50 am

Nice wheels ...
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

New Wheels Ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wheels Ordered   New Wheels Ordered I_icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2009, 1:48 am

You find tires yet? waiting to see them mounted.

Since you needed New Rubber, why didn't you upgrade to 20"s?
Back to top Go down
ttruckinon
CAMM Pro
ttruckinon

New Wheels Ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wheels Ordered   New Wheels Ordered I_icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2009, 1:03 am

Mad Hatter wrote:

Not a fan of the oversized tire thing. I like the 18's just fine.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

New Wheels Ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wheels Ordered   New Wheels Ordered I_icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2009, 8:54 am

ttruckinon wrote:
Mad Hatter wrote:

i really wanted to stay with 18s, but then i started thinking about someday improving the braking system. well i found that there are no other setups that will work behind 18s. hence i go 20s.
Back to top Go down
ttruckinon
CAMM Pro
ttruckinon

New Wheels Ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wheels Ordered   New Wheels Ordered I_icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2009, 9:16 am

ghost wrote:
ttruckinon wrote:
Mad Hatter wrote:

i really wanted to stay with 18s, but then i started thinking about someday improving the braking system. well i found that there are no other setups that will work behind 18s. hence i go 20s.

Good point but I have no plans to upgrade the brakes other than maybe braided stainless steel lines.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

New Wheels Ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wheels Ordered   New Wheels Ordered I_icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2009, 11:21 am

ttruckinon wrote:
ghost wrote:
ttruckinon wrote:
Mad Hatter wrote:

Good point but I have no plans to upgrade the brakes other than maybe braided stainless steel lines.
good stuff, those are going to look hot!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Wheels Ordered Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wheels Ordered   New Wheels Ordered I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Wheels Ordered
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Wheels and Suspension-
Jump to: