Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor

Go down 
+7
eviltrycycle
Illinois Chaos
The Black Stig
ghost
Hypnotiq
Illini 300C
otter1363
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
otter1363
CAMM Pro
otter1363

Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor Empty
PostSubject: 2011 chally drag pak frap frap frap frap.....   Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 9:27 am

http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/challenger/V10.html

V10 FTW cheers
Back to top Go down
Illini 300C
CAMM Pro
Illini 300C

PostSubject: Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor   Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 11:04 am

Vrooom-Vrroooooom

Looks like 70 will be made. Who on these forums is gonna sell the house and children to get one?

Starting MSRP is $85,xxx.
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor   Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 11:09 am

damn thats nice
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor   Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 11:24 am

holy fucking shit balls, me likey
Back to top Go down
The Black Stig
Supporting Vendor
The Black Stig

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor   Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 11:46 am

Is that street legal?

And Does anyone need some people knocked off? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor   Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 1:05 pm

fuck me!
Back to top Go down
otter1363
CAMM Pro
otter1363

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor   Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 1:27 pm

you headed up to GLP next week?
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor   Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 2:07 pm

That is a pretty engine bay.
Back to top Go down
The Black Stig
Supporting Vendor
The Black Stig

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor   Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 2:27 pm

ummm double post??

http://www.chicagolandareamodernmopars.com/mopar-news-f40/mopar-official-challenger-with-viper-motor-t4281.htm#75234
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor   Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 2:39 pm

Good catch merging the two.

A little off today....
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor   Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 4:37 pm

otter1363 wrote:
you headed up to GLP next week?

yup, but I'm thinking Tues. now. There aren't all of those trailer queens. Maybe go both night's if I can get enough work done.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor   Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 4:38 pm

There are 9 million posts about this all over the LX, lol.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor   Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 5:35 pm

The Black Stig wrote:
Is that street legal?

I doubt it will be street legal..... Polycarbonate Windows, or a mesh screen...... Front Brakes only...... sounds like its track only....
Back to top Go down
The Black Stig
Supporting Vendor
The Black Stig

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor   Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 5:52 pm

firestartr420 wrote:
The Black Stig wrote:
Is that street legal?

I doubt it will be street legal..... Polycarbonate Windows, or a mesh screen...... Front Brakes only...... sounds like its track only....

I doubt if it only has front brakes only, it said "drag-race only front brake assembly". You still get a window you can get a mesh screen to go with it though...

IMHO @ double the first drag pack it should be some type of street-able. I guess we will have see they haven't said anything about about a vin yet so....
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor   Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 7:18 pm

does hoosier make daily street tires?
Back to top Go down
The Black Stig
Supporting Vendor
The Black Stig

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor   Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 7:34 pm

Yup
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor   Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 8:13 pm

Ya but not in my size...
Back to top Go down
The Black Stig
Supporting Vendor
The Black Stig

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor   Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 8:16 pm

inkedup wrote:
Ya but not in my size...

Lol you looked HINT there are barely if any race tires in 20''+
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor   Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 8:18 pm

I just liked the Hoosier lettering. On the sides.I need new tires but I want some that actually grip the pavement
Back to top Go down
The Black Stig
Supporting Vendor
The Black Stig

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor   Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 8:23 pm

inkedup wrote:
I just liked the Hoosier lettering. On the sides.I need new tires but I want some that actually grip the pavement

I consider my self a tire god, what are you looking for out of the tires? do you drive this car in the winter? what do you want most Dry grip wet grip? about how long do you want them to last?
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor   Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 8:27 pm

I currently have nitro nt05 on now.I don't use them in the winter .so yes summer tires.I want dry grip mostly but control on wet roads I have 20x8.5 in front and 20x10 in rear...and my cars lowered
Back to top Go down
The Black Stig
Supporting Vendor
The Black Stig

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor   Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 8:50 pm

inkedup wrote:
I currently have nitro nt05 on now.I don't use them in the winter .so yes summer tires.I want dry grip mostly but control on wet roads I have 20x8.5 in front and 20x10 in rear...and my cars lowered

that doesn't help Give me the number off the side of your tires front and rear

example 225/50R16 92S unless you know your profile
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor   Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 9:07 pm

275/40/20 rear and 255/45/20 front.they look weird sometimes cause of the tire height differnce.the Guy at tire store said they had to do it that way ...due to brand and available sizes
Back to top Go down
The Black Stig
Supporting Vendor
The Black Stig

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor   Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 11:56 pm

inkedup wrote:
275/40/20 rear and 255/45/20 front.they look weird sometimes cause of the tire height differnce.the Guy at tire store said they had to do it that way ...due to brand and available sizes

Ok I've been looking and i have narrowed down to two tires. I do have a connect i e-mailed and waiting to here back from but theses are my preliminary candidates

Now imma be honest i was unable to find the same sizes as you have now in the same tire brand HOWEVER i think i have found a better combination because as I'm assmusing your car sits higher in the front then the back, because the front has a higher profile(sidewall) the combination i selected will give you a rake and should help front end confidence and lower it bit.

Ok the first set is....

Nitto Invo's
255/35ZR-20 97W XL B For the front ($179~ Each)
275/40R-20 106W XL B For the rear ($212~ Each)
Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor Nithz0.xl

The good about these tires
Really good dry good wet traction, Sticky and Road hugging, would be awesome to auto x should be pretty quite and make you smile int the twistys

The Bad
Low tread rating, summer only tire, Will be dead in 30-35K or less for the rear if you drive real hard.

Next picks are....

Continental ExtremeContact DWS
255/35ZR20 97Y XL B For the front ($165~ Each)
275/40ZR20 106W XL B For the rear ($240~ Each)
Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor Modp_0906_06+performance_tire_buyers_guide+continental_extreme_contact_dws

The Good
Sticky tire, Great dry and Great wet traction, High tread rating, great for stop light fun, awesome Fall tire, the nitti's would be kinda hard around 40 and below (atleast until they heat up) if you are still driving you car now and plan to tothe end of october buy these. should last 50K more or less on drivng habbits

The Bad
All season tire, Soft sidewall, would work in an auto x situation but wont give you the confidence of the nitto's

As far as getting the tire look around I pulled them out of my book and read the numbers/specs... Look on tire rack and discount tire or go to you local tire place and see if they can order them for you.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor   Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor I_icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2010, 12:10 am

fyi 255/35/20 is a horrible choice for a front size to go with a 275/40/20...mr. tire god...

and conti DWS's are a bad choice for a performance tire. they are super soft on the sidewall. they are a non sporty all season tire for performance car owners who just don't need high performance tires.

invo's are a good choice but you will want a 245/45/20 front. i have no idea why they put 255/45/20's on the front of his car to go with 275/40/20's when 245/45/20 are the same height as 275/40/20 and are also made in NT-05's or invo's.

Last edited by jontoad on October 2nd 2010, 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor   Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next