Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tranny Dip Stick

Go down 
+7
crazy933
Shawn1112
liljoejoe54
Illinois Chaos
06 mid blue se
punkerjim
HiPwr
11 posters
AuthorMessage
HiPwr
HiPwr

Tranny Dip Stick Empty
PostSubject: Tranny Dip Stick   Tranny Dip Stick I_icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2010, 12:01 pm

LXF

$80 is still an extraordinary price for what it is. If you had the measurements of this thing, it seems like it would be a pretty simple deal to make one yourself. Still, it bugs me that I can't check this fluid level. Kind of asinine of Chrysler if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
punkerjim
CAMM Member

Tranny Dip Stick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tranny Dip Stick   Tranny Dip Stick I_icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2010, 12:25 pm

Shooooot!

I paid at least tripple that for the last tranny i "dip sticked"

Back to top Go down
06 mid blue se
CAMM Member
06 mid blue se

Tranny Dip Stick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tranny Dip Stick   Tranny Dip Stick I_icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2010, 1:14 pm

Or you can get one of those extra long wire ties and mark off 70mm in 10mm increments for $3.00?
Back to top Go down
06 mid blue se
CAMM Member
06 mid blue se

Tranny Dip Stick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tranny Dip Stick   Tranny Dip Stick I_icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2010, 1:23 pm

Found the how to on the CM boards

http://www.custommagnums.com/forums/engine-performance-mods/10661-nag-1-dipstick-temperature-measuring-diy.html
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Tranny Dip Stick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tranny Dip Stick   Tranny Dip Stick I_icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2010, 3:20 pm

Get the Mercedes Benz one. Same thing.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

Tranny Dip Stick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tranny Dip Stick   Tranny Dip Stick I_icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2010, 3:49 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:

Can it stay in all the time? Is it less expensive than $80?
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

Tranny Dip Stick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tranny Dip Stick   Tranny Dip Stick I_icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2010, 4:19 pm

Eric, I will make you a dipstick with a long ziptie. I bought a shit load of them for like $5. Remind me to bring it the next time I see you. You cant keep it in the tube but you can clean it off and keep it in your storage thing in the trunk. Fuck paying $80.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Tranny Dip Stick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tranny Dip Stick   Tranny Dip Stick I_icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2010, 7:37 pm

The reason for no dipstick is that our tranny fluid has to be checked with the starscan tool anyhow. A dipstick will do you no good anyway, so they didn't put one in the car. It is done by mm and temp. that the starscan measures. A waste of time and money getting your own dipstick. It won't be accurate.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Tranny Dip Stick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tranny Dip Stick   Tranny Dip Stick I_icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2010, 7:42 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
The reason for no dipstick is that our tranny fluid has to be checked with the starscan tool anyhow. A dipstick will do you no good anyway, so they didn't put one in the car. It is done by mm and temp. that the starscan measures. A waste of time and money getting your own dipstick. It won't be accurate.
I have also read about this.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

Tranny Dip Stick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tranny Dip Stick   Tranny Dip Stick I_icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2010, 7:44 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:

Illinois Chaos wrote:

scratch
Back to top Go down
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

Tranny Dip Stick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tranny Dip Stick   Tranny Dip Stick I_icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2010, 8:09 pm

I found mine for 55$ i will try to find and remember where I got it from,
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Tranny Dip Stick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tranny Dip Stick   Tranny Dip Stick I_icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2010, 8:41 pm

HiPwr wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:

Illinois Chaos wrote:

scratch

You wanted a dipstick. Dunno why. All I know is why there isn't one.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

Tranny Dip Stick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tranny Dip Stick   Tranny Dip Stick I_icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2010, 5:20 am

Illinois Chaos wrote:

Okay, Tom. I didn't know you were kidding about the Mercedes Benz one. Went right over my head.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

Tranny Dip Stick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tranny Dip Stick   Tranny Dip Stick I_icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2010, 5:25 am

You can install a trans temp gauge and then you shouldnt need the starscan. You have to drill out a spot for the sensor in the trans pan.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

Tranny Dip Stick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tranny Dip Stick   Tranny Dip Stick I_icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2010, 1:38 pm

Hemisary on LXF has the best write upand it can be done without a Starscan

Here's the link
http://www.lxforums.com/board/showpost.php?p=1716835&postcount=1
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

Tranny Dip Stick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tranny Dip Stick   Tranny Dip Stick I_icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2010, 7:03 pm

excellent find on that write up!!! Very useful information in that one!!
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

Tranny Dip Stick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tranny Dip Stick   Tranny Dip Stick I_icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2010, 7:30 pm

Thanks for the link, Ivan. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
moros323
CAMM Pro
moros323

Tranny Dip Stick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tranny Dip Stick   Tranny Dip Stick I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2011, 1:11 am

Sounds like a freaking hassle...will the stealership check it for free???
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

Tranny Dip Stick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tranny Dip Stick   Tranny Dip Stick I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2011, 9:04 am

the dealership most of the time states that there is no need to check the trans fluid in our cars unless there is a problem, in which case, the dealership will most likely be the ones doing the work.
Back to top Go down
moros323
CAMM Pro
moros323

Tranny Dip Stick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tranny Dip Stick   Tranny Dip Stick I_icon_minitimeSeptember 17th 2011, 12:25 am

I have checked up on it and indeed a dipstick will not read accurately oh well one less thing to worry about lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tranny Dip Stick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tranny Dip Stick   Tranny Dip Stick I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tranny Dip Stick
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Engine Bay Aesthetics-
Jump to: