Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Remote Starter

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

Remote Starter Empty
PostSubject: Remote Starter   Remote Starter I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 7:24 pm

My Magnum came with the factory remote start option but I can't for the life of me figure it out. I've got it to start remotely twice. I press the remote twice or what?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Remote Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter   Remote Starter I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 8:13 pm

A lot of times you need to press twice. The reason being is if your keys are in your pocket and you bend down or something that would cause the button to be pressed. Its like a safety feature so your car doesnt start with out you knowing. If presing twice doesnt work then you have a problem!
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

Remote Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter   Remote Starter I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 9:19 pm

Well I just tried it in my garage and she fired up twice. What is the range of the remote?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Remote Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter   Remote Starter I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 9:47 pm

Not sure of the range, they all very. Another little tip, if you are out of range and your remote doesnt have an antenna, stick the remote under your chin and try it. It usually works dont know the logic behind it, but was taught this by an alarm installer who has been installing for over 20yrs.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

Remote Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter   Remote Starter I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 9:50 pm

Hey, mine started up too! Stop pressing that button!
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

Remote Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter   Remote Starter I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 9:55 pm

Sorry guess the range is farther than I thought hahaha. The trick with putting to your chin is that you make your body the bigger antenna. Works for keyless entry too.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

Remote Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter   Remote Starter I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 11:17 pm

have you heard of the cell phone trick for keyless entry, and well, probably remote start too..... gotta have the 2 cell phones, but supposedly, you can send the signal through the cell phones.. great for if you lock your keys in your car
Back to top Go down
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

Remote Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter   Remote Starter I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 1:13 am

Yup, pressing it twice should work every time.. Unless you're parked by the ship and the radars are interfering and you can't even get the damn doors unlocked.. Oh wait, wrong place.. lol..

I've heard about the cell phone trick.. Never tried it but a buddy of mine back in VA has and said it worked..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Remote Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter   Remote Starter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remote Starter
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Electronics-
Jump to: