Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What tint # you got on your car?

Go down 
+29
moros323
JacksSRT8
ViCharger07
BigM
TgTwist
goldberg1701
Hypnotiq
Hurst Pak #1
yousmellfunnytoo
Hoodie
soundsaved
firestartr420
moaugust88
chargerchick
jontoad
RT!st!C
Iguanaman
irishrt5.7
ghost
ChiTownHemi
HemiMag
blackhemi
eviltrycycle
HiPwr
inkedup
xegitalian19xx
liljoejoe54
Shawn1112
pjcharger
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
pjcharger
CAMM Pro
pjcharger

What tint # you got on your car? Empty
PostSubject: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? I_icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 9:41 am

Gotta get that done was thinking of going dark on the back window like 20 on the back and 40 on the sides
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? I_icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 9:44 am

You cant do that anymore. I think the new law allows 36% all the way around. 36% is like a medium tint.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? I_icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 10:03 am

Shawn is right. You can either have as dark as you want in the back and nothing up front or 35% all around. I have 20% in the back and I had 35% up front but I got 2 tickets for the front tints before the law passed and I removed the tint. If I do it again I might just put 35% up front and keep the back 20% and take the risk. Ill just play dumb saying the car had rear tints when I bought it and just added 35% up front.
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? I_icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 10:11 am

I agree...now that the law has passed you might just want to go with the 35% all the way around....I have 5% on the back 3 windows and nothing up front and I def. want to get tint up front but I don't feel like peeling off the 5% yet Smile
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? I_icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 10:14 am

I did 35 on all doors and back and limo for windshied and sunroom to make it seem darker
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? I_icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 10:21 am

35% really aint that bad. When I had it up front, it looked almost as dark as my 20% in the rear. I wouldnt mind going 35% all around but like Anthony said, I dont feel like peeling off the tint I already have.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? I_icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 10:27 am

35% all around for me. Dark enough for my liking.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? I_icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 10:38 am

HiPwr wrote:
35% all around for me. Dark enough for my liking.

That is the way I am going to go whenever I finally get mine done.
Back to top Go down
pjcharger
CAMM Pro
pjcharger

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? I_icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 10:54 am

hmmm ok guess ill just keep it legal and go 35 all over. With the no plates and no mufflers i dont want to give any popo any other reasons to come get me
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? I_icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 11:00 am

Who are you going to have do the tint?
Back to top Go down
pjcharger
CAMM Pro
pjcharger

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? I_icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 12:48 pm

a guy right by my house in des plaines.... yes i know you got a guy. I mentioned to 2 people at work about getting tint and EVERYBODY has a guy!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? I_icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 12:52 pm

There isnt many that will match my guy's price! $150.00 with a lifetime warranty on the tint and labor.
Back to top Go down
blackhemi
CAMM Pro
blackhemi

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? I_icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 1:00 pm

I have 20 on back window and 35 on the sides.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? I_icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 1:01 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
There isnt many that will match my guy's price! $150.00 with a lifetime warranty on the tint and labor.

Hell of a price with warranty!!!!Shawn's right,I don't see anyone coming close to this price with good warranty and top materials
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? I_icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 2:00 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:

Im gonna go with your guy when I redo my tint. My guy left small bubbles and a couple of scratches in the front windows before I removed them. Fucking thing cost me $200 and I didnt notice it until a couple weeks later.
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? I_icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 2:04 pm

Latest word I heard is the the City of Chicago is claiming "home rule" and is over-riding the State Law and still enforcing no tint and still handing out tickets. Evidently local municipalities have this capability to over-rule the state law given local circumstances. Complete bull shit if you ask me but I read an article in the Trib about a month ago that said this was still happening.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? I_icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 2:09 pm

ChiTownHemi wrote:
Latest word I heard is the the City of Chicago is claiming "home rule" and is over-riding the State Law and still enforcing no tint and still handing out tickets. Evidently local municipalities have this capability to over-rule the state law given local circumstances. Complete bull shit if you ask me but I read an article in the Trib about a month ago that said this was still happening.

Yeah they are still giving out tickets for front tint even when the car is parked. They hit about 5 cars on a side street by my house about a month and a half ago. Its bullshit for sure. Thats the only reason I still have the tints on my front off, I dont want to risk getting another ticket. I saw a preview for something about it on the news a couple weeks ago but didnt get a chance to see it. If its a state law, why does Chicago have the right not to obey it? It doesnt make any damn sense. I just think its a good way for this broke ass city to make money since the people running it dont know how to spend our money.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? I_icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 2:15 pm

35 around for me
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? I_icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 4:52 pm

ChiTownHemi wrote:
Gotta love that prick/jagoff mayor in the city!
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? I_icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 7:15 pm

illinois state police told me it's a state wide law.even if city of chicago gives you a ticket you can fight it by mail and win.......mayor douchebag i mean mayor daily can waste taxpayers money by unnecessary tickets....
Back to top Go down
pjcharger
CAMM Pro
pjcharger

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? I_icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 7:19 pm

Yeah i dont drive in the city but a cop friend told me. 150 is good and about 30 bucks cheaper but this guy is 3 miles away i can drop off car and ride my bicycle home. Appreciate the offer though camm is awesome.

Only blastin bob tips and halos then i think im done. Eric i got my catch can in. My effort to make my car exactly like yours is almost complete
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? I_icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 7:21 pm

Now you just have to park really far away from us and you are done!
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? I_icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 7:21 pm

pjcharger wrote:

Only blastin bob tips and halos then i think im done.

I said this at one point in my life to...
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? I_icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 7:40 pm

Halos will never go on my car, Paul, so there will be the dividing line.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? I_icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 8:12 pm

[img]What tint # you got on your car? Th_tint[/img]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What tint # you got on your car?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next