Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Confused about tint

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jaymann1884
CAMM Member

Confused about tint Empty
PostSubject: Confused about tint   Confused about tint I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2015, 12:24 pm

hey everybody. I've been doing some reading about tinting my 2013 charger rt and some guys are saying I need a special tint for my car and my buddy that does tint for a shop says he hasn't heard of it. Need some closer on this if anyone has some info
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Confused about tint   Confused about tint I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2015, 12:38 pm

Check with these guys..

http://www.chicagolandareamodernmopars.com/f22-tint-to-u

They'll set ya right.  thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Jaymann1884
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Confused about tint   Confused about tint I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2015, 1:05 pm

Thanks
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Confused about tint   Confused about tint I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2015, 4:05 pm

dont worry about the "special" tint... thats mostly for people who live in the really warm climates... it has to do with the dual layered glass...
Back to top Go down
392SRT8
CAMM Member
392SRT8

PostSubject: Re: Confused about tint   Confused about tint I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2015, 4:06 pm

What it really boils down to is make sure a pro shop with high quality product does your tint job. the stuff that turns purple in 6 months to a year should be avoided at all costs.

The 2011 + Chargers use a dual layer glass with mylar in between, bad tint can overheat the windows and cause them to crack/spiderweb.

Its a concern but really only for cheap DIY tint.
Back to top Go down
Jaymann1884
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Confused about tint   Confused about tint I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2015, 4:59 pm

Thanks for the info. I'm probably gonna go through the shop here on the forum. My buddies boss quoted me really high and I kinda laughed at him
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Confused about tint   Confused about tint I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2015, 5:00 pm

I know a guy that is really good and lives really close to. Like 63rd and 355 area
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Confused about tint   Confused about tint I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2015, 5:14 pm

Check out this thread for info on guy near you.
http://www.chicagolandareamodernmopars.com/t6435-mod-1-complete
Back to top Go down
Jaymann1884
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Confused about tint   Confused about tint I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2015, 5:20 pm

Awesome that's right by me thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Confused about tint   Confused about tint I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Confused about tint
Page 1 of 1