Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

throttle body ?

Go down 
+2
Shawn1112
RT!st!C
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RT!st!C
CAMM Pro
RT!st!C

throttle body  ? Empty
PostSubject: throttle body ?   throttle body  ? I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2010, 8:38 pm

is there something that works and is safe for cleaning a throttlebody
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

throttle body  ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: throttle body ?   throttle body  ? I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2010, 8:42 pm

RT!st!C wrote:
is there something that works and is safe for cleaning a throttlebody
I took mine off and cleaned it with carb cleaner. Just make sure you cover the electrical connection.
Back to top Go down
RT!st!C
CAMM Pro
RT!st!C

throttle body  ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: throttle body ?   throttle body  ? I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2010, 8:49 pm

thanks shawn, again!............i dont have any of that, is there anything else maybe?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

throttle body  ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: throttle body ?   throttle body  ? I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2010, 8:53 pm

There are other things, but I'm willing to bet you dont have that laying around either. If you make it out to the mod night we can help you do that. In the mean time you might want to order a catch can.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

throttle body  ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: throttle body ?   throttle body  ? I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2010, 8:54 pm

RT!st!C wrote:
thanks shawn, again!............i dont have any of that, is there anything else maybe?

You can use brake cleaner too. Take the throttle body off the car before you clean it and only wipe it with a rag. Use your finger to open the valve, dont use anything hard or made of metal because the throttle plate scratches easily. You will need a 4 mm socket wrench with a small extension to remove the 4 bolts holding the throttle body on.
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

throttle body  ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: throttle body ?   throttle body  ? I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2010, 9:25 pm

Why do you need to clean it? Is it cause I left you at the line on Sunday
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

throttle body  ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: throttle body ?   throttle body  ? I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2010, 9:31 pm

Ohh burn.....
Back to top Go down
RT!st!C
CAMM Pro
RT!st!C

throttle body  ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: throttle body ?   throttle body  ? I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2010, 9:51 pm

jesse031081 wrote:
Why do you need to clean it? Is it cause I left you at the line on Sunday

Jerk Off i was wondering when id hear about that. I shifted into 2nd right after i took off! And that was saturday! Finger
Back to top Go down
RT!st!C
CAMM Pro
RT!st!C

throttle body  ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: throttle body ?   throttle body  ? I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2010, 9:55 pm

i was hoping to save a trip to the store! thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
cjresto
CAMM Member
cjresto

throttle body  ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: throttle body ?   throttle body  ? I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2010, 9:55 pm

They actually make a throttle body cleaner that is said to be easier on the aluminum. Sold right nex to the carb cleaner at auto parts store.
Back to top Go down
RT!st!C
CAMM Pro
RT!st!C

throttle body  ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: throttle body ?   throttle body  ? I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2010, 10:00 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
RT!st!C wrote:

You can use brake cleaner too. Take the throttle body off the car before you clean it and only wipe it with a rag. Use your finger to open the valve, dont use anything hard or made of metal because the throttle plate scratches easily. You will need a 4 mm socket wrench with a small extension to remove the 4 bolts holding the throttle body on.

come on now, im not completely useless under the hood. punish lol
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

throttle body  ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: throttle body ?   throttle body  ? I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2010, 10:12 pm

RT!st!C wrote:
liljoejoe54 wrote:
RT!st!C wrote:

Lol sorry.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

throttle body  ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: throttle body ?   throttle body  ? I_icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 6:25 am

RT!st!C wrote:
liljoejoe54 wrote:
RT!st!C wrote:

You can do it! Should take all of 5 minutes to get it off
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

throttle body  ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: throttle body ?   throttle body  ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

throttle body ?
Page 1 of 1