Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Picture locations

Go down 
+16
chargerchick
Iguanaman
Moparcharger07
AlterEgo
ghost
bogieboy
Shawn1112
Headtripp
HemiMag
liljoejoe54
Illinois Chaos
moaugust88
jesse031081
xegitalian19xx
HiPwr
eviltrycycle
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Picture locations Empty
PostSubject: Picture locations   Picture locations I_icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2010, 12:17 pm

Ok so I know there was talk last year of meeting up and having a picture day. So I would like suggestions from everyone since I still don't know my way around very well. We need a place that is ok with multiple cars, that will allow the chance to take pictures of the cars without a ton of people getting in the way, and someplace with good scenery.

So throw out suggestions and I will get to researching.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

Picture locations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture locations   Picture locations I_icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2010, 12:19 pm

I think I've suggested this before and I know it's far away, but I've heard that parts of Gary, IN are a friggin' ghost town with large abandoned buildings.
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

Picture locations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture locations   Picture locations I_icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2010, 12:20 pm

The Elk Grove Forest preserve has some good spots for lots of cars and pics & not a lot of peopl....I"m sure there are some better spots around though....
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

Picture locations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture locations   Picture locations I_icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2010, 12:21 pm

hooters!
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Picture locations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture locations   Picture locations I_icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2010, 12:33 pm

Noted to smack Jesse on Sunday.

Thanks to Eric and Anthony for the real suggestions keep them coming.
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

Picture locations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture locations   Picture locations I_icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2010, 1:10 pm

I wish my mother still worked at the Tribune, they have a parking lot both in Downtown Chicago with a good view and another empty lot somewhere off Grand that had a good skyline photo opp. Oh well, but I do have a suggestion is Calumet Park near me, open lot and a beach but where the lot is at is near a Park beach House so it blocks the lake side view.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Picture locations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture locations   Picture locations I_icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2010, 1:30 pm

HiPwr wrote:
I think I've suggested this before and I know it's far away, but I've heard that parts of Gary, IN are a friggin' ghost town with large abandoned buildings.

Once a gf asked me to kiss her where it stinks, so I drove her all the way to Gary, In..................... Uri
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

Picture locations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture locations   Picture locations I_icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2010, 1:48 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Once a gf asked me to kiss her where it stinks, so I drove her all the way to Gary, In..................... Uri

I overheard Brian asking Jesse that very same thing at Vic & Jackie's a couple of weeks ago.

Why should this thread be any different?
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

Picture locations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture locations   Picture locations I_icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2010, 2:24 pm

No way in hell am i driving and getting out of my car in Gary, IN without having a shotgun on me. As for a location, I have no clue but what about one of those parking garages that lets you park on the roof and maybe have the skyline in the background? There is one by my gym but it doesnt have many spots up there and its usually packed.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

Picture locations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture locations   Picture locations I_icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2010, 2:25 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
No way in hell am i driving and getting out of my car in Gary, IN without having a shotgun on me. As for a location, I have no clue but what about one of those parking garages that lets you park on the roof and maybe have the skyline in the background? There is one by my gym but it doesnt have many spots up there and its usually packed.

this is what I was going to reccomend.Also how about taking a picture of all the halo's on too...Then we can submit it to AAC!!!
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

Picture locations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture locations   Picture locations I_icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2010, 3:06 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
No way in hell am i driving and getting out of my car in Gary, IN without having a shotgun on me.

If there's a group of us and we post sentries, we should be fine.
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

Picture locations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture locations   Picture locations I_icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2010, 4:21 pm

HemiMag24s wrote:
liljoejoe54 wrote:

this is what I was going to reccomend.Also how about taking a picture of all the halo's on too...Then we can submit it to AAC!!!
Nice thought but not everyone has the AAC halos some have flashtec and besides sorry but Fuck AAC
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Picture locations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture locations   Picture locations I_icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2010, 4:23 pm

Gary isnt that bad. Its only been the murder capitol of the United States the last few years!
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

Picture locations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture locations   Picture locations I_icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2010, 4:40 pm

Headtripp wrote:
HemiMag24s wrote:
liljoejoe54 wrote:

Nice thought but not everyone has the AAC halos some have flashtec and besides sorry but Fuck AAC

K well forget the submitting a picture.We can all take a group picture,then all the ones who have halos can line up again and take pics together....
Back to top Go down
bogieboy
CAMM All-Star
bogieboy

Picture locations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture locations   Picture locations I_icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2010, 5:11 pm

HiPwr wrote:

yeah.... they"re ghost towns because enyone that sets foot on them are dead.............shot by stray gang war bullets......
Back to top Go down
bogieboy
CAMM All-Star
bogieboy

Picture locations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture locations   Picture locations I_icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2010, 5:13 pm

ok, so all the good spots that i know of are forest preserves around here.......good for 2 things.....car pics and mid day "hook-ups"..... i use them for one of the 2...and it aint the hookups................LOL
Back to top Go down
bogieboy
CAMM All-Star
bogieboy

Picture locations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture locations   Picture locations I_icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2010, 5:14 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
No way in hell am i driving and getting out of my car in Gary, IN without having a shotgun on me.

smart man............small, but smart........LOL
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

Picture locations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture locations   Picture locations I_icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2010, 5:16 pm

an abandon barn somewheres
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

Picture locations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture locations   Picture locations I_icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2010, 6:08 pm

There are some good places in Waukegan on the Lake Michigan Circle Tour....abandoned buildings and the lake view... Maybe this should be a cruise we take on a nice Saturday or Sunday. Lots of places to go and you drive through ALOT of towns all along Lake Michigan. Vic and I have done it a couple of times but would be cool to do with everyone.
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

Picture locations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture locations   Picture locations I_icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2010, 6:09 pm

Also, Illinois State Beach Park is in Zion and they have ample places to take pics .... well at least they used to. I haven't been there in quite a few years.
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

Picture locations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture locations   Picture locations I_icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2010, 6:10 pm

ghost wrote:
an abandon barn somewheres

Bull Valley has abandoned barns!
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

Picture locations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture locations   Picture locations I_icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2010, 6:23 pm

An abandoned abattoir. Maybe with some old guts hanging off of hooks and steer skulls. Cooooool.
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

Picture locations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture locations   Picture locations I_icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2010, 6:43 pm

Eric, thank you for putting the definition in that link. Smile
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Picture locations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture locations   Picture locations I_icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2010, 6:52 pm

Glad I didn't click that link.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

Picture locations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture locations   Picture locations I_icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2010, 7:26 pm

There are some cool places up in WI where I used to live ,as well as out in Lake Geneva, we should schedule a Sunday cruise out there sometime as well, I know ALL the fun backroads.... hee hee
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Picture locations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture locations   Picture locations I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Picture locations
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next