Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Please READ regarding 'adult' material...

Go down 
+11
Dartboy
irishrt5.7
Illinois Chaos
chargerchick
jontoad
Iguanaman
AlterEgo
Headtripp
HiPwr
ghost
Admin
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

Please READ regarding 'adult' material... Empty
PostSubject: Please READ regarding 'adult' material...   Please READ regarding 'adult' material... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2010, 9:20 pm

Most of us share and enjoy a pretty unique brand of humor, but please respect our guests who might not enjoy seeing 'adult' material in the public forums. Keep images and post regarding nudity, sex and any other potentially offensive material in it's proper place, either in the XXXtreme Offtopic, the Abyss, or off the board all together.

Threads and posts with this sort of material should and will be removed. I'd hope further actions to help preserve the integrity of this forum won't be necessary.......

Last edited by elcobra44 on February 22nd 2010, 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Please READ regarding 'adult' material...   Please READ regarding 'adult' material... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2010, 9:25 pm

well due to my lack of integrity all of my posts and threads will be in the XXXtreme Offtopic, and the Abyss. stop by and say hello sometimes people....
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Please READ regarding 'adult' material...   Please READ regarding 'adult' material... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2010, 9:34 pm

And please keep in mind that there is a Report Post icon in the upper right hand corner of every post:

Please READ regarding 'adult' material... Report10

If something offends you; report it! It may not mean that your concern will be considered valid, but you're not going to know until you try. Give us a chance to address the issue.
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Please READ regarding 'adult' material...   Please READ regarding 'adult' material... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2010, 9:46 pm

Unfortunatley you cannot report posts from admins Mad cause I just tried to report you to you haha
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Please READ regarding 'adult' material...   Please READ regarding 'adult' material... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2010, 9:49 pm

Headtripp wrote:
Unfortunatley you cannot report posts from admins Mad cause I just tried to report you to you haha

Why would anyone report me? I'm a fucking angel!
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Please READ regarding 'adult' material...   Please READ regarding 'adult' material... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2010, 10:01 pm

HiPwr wrote:

I'm a fucking angel!

a bit contradictory don't ya think scratch
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Please READ regarding 'adult' material...   Please READ regarding 'adult' material... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2010, 10:11 pm

HiPwr wrote:
Headtripp wrote:

Very real question here...do the refined guidelines include language?
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Please READ regarding 'adult' material...   Please READ regarding 'adult' material... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2010, 10:16 pm

AlterEgo wrote:
HiPwr wrote:

I'm a fucking angel!

a bit contradictory don't ya think scratch

not if that angel is named gabriel.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Please READ regarding 'adult' material...   Please READ regarding 'adult' material... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2010, 10:42 pm

Iguanaman wrote:
HiPwr wrote:
Headtripp wrote:

There's only a few words that are censored. We all know what's right and wrong when using language. Just make sure when you use profanity that it is not directed at other members. That will not be tolerated.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Please READ regarding 'adult' material...   Please READ regarding 'adult' material... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2010, 11:28 pm

elcobra44 wrote:
Iguanaman wrote:
HiPwr wrote:
Headtripp wrote:

There's only a few words that are censored. We all know what's right and wrong when using language. Just make sure when you use profanity that it is not directed at other members. That will not be tolerated.

Maybe post a list of the censored words in the XXXtreme off-topic area?

Or just count on George Carlin's "Seven Words you Can't Say on TV" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Please READ regarding 'adult' material...   Please READ regarding 'adult' material... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2010, 11:45 pm

all in violation of the rules will be victim to a virtual firing squad in call of duty online.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Please READ regarding 'adult' material...   Please READ regarding 'adult' material... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2010, 11:45 pm

i don't know if i have ever had a fucking word here censored...?
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Please READ regarding 'adult' material...   Please READ regarding 'adult' material... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2010, 12:23 am

Eric and Dave said fucking. I'm reporting it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Please READ regarding 'adult' material...   Please READ regarding 'adult' material... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2010, 2:19 am

Iguanaman wrote:
elcobra44 wrote:
Iguanaman wrote:
HiPwr wrote:
Headtripp wrote:

Maybe post a list of the censored words in the XXXtreme off-topic area?

Or just count on George Carlin's "Seven Words you Can't Say on TV" Very Happy
Can't use them there either... C word and N word.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Please READ regarding 'adult' material...   Please READ regarding 'adult' material... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2010, 6:23 am

Well I've always been a proponent of the open forum style format here. I welcome this change, though. As we all know, if it were just us on here reading the forum it wouldn't be much of an issue. The thing is, everything posted here is accessable by anyone, world wide. This is a good change. Nice work, Matt and everyone.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Please READ regarding 'adult' material...   Please READ regarding 'adult' material... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2010, 9:51 am

Man this is going to be tough... i will do my best though... but here is my question...

When talking about keeping clean are we talking about just pictures or any cussing period needs to be in the "adult" categories???

For some of us this is just the way we talk... i would never under any circumstance discriminate against anyone no matter how mad they made me... or for whatever reason...

So can we get a descriptive explanation of what is acceptable and what is not on the open forum?!?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Please READ regarding 'adult' material...   Please READ regarding 'adult' material... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2010, 9:57 am

The way I see it, cuss words are in-bounds. It's easy enough to filter these words so that the site essentially becomes self-censoring that their use has not been restricted for a reason.

I believe the context of this thread is that we should curtail our image postings depicting sexual acts or nudity and limit graphic written descriptions of same.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Please READ regarding 'adult' material...   Please READ regarding 'adult' material... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2010, 10:05 am

irishrt5.7 wrote:
Man this is going to be tough... i will do my best though... but here is my question...

When talking about keeping clean are we talking about just pictures or any cussing period needs to be in the "adult" categories???

For some of us this is just the way we talk... i would never under any circumstance discriminate against anyone no matter how mad they made me... or for whatever reason...

So can we get a descriptive explanation of what is acceptable and what is not on the open forum?!?

Thanks

X2 That's what I'm saying.

I understand the general nature of dialogue in CAMM on this forum...and I've adapted.

As I've said...I don't cruise this forum with the boys watching over my shoulder.

But it is a good point...this site is CAMMs face to the world. If it doesn't bother members, that's fine. But if it causes you concern as far as guests' impressions, or being understanding of some members' sensitivities...then probably a good idea to set some standards.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Please READ regarding 'adult' material...   Please READ regarding 'adult' material... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2010, 10:12 am

Not to get all scholarly, but this...communication...was my major in college.

There are rules and there are norms in group communication. Basically, rules are those guidelines that transcend groups...things like no racial epithets, physical violence, etc.

Norms are those guidelines that are particular to a group...things like a certain level of cuss words, maybe being fashionably late to meetings (or you MUST be on time), etc.

So my take has been that, on CAMM, the norm is the level of cuss language or innuendo, and a certain level of personal razzing...these are things that are acceptable, almost expected, here but might not be acceptable on another forum. These are just CAMM norms.

Having said that, I stand by my previous post.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Please READ regarding 'adult' material...   Please READ regarding 'adult' material... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2010, 10:16 am

This shit works for me then!!! glad we are finally getting things out in the open..

ok shawn now is your turn you can come out of the closet... lol just kidding brotha..
Back to top Go down
Dartboy
Founding Member
Founding Member
Dartboy

PostSubject: Re: Please READ regarding 'adult' material...   Please READ regarding 'adult' material... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2010, 12:04 pm

yep good call!!!! dont want to scare people off...we will do that once they meet us Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Please READ regarding 'adult' material...   Please READ regarding 'adult' material... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2010, 2:38 pm

Yeah, I don't think anyone really has a problem with cussing, but some people are offended by nudity and graphic sexual conversations. That's the main issue here.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Please READ regarding 'adult' material...   Please READ regarding 'adult' material... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2010, 4:01 pm

No problem bro... i will not post up vulgar material in any other thread unless adult rated.. Modelo
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Please READ regarding 'adult' material...   Please READ regarding 'adult' material... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2010, 5:20 pm

So I cant post up a nice pic of my morning wood? Ah crap, i was gonna decorate it and surprise everyone on Valentine's Day. Sad
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Please READ regarding 'adult' material...   Please READ regarding 'adult' material... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2010, 5:38 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
So I cant post up a nice pic of my morning wood? Ah crap, i was gonna decorate it and surprise everyone on Valentine's Day. Sad

What's your strongest telephoto lens, Joey?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please READ regarding 'adult' material...   Please READ regarding 'adult' material... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please READ regarding 'adult' material...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next