Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

after market gauges

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

after market gauges Empty
PostSubject: after market gauges   after market gauges I_icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2009, 6:54 pm

is ther any benefit to using analog or digital? it seems like air/fuel would be most convenient in digital, but the rest seem like analog would be just fine. any opinions or experiences with either?

Last edited by ghost on December 10th 2009, 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: after market gauges   after market gauges I_icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2009, 8:44 pm

I'm wondering the same thing.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: after market gauges   after market gauges I_icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2009, 9:04 pm

Im not sure but I like the digital ones better. You can get the OBDII digital gauges that measure a ton of shit and put them in a pillar pod.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: after market gauges   after market gauges I_icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2009, 9:51 pm

tracks require a couple to be digital with the sending unit outside the cockpit. i had to have a a digital fuel pressure, and digital air/fuel in my truck. if they are not digital you don't pass tech. my boost guage was mechanical but thats just vacuum lines so its not a big deal.

I'm sure your asking because of the difference in price. mechanical fuel pressure guages are like 50 bux, but i think i paid like 170 for my digital one. its also more accurate because it calibrates itself every time you turn it on.

for air/fuel you will want a wideband. i have a narrow band in the truck and its more of a light show than anything. it doesn't tell you exact numbers. just ball park lean/stoich/rich by color and it only reads correct at wide open throttle. at part throttle and half throttle a narrow band just bounces around and it doesn't tell you anything then.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: after market gauges   after market gauges I_icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2009, 10:26 pm

jontoad wrote:
tracks require a couple to be digital with the sending unit outside the cockpit. i had to have a a digital fuel pressure, and digital air/fuel in my truck. if they are not digital you don't pass tech. my boost guage was mechanical but thats just vacuum lines so its not a big deal.

I'm sure your asking because of the difference in price. mechanical fuel pressure guages are like 50 bux, but i think i paid like 170 for my digital one. its also more accurate because it calibrates itself every time you turn it on.

for air/fuel you will want a wideband. i have a narrow band in the truck and its more of a light show than anything. it doesn't tell you exact numbers. just ball park lean/stoich/rich by color and it only reads correct at wide open throttle. at part throttle and half throttle a narrow band just bounces around and it doesn't tell you anything then.

tracks require a couple to be digital with the sending unit outside the cockpit. can you explain this more? what do you mean outside?
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: after market gauges   after market gauges I_icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2009, 12:18 pm

ghost wrote:
jontoad wrote:

tracks require a couple to be digital with the sending unit outside the cockpit. can you explain this more? what do you mean outside?

sorry i didn't see this post earlier.

for mechanical fuel pressure guages there is no sending unit and it measures it in the guage. you cant have fuel lines in the interior of the car so you have 2 options. you get a digital guage that measures it at the fuel rails and sends the info via electronics to the guage in the cockpit with wires only, or you get the mechanical guage and you put the guage on the hood like old school rides or somewhere outside the interior of the car.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: after market gauges   after market gauges I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

after market gauges
Page 1 of 1