Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

fuel injectors?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

fuel injectors? Empty
PostSubject: fuel injectors?   fuel injectors? I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2009, 9:15 pm

so at what point is it time to upgrade? i went from the stock ones on my r/t to the srt variety when i did my heads and cam. what should i be using with the 402?
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

fuel injectors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel injectors?   fuel injectors? I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2009, 9:36 pm

ghost wrote:
so at what point is it time to upgrade? i went from the stock ones on my r/t to the srt variety when i did my heads and cam. what should i be using with the 402?

What effect should I expect if I did only that (i.e., no heads or cam change) and what should it cost?
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

fuel injectors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel injectors?   fuel injectors? I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2009, 9:41 pm

Iguanaman wrote:
ghost wrote:

What effect should I expect if I did only that (i.e., no heads or cam change) and what should it cost?

prolly not much. new injectors run around $250-$400 depending on how large.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

fuel injectors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel injectors?   fuel injectors? I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2009, 10:38 pm

ghost wrote:
Iguanaman wrote:
ghost wrote:

prolly not much. new injectors run around $250-$400 depending on how large.

$250-$400 is too much for "prolly not much" effect.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

fuel injectors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel injectors?   fuel injectors? I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2009, 6:37 am

Iguanaman wrote:
ghost wrote:

I have asked this question before, it will do absolutely nothing!
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

fuel injectors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel injectors?   fuel injectors? I_icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2009, 9:36 pm

ghost wrote:

When you go with a blower you have to upgrade to 50lb. injectors.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

fuel injectors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel injectors?   fuel injectors? I_icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2009, 11:43 am

Illinois Chaos wrote:
ghost wrote:

When you go with a blower you have to upgrade to 50lb. injectors.
that is correcr sir! the answer i got to my original question was either the ford blue giants or the stock srt4 injectors. both are around 40+ #s @ 58 psi.
Back to top Go down
cjresto
CAMM Member
cjresto

fuel injectors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel injectors?   fuel injectors? I_icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2009, 10:04 am

Larger injectors dont improve performance they prevent you from going too lean when you have serious mods such as blower, heads, cam ect. The stock injectors will be working too hard to keep up with demand and can fail causing a lean condition which equals Boom, time for a new engine. There has been a lot of discussion on this over on the charger and Lx forumns.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

fuel injectors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel injectors?   fuel injectors? I_icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2009, 6:59 pm

cjresto wrote:
Larger injectors dont improve performance they prevent you from going too lean when you have serious mods such as blower, heads, cam ect. The stock injectors will be working too hard to keep up with demand and can fail causing a lean condition which equals Boom, time for a new engine. There has been a lot of discussion on this over on the charger and Lx forumns.

That is the truth. It is not a performance gain, per say. With a mod like a blower you might also need a booster on your fuel pump, or a bigger pump and fuel rails. This stuff is all part of the upgrade and necessary to help the fuel system keep up with the demand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

fuel injectors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel injectors?   fuel injectors? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

fuel injectors?
Page 1 of 1