Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why did you buy the modern mopar you have now?

Go down 
+24
Dak4life
pjcharger
Srteight
AlterEgo
ghost
jesse031081
JBBCharger
irishrt5.7
Moparcharger07
MrsHoodie
Hoodie
ttruckinon
06 mid blue se
HiPwr
kaotik29
jontoad
Illinois Chaos
bogieboy
liljoejoe54
DA H.N.I.C.
Headtripp
Iguanaman
Shawn1112
eviltrycycle
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

Why did you buy the modern mopar you have now? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did you buy the modern mopar you have now?   Why did you buy the modern mopar you have now? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2009, 9:02 pm

Moparcharger06 wrote:
I got the hint I liked the Chargers after I drove one while doing an alignment for a local stealership. Got back from the test drive and told everybody I'd have one. They were all like "no way fucker whatever" lol

So I waited a while......... and THE DAY my divorce was final, I drove from Waukegan court house to Antioch Dodge, and traded my Alero (her car) and my Neon, in for the Charger. It was pretty funny seeing her face though around town.... PRICELESS!!!! ha ha ha ha TOO FUNNY!!!

Somehow I just cannot picture YOU in a Neon. It's both funny and sad. Your Charger so fits you Adam, I'm glad you got it!
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Why did you buy the modern mopar you have now?   Why did you buy the modern mopar you have now? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2009, 9:09 pm

I know a few of these guys used to have Neons. I used to drive my brothers, that thing was a beast once I got up to 3rd gear. I think I won more races with it then with my old "sometimes" turbo LaBaron.

He ran over a cinderblock with that thing and tore the quarter panel off and put it back on with tape. It was an awesome car, took a hell of a beating. Was sad to see it go.
Back to top Go down
Srteight
CAMM Member
Srteight

PostSubject: Re: Why did you buy the modern mopar you have now?   Why did you buy the modern mopar you have now? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2009, 11:36 am

I have always liked the charger. When my buddy at work got one in 06( a black rt), i knew i just had to have one. I paid the truck off early so i started searching online for dealers in my area with a black srt8 in stock. Wasnt having much luck. I had actually started leaning towards trying to get a challenger. But a few days later, on my way home from work, i saw a black beauty sitting in front of my local dealer. All the salesman, out on a smoke break, looked at me crazy because i turned in the lot screeching the tires on the truck. I jumped out and told one of them i wanted to test drive the srt. He looked back at the rest of his friends as if it was the last time he was gonna see them. affraid
When he got in i asked him if he was married and he said yes. I told him he mite wanna call her and tell her he loves her. He laughed and we went for a nice, calm, ride. Got back did the paperwork. And about an hour or so later, she was mine.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Why did you buy the modern mopar you have now?   Why did you buy the modern mopar you have now? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2009, 6:38 pm

My Neon was actually pretty badass, I fucked with it ALOT!! It has racing seats and harnesses, springs, struts, strut bars, nice rims and tires, exhaust, intake, an aftermarket hood, and ALOT more!! It actually had side stripes and the trunk blacked out just like I did to my Charger! LOL I miss it, wish I still had it to drive in the winter or when it rains!! LOL
Back to top Go down
pjcharger
CAMM Pro
pjcharger

PostSubject: Re: Why did you buy the modern mopar you have now?   Why did you buy the modern mopar you have now? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2009, 9:27 am

2 of the 3 cars we have are old

1994 grand am gt - 130k miles
1994 camaro z28 convert - 85 k miles

Wife loved this silver v6 charger she saw at carmax, 2008 with 300 miles. We drove it and she loved it but said "you have to get rid of the camaro too because its falling apart" its kind of true as its making some weird noise that the dealer cant figure out.

I was like wait if I dump my camaro what do I get out of this deal, get that shiny red one in the showroom.

So we take the SRT8 out for a drive, I just kept drivin home with that baby.... that was all she wrote. Goddamm that thing rides nice, fast, looks good, gadgets, plus plenty of room for the 2 kids and the huge trunk is fine for going to events, plenty of space.
Back to top Go down
Dak4life
CAMM Rookie
Dak4life

PostSubject: Re: Why did you buy the modern mopar you have now?   Why did you buy the modern mopar you have now? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2009, 11:41 pm

Dakota Run in my family. there are at least 7! My grandpa has to 1990 dakota that are both convertible!~~ One is 4 wheel drive and the other isnt. and both have under 90k on them. Plus I got my Dakota for freeeeee!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
bogieboy
CAMM All-Star
bogieboy

PostSubject: Re: Why did you buy the modern mopar you have now?   Why did you buy the modern mopar you have now? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2009, 6:32 am

Like I said before joe, your gramps kicks off, "inherit" one o' them convertables to me??? PLEASE???? PRETTY PLEASE WITH SUGAR ON TOP???????
Back to top Go down
otter1363
CAMM Pro
otter1363

PostSubject: Re: Why did you buy the modern mopar you have now?   Why did you buy the modern mopar you have now? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2009, 6:59 am

I was just driving home one day in my Kia and next thing I know I spot this Ram with a stripe, scoop, Hemi and - its like - i dont know what happened but all of a sudden I find my self driving home the rest of the way in a Rumble Bee. Still not really sure what the hell happened but ever since that day my wallet is a lot lighter and all my book marks are like Summit Racing, Inertia Motorsports, Moe's Performance...
Back to top Go down
Dak4life
CAMM Rookie
Dak4life

PostSubject: Re: Why did you buy the modern mopar you have now?   Why did you buy the modern mopar you have now? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2009, 12:22 pm

Mopar or NO CAR!!!
Back to top Go down
Dak4life
CAMM Rookie
Dak4life

PostSubject: Re: Why did you buy the modern mopar you have now?   Why did you buy the modern mopar you have now? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2009, 12:23 pm

And I'll bring a convertible Dakota to the next meet we have!
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Why did you buy the modern mopar you have now?   Why did you buy the modern mopar you have now? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2011, 9:17 pm

Bump for all the newbies.
Back to top Go down
Pomps
CAMM Pro
Pomps

PostSubject: Re: Why did you buy the modern mopar you have now?   Why did you buy the modern mopar you have now? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2011, 11:01 pm

Well, I was 16 years old. My first car was a 2006 Ram. Loved the Hemi. It was a blast, especially for my first car. In like 2007 when gas was +5 a gallon, it had to go. I had a voluntary procedure to get my balls removed and had to get a 98 Civic. After 3 months of driving it, I knew it had to go. So then the '98 Wrangler came. She was the best. It had personality, and it drove so smooth! It had 119,000 miles on it when I decided to sell it.

Dave had just bought Pasta Bella, and I loved his Charger. It was exciting for me when he was getting the stroker, even though it wasn't my car. I got to see a get together from some of the CAMM crew when it was first starting up. It was so clear how modular the platform was, and I knew I would never be able to afford one for quite some time. Daves old partner has a cousin who buys catering from us every month; and owns car dealership. So in December of 2008, Dave and I were looking at his cars. Dave needed a Jeep for his expecting wife, and I needed a new car. He showed me the 300, and a mod list for the car lol. Went to drive the car, loved it. Felt just like the truck again. I needed it. Got it for a great price, and I felt it fit my personality. What more can a guy ask for?
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Why did you buy the modern mopar you have now?   Why did you buy the modern mopar you have now? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2011, 6:00 am

It was 2007 and I was driving a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited that I just bought 6 months before and was getting kind of bored and was looking to get something with more power. I was actually looking to get either a Mustang or a Camaro at the time and although I liked the way the Charger looked, I wasnt fond of the 4 doors. So my brother who worked at a dealership at the time called me up and told me to come take this Charger that they just got in for a test drive. Well I researched the Charger for about 2 hours and then the next day after work I went to his work and got in the Charger. As soon as I sat down, I was surprised at how comfortable the seats were, the R&T seats hug you which was 100 times better than the flat seats in the Cherokee. I started it up and liked the little rumble from the exhaust. Then we left the parking lot and about 20' from the dealership, I told my brother I wanted it. I traded in my Jeep right then and there and took the Charger home.
Back to top Go down
PLUM CRAZY
CAMM Member
PLUM CRAZY

PostSubject: Re: Why did you buy the modern mopar you have now?   Why did you buy the modern mopar you have now? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2011, 1:08 pm

It was 2007, and I was driving one of the best looking cars on the road. A 2005 Magnum RT with most of all the bells and whistles on it, it was Inferno Red and just great. Unfortunetly the car turned in to one of the biggest pieces of SHIT. Then the Plum Crazy Daytona came out and couldnt wait to unload the Magnum. Had a friend call me and tell me they had one on display at the local county fair. I went and looked at it, found what dealer had it and after a week it was in my garage. I didnt even know these cars were numbered, when the salesmen told me this car is #9 of 1400 I didnt know what he was talking about, I do now
Back to top Go down
stairman
CAMM Pro
stairman

PostSubject: Re: Why did you buy the modern mopar you have now?   Why did you buy the modern mopar you have now? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2011, 6:11 pm

I wanted the Challenger ever since Dodge announced they were bringing it back. I remember watching the promo videos on the computer and the interviews with the designers. But there was no way of swinging one when they came out. Then in late May of 2010 I was on an short stay in the cardiac care wing of the local hospital. When i was released, Tammy took me out for a real dinner and we drove by the local dealer.....there it was- my chally. We pulled in and bought it immediately. That's why i say "Life's too short .... just drive". Every day i look at it and smile, and look forward to the next day to drive it again. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why did you buy the modern mopar you have now?   Why did you buy the modern mopar you have now? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why did you buy the modern mopar you have now?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2