Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today.

Go down 
+11
HemiMag
eviltrycycle
HiPwr
jontoad
jesse031081
chargerchick
irishrt5.7
Headtripp
ghost
Shawn1112
Illinois Chaos
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today. Empty
PostSubject: Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today.   Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2009, 5:04 pm

I had my Daughter, Sarah, follow me down to Naperburgh today in my truck. That way she could haul my old wheels/tires back. I pulled up for my 11:30 A.M. Appt. at about 11:40. It's a long ways from Booney Ville. Jon was real professional and handled everything like clockwork. Perfect install! I was very happy that when he test fitted my 315 rears we had a 1/4 in. clearance. Good to go. Everyone else that I talked to told me they won't fit. When I mentioned that to Jon, he just said that he thought that they would. He was right. Jon knows his stuff.

After he finished up he said to be careful because the lugs might need retightening. He suggested that we go for a ride and come back to re-check for tightness. So I did and wow, were they loose. Jon had them torqued up again and I made it home no sweat. The car rides better, handles better (raining) in the wet. It's alot quieter ride too. All around I gained more drivability. I took some pics in the rain:

Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today. IMGP2233

Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today. IMGP2242

Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today. IMGP2237

Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today. IMGP2235

Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today. IMGP2238

Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today. IMGP2232
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today.   Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2009, 5:08 pm

Holy shit that looks great! When did you de-mould your car, or was it always like that and I never noticed??
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today.   Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2009, 5:15 pm

It was always like that. I think the black rims draws attention to that area of the car now. I don't even recognize it yet it's so different.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today.   Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2009, 5:21 pm

Maybe thats what it is, I never noticed you were de-moulded. Your car looks sick as hell, cant wait to see it in person!!!
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today.   Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2009, 5:23 pm

those are some meats!
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today.   Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2009, 5:57 pm

They look great Tom thumbsup
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today.   Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2009, 6:25 pm

yeah they do...
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today.   Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2009, 6:32 pm

Your car looks fantastic! Love the wheels!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today.   Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2009, 7:10 pm

looks real nice bud! those srt rims would look nice on my car..... hint hint
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today.   Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2009, 7:38 pm

I'm glad it worked out well. i had him seat the wheels because the powder coat was real thick in the lug holes and it felt kinda mushy when we torqued it up. it just needed a little ride to seat the wheels and flatten down the powder coat. I'm sure you will have great dry traction switching from that 245 to a 315.

the pics don't do it any justice. the rears look massive. like a tubbed old school ride. I'm gonna have to get some 10in rear wheels and some 315's for the street in the spring for my ride. i should have taken a picture on how much wider the 315 was than the 275 he has on the front. for reference I'm running 275 all around my car if you have seen it so his are way wider.

im sure it depends on the tire for if 315's fit or not but the nittos clear fine. some tires come with large rim protectors that stick out and can cause clearance issues but the nittos have just the right size rim protector and work out great.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today.   Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2009, 7:41 pm

I'll be hitting you up for tires one of these days, Jon. Hell, free tires! How can I pass that up!

Really, I hate these RSAs.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today.   Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2009, 7:45 pm

HiPwr wrote:
I'll be hitting you up for tires one of these days, Jon. Hell, free tires! How can I pass that up!

Really, I hate these RSAs.

wait what? free tires? sure if you bring them with you. lol.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today.   Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2009, 7:51 pm

jontoad wrote:

the pics don't do it any justice. the rears look massive. like a tubbed old school ride. I'm gonna have to get some 10in rear wheels and some 315's for the street in the spring for my ride. i should have taken a picture on how much wider the 315 was than the 275 he has on the front.

My ex has 315's on his Firebird and those are massive tires. Can't wait until I get home and can actually see the pictures.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today.   Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2009, 10:00 pm

it looks real good!!!
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today.   Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2009, 1:21 pm

Did you adjust your tire size with your Predator, Tom?
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today.   Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2009, 1:25 pm

HiPwr wrote:

its pretty close to stock height. you don't really have to.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today.   Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2009, 6:56 pm

HiPwr wrote:

Oh yeah, no, I didn't. Thanks Eric. Got to cancel a code too.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today.   Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2009, 9:47 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
HiPwr wrote:

you were talking about that code you were popin cause of your magnaflow mid pipes when you came to the shop and i forgot to ask you. do you have the catless mids or the ones with the magnaflow highflow cats on em?
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today.   Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 27th 2009, 6:25 am

It has the highflow cats (I think). It might just be shitty o2 sensers. It happens once in a great while. The car came with the exhaust, so I'm not positive. I'd have to put it up on a lift to know for sure.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today.   Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 27th 2009, 7:48 am

jontoad wrote:
HiPwr wrote:

its pretty close to stock height. you don't really have to.

Hmmm, I set the rear size in the tune. Doesn't seem to be an adj. for staggered setup.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today.   Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 27th 2009, 7:49 am

jontoad wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:
HiPwr wrote:

you were talking about that code you were popin cause of your magnaflow mid pipes when you came to the shop and i forgot to ask you. do you have the catless mids or the ones with the magnaflow highflow cats on em?

That code I just cleared was for the cats this time. It's a different code everytime. I'm not going to worry about it.
Back to top Go down
cjresto
CAMM Member
cjresto

PostSubject: Re: Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today.   Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 27th 2009, 8:15 am

Only have to adjust the predator to the rear tires.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today.   Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 27th 2009, 8:16 am

Damn dude!! That looks AWESOME!! Glad it all worked out, looks KILLER!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today.   Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 27th 2009, 3:25 pm

Took some better pics today with the car all washed up. Added one more thing to under hood too!

Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today. IMGP2243

Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today. IMGP2244

Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today. IMGP2250

Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today. IMGP2249

Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today. IMGP2248

Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today. IMGP2252

Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today. IMGP2253

Dang! The Bat Mobile or what? lol.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today.   Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 27th 2009, 5:24 pm

I'm gonna hafta put a sign above my garage that sez The Batcave, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today.   Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jontoad is the Man. Mounted my tires today.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next